Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#41 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:43 am

Chi town wrote:Per WT Rockets want Barnes?

Makes no sense when they have Jabari and Eason.

If it’s true and they are willing to give up Eason or Whitmore for Barnes I could see a 3 way with Bulls for Lavine.

Bulls get Huerter and Eason/Whitmore and Kings 1st.

I was thinking about this also.

Bulls receive:

Kevin Huerter (Sac)
Tari Eason/Cam Whitmore (Hou)
Jeff Green (Hou)
Victor Oladipo's contract (Hou)

Kings receive:

Zach LaVine (Chi)

Rockets receive:

Harrison Barnes (Hou)
Dalen Terry (Chi)

Bulls release Terry Taylor to complete the trade.

That's just the frame work for financials, picks to be worked out later if needed.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#42 » by kodo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:33 am

boozapalooza wrote:
Read on Twitter

3 first rounders and player package including Bruce Brown. Very steep price for a rental. Even if they know Pascal is gonna resign, wow.

3 first rounders and they have to max him out in FA anyway? I'm not touching that.
That's a championship price, and Siakam isn't an MVP to lead a team to a title. That're more likely Hali in a few years.

I will say Masai is doing great with the teardown of his play-in team. Makes me jealous.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#43 » by MalagaBulls » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:12 am

kodo wrote:
boozapalooza wrote:
Read on Twitter

3 first rounders and player package including Bruce Brown. Very steep price for a rental. Even if they know Pascal is gonna resign, wow.

3 first rounders and they have to max him out in FA anyway? I'm not touching that.
That's a championship price, and Siakam isn't an MVP to lead a team to a title. That're more likely Hali in a few years.

I will say Masai is doing great with the teardown of his play-in team. Makes me jealous.
It sure would be nice one day to have both a competent and consistent FO.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#44 » by MikeDC » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:40 pm

I realize it's not all exactly the same people, but the reaction to Siakam for Brown, Hield, and 2 firsts was along the lines of "that's so cheap" and the reaction for Brown, Field and 3 firsts is "omg that's a great haul".

Do you guys realize that those firsts might be almost entirely fictional? Currently, the 2 firsts in 24 the Pacers control are #18 and #27. It's logical to assume if they include a 3rd one, it's going to be similar to that. A late first.

I doubt they get a 3rd first actually, unless it comes from immediately flipping Brown to a 3rd team. Which seems feasible.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#45 » by sco » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:14 pm

I'm a big Grimes fan and I see the Knicks are looking at deals for another ball handler. I wonder how folks look at a deal like:

Vuc/Carter for Grimes/Simms/Fournier?

Grimes has very good 3-D potential, but he lost his starting gig to Divincenzo who was a FA pickup and has been great for NY. Fournier is just a contract, but honestly there is a small chance he can contribute to our bench scoring if he got consistent minutes.

I think Simms could be a decent back-up C...at least he blocks shots and has a decent motor, but he fell out of the rotation after NY got Precious.

I think Vuc can help the Knicks bench scoring, but mainly, I just want to be rid of him!
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#46 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:17 pm

Muzbar wrote:I was thinking about this also.

Bulls receive:

Kevin Huerter (Sac)
Tari Eason/Cam Whitmore (Hou)
Jeff Green (Hou)
Victor Oladipo's contract (Hou)

Kings receive:

Zach LaVine (Chi)

Rockets receive:

Harrison Barnes (Hou)
Dalen Terry (Chi)

Bulls release Terry Taylor to complete the trade.

That's just the frame work for financials, picks to be worked out later if needed.

I like that enough, taking Eason. I think Huerter scores enough in the new system and gives at least the same effort on defense as Lavine.

I'd look very hard at sending Jeff Green to a contender for a 2nd round pick. I'd rather buyout or ship out Oladipo for another 2nd because neither of them is going to return next year and only take minutes from younger guys who will return. Then keep Taylor
RyanJamari
Junior
And1: 122

Post#47 » by RyanJamari » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=Q6y48QW0IuaqMY0p7xnMVQ

3 first round picks!!! Hope they have a deal in place!
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#48 » by MGB8 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:01 pm

Brown, Nwora, and a separately acquired Kira Lewis plus 3 firsts for Siakam. The 3 firsts are a lot, though unclear of any protections on them.

