Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,446

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#61 » by Muzbar » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:46 pm

kodo wrote:Windy said Dejounte Murray has the largest trade kicker in NBA history attached if he's moved, interesting tidbit in the trade drama.

The fanspo site only lists a 15% trade bonus on his current contract and nothing on his extension.

15% seems the norm, unless their information is wrong.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Post#62 » by patryk7754 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:22 pm

I think our best bet is converting Damar into Jerami Grant. It would be a 3-team trade and base case scenario would be the Blazers mostly accepting Grant as a salary dump and the team that gets Damar is willing to part ways with a role player or two, plus a pick. I think the Kings fit this the best.

Kings Recieve: Damar
Blazer Recieve: Kevin Huerter, Trey Lyles, multiple 2nd round picks from CHI and SAC
Bulls Receive: Grant and SAC 1st (hopefully unprotected but will most likely have protection on it)

-Kings get their 3rd all-star/high-level scorer and still keep Murray.
-Blazers get two solid roll players to help build with along with draft capital and get off Grant's long deal
-Bulls get a pick and an upgrade in defense and size and keep similar production offensively

After that, we can do this trade:

White, Williams, and Vucevic to the Hawks
Murray, Capela, and Wes Matthews to the Bulls

Murray/Carter
Lavine/Ayo
Caruso/Matthews
Grant/Craig
Capela/Drummond
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#63 » by Charlesareed » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:23 am

patryk7754 wrote:I think our best bet is converting Damar into Jerami Grant. It would be a 3-team trade and base case scenario would be the Blazers mostly accepting Grant as a salary dump and the team that gets Damar is willing to part ways with a role player or two, plus a pick. I think the Kings fit this the best.

Blazer Recieve: Kevin Huerter, Trey Lyles, multiple 2nd round picks from CHI and SAC
Bulls Receive: Grant and SAC 1st (hopefully unprotected but will most likely have protection on it)

-Blazers get two solid roll players to help build with along with draft capital and get off Grant's long deal
-Bulls get a pick and an upgrade in defense and size and keep similar production offensively

Murray/Carter
Lavine/Ayo
Caruso/Matthews
Grant/Craig
Capela/Drummond

I’d rather have Coby & paw and to do a different Zach trade
Chicago Raised me
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#64 » by Dan Z » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:57 am

Indiana now has four power forwards on their roster: Pascal Siakam, Jalen Smith, Jarace Walker (who they picked #8 in the 2023 draft) and Obi Toppin.

Should the Bulls inquire about one of them?
Muzbar
Starter

Post#65 » by Muzbar » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:35 am

Dan Z wrote:Indiana now has four power forwards on their roster: Pascal Siakam, Jalen Smith, Jarace Walker (who they picked #8 in the 2023 draft) and Obi Toppin.

Nah. They're all too tall.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,682

Post#66 » by sco » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:00 am

Dan Z wrote:Indiana now has four power forwards on their roster: Pascal Siakam, Jalen Smith, Jarace Walker (who they picked #8 in the 2023 draft) and Obi Toppin.

I'd like to see if we could get Toppin, but really, anyone would be an improvement.
:clap:
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#67 » by Dan Z » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:01 am

sco wrote:

I'd like to see if we could get Toppin, but really, anyone would be an improvement.

I've heard that Toppin is a bad defender, so he might not be a good idea. Jalen Smith is having a good year so the Pacers probably don't part with him, but maybe Jarace Walker? He's basically unknown at this point because he barely plays.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#68 » by Muzbar » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:20 am

Dan Z wrote:
sco wrote:

I've heard that Toppin is a bad defender, so he might not be a good idea. Jalen Smith is having a good year so the Pacers probably don't part with him, but maybe Jarace Walker? He's basically unknown at this point because he barely plays.

The Pacers wouldn't trade Jarace for Siakam so I doubt they move him for anything the Bulls could offer.

I think Smith or Toppin would be the most obtainable.

I'd like Smith personally.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#69 » by BullChit » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:36 am

I'm not in my right mind right (won't go into detail) now so I don't think this even works but if you could trade Zach to Sac for the offers we previously heard and then trade DeMar and Caruso to Atlanta for Dejounte I'd be a happy camper.

Dejounte
White
P.Will
H.Barnes
Vuc.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,534

Post#70 » by JRoy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:21 am

patryk7754 wrote:I think our best bet is converting Damar into Jerami Grant. It would be a 3-team trade and base case scenario would be the Blazers mostly accepting Grant as a salary dump and the team that gets Damar is willing to part ways with a role player or two, plus a pick. I think the Kings fit this the best.

