Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#21 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:44 pm

I think we should hold off on making trades and just accumulate as many assets while keeping a playoff roster to try and get embiid eventually
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#22 » by sco » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:46 pm

Muzbar wrote:Ok, I wasn't going to post this because I know it will immediately get shot down because it involves Coby and Caruso, but...

Bulls receive:

Dejounte Murray
Clint Capela
AJ Griffin

Hawks receive:

Coby White
Alex Caruso
Nikola Vucevic
Dalen Terry

Zach doesn't seem to be going anywhere (whether that's due to his contract or not), I think a Murray/LaVine pairing would actually be really good, plus the Bulls swap Vuc with Capela giving the Bulls rim protection and rebounding and roll the dice with Griffin whilst also giving Pat a bigger role on offence.

The Hawks bolster their defence and add a young piece in Coby, Vuc can play along side either Jalen Johnson or Okongwu (or Pascal if they make that trade)

Bulls then follow up with a trade with Philly.

Bulls receive:

Marcus Morris Sr.
Robert Covington
Mo Bamba

76ers receive:

DeMar DeRozan
Torrey Craig

Bulls get additional bench veterans that can also start if needed and gives Chicago some more size.

Philly gets a win now vets in DeRozan and Craig without losing any of their capspace this coming offseason.

Rotation ends up as such:

Murray/Carter/Ball
LaVine/Ayo
Griffin/RoCo/Phillips
Williams/Morris/Taylor
Capela/Drum/Bamba

Bulls still have an open spot to sign another guard if they wish, Griffin can also play some guard minutes.

Could still make another move, maybe to get Kuzma, but would likely have to include Pat or Griffin.

Aaaaaand flame away!

I get it, but I'm digging the whole Coby emergence storyline, and Caruso is my fave Bull this season. Also, I read somewhere that ATL is focused on getting 2 1sts back for Murray (to recoup some of what they put out for him). If there is no bigger deal to be done, I'd be happy tossing out Terry and a 2nd for Griffin.

I'd be generally pleased to be rid of Vuc and grab that retread Bamba to backup Drummond.

Just so you're not flamed alone, I would include the POR 1st with Zach in a deal for Murray.
:clap:
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 832

Post#23 » by ChiefILL53 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:30 pm

patryk7754 wrote:I think we should hold off on making trades and just accumulate as many assets while keeping a playoff roster to try and get embiid eventually

we cant really acquire assets unless we make trades.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#24 » by Muzbar » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:30 pm

sco wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Ok, I wasn't going to post this because I know it will immediately get shot down because it involves Coby and Caruso, but...

Bulls receive:

Dejounte Murray
Clint Capela
AJ Griffin

Hawks receive:

Coby White
Alex Caruso
Nikola Vucevic
Dalen Terry

Zach doesn't seem to be going anywhere (whether that's due to his contract or not), I think a Murray/LaVine pairing would actually be really good, plus the Bulls swap Vuc with Capela giving the Bulls rim protection and rebounding and roll the dice with Griffin whilst also giving Pat a bigger role on offence.

The Hawks bolster their defence and add a young piece in Coby, Vuc can play along side either Jalen Johnson or Okongwu (or Pascal if they make that trade)

Bulls receive:

Marcus Morris Sr.
Robert Covington
Mo Bamba

76ers receive:

DeMar DeRozan
Torrey Craig

Bulls get additional bench veterans that can also start if needed and gives Chicago some more size.

Philly gets a win now vets in DeRozan and Craig without losing any of their capspace this coming offseason.

Murray/Carter/Ball
LaVine/Ayo
Griffin/RoCo/Phillips
Williams/Morris/Taylor
Capela/Drum/Bamba

Bulls still have an open spot to sign another guard if they wish, Griffin can also play some guard minutes.

Could still make another move, maybe to get Kuzma, but would likely have to include Pat or Griffin.

Aaaaaand flame away!

I get it, but I'm digging the whole Coby emergence storyline, and Caruso is my fave Bull this season. Also, I read somewhere that ATL is focused on getting 2 1sts back for Murray (to recoup some of what they put out for him). If there is no bigger deal to be done, I'd be happy tossing out Terry and a 2nd for Griffin.

I'd be generally pleased to be rid of Vuc and grab that retread Bamba to backup Drummond.

Just so you're not flamed alone, I would include the POR 1st with Zach in a deal for Murray.

Yeah, obviously I'd MUCH rather keep Coby over Zach, but I don't see the Bulls getting Murray for Zach even with the POR 1st. So that's why included Coby for it to be more enticing for Atlanta.

You and I may be the only ones that would welcome Dejounte if the Bulls somehow acquired him.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 832

Post#25 » by ChiefILL53 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:35 pm

I'd like dejounte but ive heard he hasnt really brought defense and the other skills to the team that everyone thought he would. Granted, its not a great fit, but when your defensive players are lacking on an entire team that needs defensive help? Makes me hesitate a lil
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#26 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:41 pm

ChiefILL53 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I think we should hold off on making trades and just accumulate as many assets while keeping a playoff roster to try and get embiid eventually

we cant really acquire assets unless we make trades.

i meant making a huge trade like Lavine, white or Vuceciv (unless something crazy is offered).

