Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#1061 » by Chi town » Sat May 4, 2024 3:18 pm

Friendly reminder…

Bulls were 26th in 3p Made and 20th in 3p percentage.

WE NEED SHOOTING.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1062 » by Chi town » Sat May 4, 2024 4:11 pm

So who will AK be trading the 11th pick for?

He wants to win not build a winner so I can see him moving this pick.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#1063 » by ChettheJet » Sat May 4, 2024 6:53 pm

The Bulls would be signing Harris for what THEY think works for them, they aren't in desperation mode to get him specifically.

If the GSW are interested in winning now in Steph's window, why would they want 40% of the Chicago Bulls starting 5? They've seen the Bulls of the past 4 years.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,155

Post#1064 » by MrSparkle » Sat May 4, 2024 7:23 pm

Chi town wrote:So who will AK be trading the 11th pick for?

He wants to win not build a winner so I can see him moving this pick.

Tobias Harris S&T. :lol:
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,921

Post#1065 » by TheSuzerain » Sun May 5, 2024 2:48 pm

Coby to Spurs for our pick + Raps pick.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,688

Post#1066 » by sco » Sun May 5, 2024 2:56 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Coby to Spurs for our pick + Raps pick.

I'd do that, but I would think that SA could do better with 2 picks.
:clap:
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#1067 » by Clint Eastwood » Sun May 5, 2024 8:06 pm

Shocking to me how many would trade our young ascending player out for middling picks. I wish we didn’t dump Lauri and Portis too.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,148

Post#1068 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Mon May 6, 2024 9:11 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:

Shocking to me how many would trade our young ascending player out for middling picks. I wish we didn’t dump Lauri and Portis too.

Coby is a free agent after two years. Next season is a wash because there's too much dead salary and no space to sign free agents (except to overpay Patrick Williams). There is probably not any kind of internal growth that will turn the Bulls from a below .500 team into a good team. Coby or no Coby, it would be silly to expect this exact same roster to somehow perform better next year. Maybe by 2025-2026, presuming the team doesn't re-sign Lonzo Pat or DeMar and otherwise keeps the "core" intact, there's wiggle to build around the fearsome bunch of Lavine, 36-year-old Vucevic, Coby and Ayo...for a year until Coby and Vuc are off the books.

The reason you trade Coby for "middling picks" is that the middling picks might turn into good players that you pay next to nothing for four years. Those middling picks help you to draft better players. All of them might help your team from 2026-2030 rather than exclusively in 2026. With that cap room you have by building a team that's mostly on rookie deals and vet mins, you might be able to use it on useful players that actually fill a need. Maybe a trade for a proper star that is actually possible because you have cap space and useful assets. If this team was smart they would have been preparing for Giannis years ago, instead they quadrupled down on Vuc and Pat and Zach. Let's see if they do it again.

in short, Coby doesn't fit the timeline and he's valuable so he should be traded while he still has value. If they had kept Lauri and Carter and all those draft picks, it would be wonderful to keep Coby on the team. instead, the fire sale that needed to happen years ago still needs to happen. it'll only get worse.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1069 » by TheSuzerain » Mon May 6, 2024 10:08 pm

It sucks but if we're actually to rebuild (and we should), that's going to involve selling off our assets of actual value (Caruso + Coby).
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,197

Post#1070 » by League Circles » Mon May 6, 2024 10:11 pm

I'm all for trading Coby for value, but not for scraps. I understand we'll probably have to overpay him in 2 years but IMO that's better than trading him for garbage now.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,083
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#1071 » by Clint Eastwood » Mon May 6, 2024 10:20 pm

League Circles wrote:I'm all for trading Coby for value, but not for scraps. I understand we'll probably have to overpay him in 2 years but IMO that's better than trading him for garbage now.

Yes, he is worth a young unproven recent first round pick plus at least one lottery pick. He is so vastly underpaid for the next two years, has shown allstar if not superstar potential and is a great teamate. His workethic has been proven and he has improved vastly in the offseason. If you can trade him for a package of josh giddey and at least one lottery draft choice, then i would consider it. Middling picks, no thank you.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#1072 » by TheSuzerain » Tue May 7, 2024 2:41 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
League Circles wrote:I'm all for trading Coby for value, but not for scraps. I understand we'll probably have to overpay him in 2 years but IMO that's better than trading him for garbage now.

