Image ImageImage Image

PG: Survived in San Antonio

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

PG: Survived in San Antonio 

Post#1 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:00 am

Vuc had a really good game in the second half. Made some clutch plays down the stretch.

Ayo had a really good game. Javon Carter got out the doghouse and played well.

Everyone else was kind of Meh. Not great, not bad either.

We found a way to blow an 18 pt lead and be behind by 5 before pulling it out. Not good.

Better start picking it up going forward.
The Cult of Personality
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Re: PG: Survived in San Antonio 

Post#2 » by aguifs » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:03 am

Fugly
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,095

Post#3 » by Chi town » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:04 am

Good win.

We are starting to play as a team. Zach is a huge lift in both ends.

Meanwhile Klay was 7-23 tonight. Spurs shot out of their mind and we survived.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,728

Post#4 » by madvillian » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:05 am

we're back to the like the .400 win pace instead of .550. Not good. We need a trade. Mid 3 can't continue.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#5 » by FriedRise » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:07 am

We looked like crap for a super long stretch, but I'll take an away W on the second night of a back to back + travel any night, especially after a mentally draining night like last night. We also just played our 3rd game in 4 nights.

3-1 since Zach came back, so the team is finding a way to win WITH him. He's doing a lot of different things now with rebounding, assist, and defense, but he also can't forget that we still primarily need him to score efficiently.

Only 3 games back from 8th with Orlando sliding. Let's get it in Cleveland.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,333

Post#6 » by Stratmaster » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:07 am

Y'all do remember the Bulls played last night and got into SA at 1:30 a.m., right?

Road win in a brutal back to back. I don't care who they were playing. I will take it.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,906

Post#7 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:09 am

Carter took way too many shots
Zach took too few shots
Ayo was a stud on both ends
DeMar and Vucevic's defense almost killed us

Vucevic had a great sequence to end the game. A huge 3 pointer, block and rebound
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,484

Post#8 » by coldfish » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:10 am

I agree with those saying this was an ugly game. San Antonio had a lot of chances to win this but executed terribly down the stretch.

Its weird with Vucevic. His box score looked a lot better than the eye test.
The team went iso Derozan late and again it didn't work well.
Coby just looks so much more in control than he did in the past.

If the team plays like this against better opposition its going to be a fat L.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stratmaster » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:13 am

Orlando lost their 3rd straight. 8th place here we come?

Chi town
RealGM

Post#10 » by Chi town » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:14 am

Ayo looked exceptional tonight too. Wow.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,906

Post#11 » by Mk0 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:14 am

coldfish wrote:I agree with those saying this was an ugly game. San Antonio had a lot of chances to win this but executed terribly down the stretch.

We may have lost that game if Collins or McDermott were playing and definitely lose it if Wemby is playing (he is on a TEAR recently and the Spurs are finally starting to realize how to get him the ball)

I know it was a back to back and we got into San Antonio late last night but that was a diluted version of a bad roster and it came down to the final minute.

Missing Pat and Craig is a killer. Caruso playing PF isn't good for anyone.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Chi town
RealGM

Post#12 » by Chi town » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:15 am

Stratmaster wrote:Orlando lost their 3rd straight. 8th place here we come?

Pacers and Cavs playing out of their mind too. They will be slipping soon. Knicks don’t have much offense either and could slip.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#13 » by RastaBull » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:15 am

Stratmaster wrote:Y'all do remember the Bulls played last night and got into SA at 1:30 a.m., right?

Road win in a brutal back to back. I don't care who they were playing. I will take it.

It taking OT vs Hornets, then again vs Houston, then having to play a "clutch" game with Spurs ... doesn't look good to fans that want to focus on things that don't look good.

Yes, I agree, we should have put each of those games away and that's something you go to the drawing board and figure out why it didn't happen.

BUT ... winning in OT against any team is winning in OT. Winning in the final 5 minutes of a "clutch" game (on the road) against any team still counts as a win. And a "clutch" win at that.

That's why at end of season they throw up those team records: "who is best in OT," "who is best in clutch games". No one is parsing through those and debating "well yeah, but this game and this game shouldn't really count because it was this team or this team."

Props to the team in the win. Pulled out one that probably should have been easier, but there were a number of great, composed, and impressive plays to make sure they still secured the win!
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,696

Post#14 » by sco » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:18 am

B2B road win. I'll take that 10 out 10 times. We won this on 44% 3pt shooting and low TO's.

White looked tired tonight

Vuc bumslayed...hey sometimes that's enough

Ayo finding his 3pt mojo...good for him!

Caruso was awesome as usual

Zach is still finding his game. Those handles are a bit loose. But he had to be tired.

Pat was invis...never mind
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#15 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:18 am

Feels like a loss. But we found a way to win. It’s obvious this isn’t gonna work though unless Donovan finds a way to coach around some serious deficiencies. We are barely winning against awful teams. I’m almost afraid to see what will happen against a really good team.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stratmaster » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:18 am

RastaBull wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Y'all do remember the Bulls played last night and got into SA at 1:30 a.m., right?

It taking OT vs Hornets, then again vs Houston, then having to play a "clutch" game with Spurs ... doesn't look good to fans that want to focus on things that don't look good.

Yes, I agree, we should have put each of those games away and that's something you go to the drawing board and figure out why it didn't happen.

BUT ... winning in OT against any team is winning in OT. Winning in the final 5 minutes of a "clutch" game (on the road) against any team still counts as a win. And a "clutch" win at that.

That's why at end of season they throw up those team records: "who is best in OT," "who is best in clutch games". No one is parsing through those and debating "well yeah, but this game and this game shouldn't really count because it was this team or this team."

Props to the team in the win. Pulled out one that probably should have been easier, but there were a number of great, composed, and impressive plays to make sure they still secured the win!
Yep. I agree. They weren't playing a doubleheader. They could only pick up one win tonight and they did.

On to the next one.

RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#17 » by RastaBull » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:20 am

coldfish wrote:I agree with those saying this was an ugly game. San Antonio had a lot of chances to win this but executed terribly down the stretch.

Yeah, I thought the same with Vuc. He chipped away throughout game getting his points and rebounds. But he also was majorly contributing to bad team defense at the same time. It was frustrating.

But major major props to him for buckling down and play really focused bball on both ends for last 5 minutes. He was huge with offensive rebounds, blocks, standing his ground and lateral movement in defensive paint, and of course that 3 point make to ice it. Gotta give him the game ball and hope he continues to end games with this all-around focus (even if it's not there across the full 48)
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,134

Post#18 » by Jvaughn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:20 am

Thank goodness for Jeremy Sochan. If he's leading your team in FGA, a good chance you're not gonna win.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#19 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:20 am

One thing I will say is still completely from early in the season is that we don’t quit no matter how bad things are going. That shows that everyone is on the right page mentally.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,926

Post#20 » by RSP83 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:21 am

Stratmaster wrote:Orlando lost their 3rd straight. 8th place here we come?

Win-Loss record aside, we're closer to the 11th seed than we are to the 8th seed, especially what we've been seeing over the last 5 games. So yeah, I disagree with Bill Simmons.

This team has fundamental problem to sort out. Whatever it is the "rock" that have been weighing this team.

The good thing, with Coby's emergence is we now have a pivot path. I can still see Zach being part of that pivot.

Return to Chicago Bulls