Still, sending a role player / borderline starter, a non-starter level bench player, a salary filling bust in Kira Lewis - plus 3 late firsts for Siakam doesn’t seem so bad.

Way better than the Vuc trade, as Siakam is a 2 way player and younger at time of trade, and Vuc trade involved more assets out beyond the two too lightly protected ultimately lotto picks (where Indiana is further away from lotto than Bulls were when made trade, and aren’t completely changing the team the way AKME NBA2K’d it, thinking that such huge roster changes within season wouldn’t have serious negative impact).
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#49 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:02 pm

Interested in what the final deal is, so far it doesn't add up financially for the Pacers and no word on what the Pelicans are getting.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#50 » by FriedRise » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:11 pm

Wonder who else the Raptors are gonna trade/waive if they're gonna tear it down. They have too many players now with 3 new incoming.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,295

Post#51 » by andyhop » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:16 pm

Muzbar wrote:Interested in what the final deal is, so far it doesn't add up financially for the Pacers and no word on what the Pelicans are getting.

Pelicans are getting under the luxury tax
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#52 » by MikeDC » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:22 pm

Whelp... I vastly underestimated how much the Pacers would pay.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#53 » by Dan Z » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:34 pm

MGB8 wrote:Brown, Nwora, and a separately acquired Kira Lewis plus 3 firsts for Siakam. The 3 firsts are a lot, though unclear of any protections on them.

Still, sending a role player / borderline starter, a non-starter level bench player, a salary filling bust in Kira Lewis - plus 3 late firsts for Siakam doesn’t seem so bad.

Way better than the Vuc trade, as Siakam is a 2 way player and younger at time of trade, and Vuc trade involved more assets out beyond the two too lightly protected ultimately lotto picks (where Indiana is further away from lotto than Bulls were when made trade, and aren’t completely changing the team the way AKME NBA2K’d it, thinking that such huge roster changes within season wouldn’t have serious negative impact).

They gave up their own 2024 and 2026 picks plus this one:

Read on Twitter

I think the 2026 pick is unprotected, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,466

Post#54 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:36 pm

Dan Z wrote:
MGB8 wrote:Brown, Nwora, and a separately acquired Kira Lewis plus 3 firsts for Siakam. The 3 firsts are a lot, though unclear of any protections on them.

They gave up their own 2024 and 2026 picks plus this one (that I think they got in the Huerter trade):

Read on Twitter

I think the 2026 pick is unprotected, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

I saw a report that it's Top 4 protected.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#55 » by Dan Z » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:40 pm

FriedRise wrote:Wonder who else the Raptors are gonna trade/waive if they're gonna tear it down. They have too many players now with 3 new incoming.

How would they tear it down?

Barnes and Quickley are good young players. They also have a solid center in Poeltl. Then there's RJ Barrett (who is divisive on these boards).
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,355

Post#56 » by Kurt Heimlich » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:42 pm

We can't give Zach away and soon to be Max'ed Siakam returns 3 1sts. I figured Siakam would be worth more but seems like Zach's "loser" label is truly pervasive.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#57 » by Wingy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:01 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:We can't give Zach away and soon to be Max'ed Siakam returns 3 1sts. I figured Siakam would be worth more but seems like Zach's "loser" label is truly pervasive.

Kinda crazy. Pascal's a better player, but 5 years, $250 million is a lot for a guy less than 3 months from turning 30.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#58 » by FriedRise » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:03 pm

Dan Z wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Wonder who else the Raptors are gonna trade/waive if they're gonna tear it down. They have too many players now with 3 new incoming.

Barnes and Quickley are good young players. They also have a solid center in Poeltl. Then there's RJ Barrett (who is divisive on these boards).

Well maybe they move Bruce Brown?
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#59 » by Dan Z » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:07 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Well maybe they move Bruce Brown?

They can do that, but I still don't think it gets them a top pick in the draft (if that's their goal).

EDIT: I looked at the standings. Pistons, WIzards, Hornets, Spurs, Blazers and Grizzlies are definitely worse than the Raptors. I guess they could be in the mix for a good pick with some lottery help.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#60 » by kodo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:12 pm

Windy said Dejounte Murray has the largest trade kicker in NBA history attached if he's moved, interesting tidbit in the trade drama.

Return to Chicago Bulls