Hypothetically, if the Warriors offer us Green and an unprotected 1st for Damar then do it.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#27 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:42 pm

ChiefILL53 wrote:I'd like dejounte but ive heard he hasnt really brought defense and the other skills to the team that everyone thought he would. Granted, its not a great fit, but when your defensive players are lacking on an entire team that needs defensive help? Makes me hesitate a lil

a horrible defensive team can make the greatest defender of all time look bad. if everyone is always out of place, or isn't switching or just lacking effort, it's easy for it to look like you aren't playing good defense.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#28 » by Dan Z » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:12 pm

Muzbar wrote:
sco wrote:

Bulls receive:

Dejounte Murray
Clint Capela
AJ Griffin

Hawks receive:

Coby White
Alex Caruso
Nikola Vucevic
Dalen Terry

Bulls receive:

Marcus Morris Sr.
Robert Covington
Mo Bamba

76ers receive:

DeMar DeRozan
Torrey Craig

Murray/Carter/Ball
LaVine/Ayo
Griffin/RoCo/Phillips
Williams/Morris/Taylor
Capela/Drum/Bamba

Aaaaaand flame away!

Yeah, obviously I'd MUCH rather keep Coby over Zach, but I don't see the Bulls getting Murray for Zach even with the POR 1st. So that's why included Coby for it to be more enticing for Atlanta.

You and I may be the only ones that would welcome Dejounte if the Bulls somehow acquired him.

I wouldn't trade Coby straight up for Murray, even if salaries matched. Coby is trending upward, is 23 years old and on a good contract. Murray is 27 years old and not a bad player, but not what Atlanta was hoping for when they traded for him. Next year he'll also be paid 12 million more than Coby.

I'd be interested in AJ Griffin if it's a low cost deal.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#29 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Looks pretty fair to me
keobulls
Junior
And1: 168

Post#30 » by keobulls » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:44 pm

Muzbar wrote:
keobulls wrote:Would DDR and Vuc for Harris, Korkmaz, and Bamba interest the Sixers at all?

Sixers would get a good scoring compliment (DDR) and much better back up big to help Joel out (Vuc).

Bulls would get a starting level PF, a "shooter" who doesn't seem to play much on the 76ers, and a backup big body.

Bamba getting significant minutes on the Bulls may be a disaster, but the other moves could unlock more of what everyone wants to see with the semi youth movement (more time and touches for the ascending players on the Bulls).

No, it wouldn't.

The Sixers don't want to take on any long term salary as they are projected to have a ton of capspace this offseason, taking on Vuc would mess that up. Also, they are very high on Harris and for earlier reports have a high asking price for him.

I thought that might be the case. I could see it being an All-In move if they thought they were close enough to the title this year and wanted a playoff bump in performance. How many years until Maxey needs big money?
You can buy manure outside, from better grazing grounds for your bulls, but if you never cultivate your own feces to flower better weeds you will always look to other side of a fence. - Koristossu
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#31 » by Dan Z » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:54 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks pretty fair to me

I'd be surprised if Toronto accepted a deal like that. Two role players and a mid-round first...I bet they can do better.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#32 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:02 am

Totally forgot buddy asked out of Indiana due to contract stall. I really don’t think wanted to be there away when listening to Stacey Kings podcast of him
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,468

Post#33 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:03 am

Dan Z wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks pretty fair to me

I'd be surprised if Toronto accepted a deal like that. Two role players and a mid-round first...I bet they can do better.

Can they? I'm not sure how much anyone wants to trade for what is essentially a very good role player who is going to be gunning for a max contract next year.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#34 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:04 am

keobulls wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
keobulls wrote:Would DDR and Vuc for Harris, Korkmaz, and Bamba interest the Sixers at all?

Sixers would get a good scoring compliment (DDR) and much better back up big to help Joel out (Vuc).

Bulls would get a starting level PF, a "shooter" who doesn't seem to play much on the 76ers, and a backup big body.

Bamba getting significant minutes on the Bulls may be a disaster, but the other moves could unlock more of what everyone wants to see with the semi youth movement (more time and touches for the ascending players on the Bulls).

No, it wouldn't.

The Sixers don't want to take on any long term salary as they are projected to have a ton of capspace this offseason, taking on Vuc would mess that up. Also, they are very high on Harris and for earlier reports have a high asking price for him.

I thought that might be the case. I could see it being an All-In move if they thought they were close enough to the title this year and wanted a playoff bump in performance. How many years until Maxey needs big money?

Next season.

So they'll likely sign pieces and then max out Maxey.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#35 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:05 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks pretty fair to me

Can they? I'm not sure how much anyone wants to trade for what is essentially a very good role player who is going to be gunning for a max contract next year.

Pascal is a 'very good role player'?

Really?
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:42 am

Muzbar wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Really?

If you prefer a different description, fine, but the point is not a lot of teams are going to offer a ton for a guy who is not a #1, wants a max deal, and has half a season left on his contract.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#37 » by Chi town » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:15 am

Per WT Rockets want Barnes?

Makes no sense when they have Jabari and Eason.

If it’s true and they are willing to give up Eason or Whitmore for Barnes I could see a 3 way with Bulls for Lavine.

Bulls get Huerter and Eason/Whitmore and Kings 1st.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:31 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Really?

If you prefer a different description, fine, but the point is not a lot of teams are going to offer a ton for a guy who is not a #1, wants a max deal, and has half a season left on his contract.

Well, Shams just reported that Indiana is offering 3 1sts, proving I have no idea what I'm talking about!
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 659

Post#39 » by boozapalooza » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:13 am

Read on Twitter

3 first rounders and player package including Bruce Brown. Very steep price for a rental. Even if they know Pascal is gonna resign, wow.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#40 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:27 am

boozapalooza wrote:
Read on Twitter

3 first rounders and player package including Bruce Brown. Very steep price for a rental. Even if they know Pascal is gonna resign, wow.

I think Pascal is the first domino, next is Dejounte Murray IMO.

Then maybe Zachs market widens a bit.

Return to Chicago Bulls