Yes, he is worth a young unproven recent first round pick plus at least one lottery pick. He is so vastly underpaid for the next two years, has shown allstar if not superstar potential and is a great teamate. His workethic has been proven and he has improved vastly in the offseason. If you can trade him for a package of josh giddey and at least one lottery draft choice, then i would consider it. Middling picks, no thank you.

Superstar potential? Get a grip dude.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,337

Post#1073 » by kodo » Tue May 7, 2024 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,321

Post#1074 » by d boy gentleman » Wed May 8, 2024 2:35 am

kodo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

Wasn't that the supposed asking price for him at the trade deadline? Does Ainge think he's going to fleece a team like he did Minnesota and Cleveland ?
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,291

Post#1075 » by Dan Z » Wed May 8, 2024 4:43 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
kodo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?

Wasn't that the supposed asking price for him at the trade deadline? Does Ainge think he's going to fleece a team like he did Minnesota and Cleveland ?

That's too much for Markkanen. He's up for a contract extension in a year.

I'd like him back on the Bulls, but not at that price. Plus, the Bulls would need a different center to make it work.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#1076 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 9, 2024 4:13 pm

Kind of a soft-ball serve, but a situational draft night idea:

Zach Lavine to HOU
Ausar Thompson, Jock Landale, Jeff Green (waive) to CHI
Bulls swap #11 up to #9 (if it matters, on draft night - 2 spots might make a big difference, depending who drops to 9)

Rockets end up having a lot of firepower and defense. I think Zach would like playing for Udoka. Bulls get some cap relief, a young position-less :roll: shot blocker/above-rim prospect. You could develop him, Patrick, Phillips, Terry in an all-defensive front-court better suited for Vucevic, whom you can pump-n-pad on a tank job (move on from Demar).

Rockets would have a lot of guys to feed, but Udoka's probably the right personality to get them to buy in. But then I have a follow-up trade for Houston: FVV, Jalen Green, Eason, 3 FRPs (inc. that #11) for Dame. So Houston ends up being Dame-Zach-Brooks-Smith-Sengun, which is frankly an insane amount of 3P range and adequate size/defense in front-court. Milwaukee ends up with FVV-Green-Middleton-Giannis-Brook/Portis -- Bucks go back to bully ball, with no defensive liabilities. Also re-fill their asset cup.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,688

Post#1077 » by sco » Thu May 9, 2024 5:28 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Kind of a soft-ball serve, but a situational draft night idea:

Zach Lavine to HOU
Bulls swap #11 up to #9 (if it matters, on draft night - 2 spots might make a big difference, depending who drops to 9)

Rockets end up having a lot of firepower and defense. I think Zach would like playing for Udoka. Bulls get some cap relief, a young position-less :roll: shot blocker/above-rim prospect. You could develop him, Patrick, Phillips, Terry in an all-defensive front-court better suited for Vucevic, whom you can pump-n-pad on a tank job (move on from Demar).

Rockets would have a lot of guys to feed, but Udoka's probably the right personality to get them to buy in. But then I have a follow-up trade for Houston: FVV, Jalen Green, Eason, 3 FRPs (inc. that #11) for Dame. So Houston ends up being Dame-Zach-Brooks-Smith-Sengun, which is frankly an insane amount of 3P range and adequate size/defense in front-court. Milwaukee ends up with FVV-Green-Middleton-Giannis-Brook/Portis -- Bucks go back to bully ball, with no defensive liabilities. Also re-fill their asset cup.

I see too much duplication between Zach and Jalen Green for HOU to be interested.
:clap:
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#1078 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 9, 2024 6:22 pm

sco wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Kind of a soft-ball serve, but a situational draft night idea:

Zach Lavine to HOU

I see too much duplication between Zach and Jalen Green for HOU to be interested.

I think the mindset would be to move Green for another vet star to compliment an already young cast (Smith/Sengun/etc.).
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#1079 » by Hangtime84 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:49 pm

Chi town wrote:Friendly reminder…

WE NEED SHOOTING.

I wonder would that be if we removed vooch and gave those FGAs to other players
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1080 » by Chi town » Thu May 9, 2024 6:59 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
Chi town wrote:Friendly reminder…

WE NEED SHOOTING.

I wonder would that be if we removed vooch and gave those FGAs to other players

We would shoot better and win more games.

Subtracting Vuc is a BIG WIN

Return to Chicago Bulls