Murray/Carter
Lavine/Ayo
Caruso/Matthews
Grant/Craig
Capela/Drummond

Zero interest from POR. Downgrade for yet another guard for SRP.

Addresses none of our many issues and donates an asset another team might want for real value.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,742

Post#71 » by Dez » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:44 am

JRoy wrote:

Murray/Carter
Lavine/Ayo
Caruso/Matthews
Grant/Craig
Capela/Drummond

Addresses none of our many issues and donates an asset another team might want for real value.

Gets rid of your biggest issue in Grant's god awful contract. Portland would take that and run, it's awful for everyone else.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#72 » by PJSteven22 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:30 am

Murray/Carter
Lavine/Ayo
Caruso/Matthews
Grant/Craig
Capela/Drummond

I’m sorry but this ain’t it.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#73 » by PJSteven22 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:48 am

Muzbar wrote:
keobulls wrote:Would DDR and Vuc for Harris, Korkmaz, and Bamba interest the Sixers at all?

Sixers would get a good scoring compliment (DDR) and much better back up big to help Joel out (Vuc).

Bulls would get a starting level PF, a "shooter" who doesn't seem to play much on the 76ers, and a backup big body.

Bamba getting significant minutes on the Bulls may be a disaster, but the other moves could unlock more of what everyone wants to see with the semi youth movement (more time and touches for the ascending players on the Bulls).

No, it wouldn't.

The Sixers don't want to take on any long term salary as they are projected to have a ton of capspace this offseason, taking on Vuc would mess that up. Also, they are very high on Harris and for earlier reports have a high asking price for him.

Who are they going to send that cap space on? Klay Thompson? Gary Trent Jr
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#74 » by Wingy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:46 pm

Bulls / Nets swap

Zach/Terry/Jevon
for
Simmons/DFS/2025 PHX 1st, 2027 Philly 1st

Nets might as well try to win, they don’t have their own picks. Simmons is useless to them.

Bulls get an AK win now player in DFS, plus some decent dart throw picks given two teams with aging stars. They can try to hunt a big fish in the offseason/next season using the Simmons expiring and picks.

Doesn’t excite me, but if we must get rid of Zach I could see it.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,534

Post#75 » by JRoy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:21 pm

Dez wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Murray/Carter
Lavine/Ayo
Caruso/Matthews
Grant/Craig
Capela/Drummond

Gets rid of your biggest issue in Grant's god awful contract. Portland would take that and run, it's awful for everyone else.

No. POR doesn’t value Grant as a salary dump. Right or wrong that is not the opinion of the FO.

Hard pass.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#76 » by ChettheJet » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:07 pm

OK TOR waives Koloko. He's one of the long athletic guys I always wanted to add to a TOR trade and now here he is. Even with little playing time he would bring the one thing the Bulls lack from 3-15 on the roster, height. Drafted 33rd a year ago he's like a free 2nd round pick and cheap.
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#77 » by Rodrickle » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:11 pm

ChettheJet wrote:OK TOR waives Koloko. He's one of the long athletic guys I always wanted to add to a TOR trade and now here he is. Even with little playing time he would bring the one thing the Bulls lack from 3-15 on the roster, height. Drafted 33rd a year ago he's like a free 2nd round pick and cheap.

Koloko was waived because he has a respiratory condition. Nothing to do with his play. He had a pretty decent rookie year.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 659

Post#78 » by boozapalooza » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Not a fit for Zach, but maybe Demar. Would you do this deal?

Grimes
Fournier
NYK 2024 1st

For Demar

I have to think this would be a pretty solid deal for both sides. Demar could fit in well with that offense and Thibs loves his vets. Giving up a FRP likely in the 20-25 range wont be too painful for NYK. For us, we get to take a chance on Grimes and add some draft capital.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,465

Post#79 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:58 pm

boozapalooza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Grimes
Fournier
NYK 2024 1st

For Demar

I have to think this would be a pretty solid deal for both sides. Demar could fit in well with that offense and Thibs loves his vets. Giving up a FRP likely in the 20-25 range wont be too painful for NYK. For us, we get to take a chance on Grimes and add some draft capital.

TBH, I know the organization loves him, but given the current state of the team and the fact that age seems to finally be catching up with DeMar a bit, I'd be pretty thrilled about this deal. Grimes is worth a look and Fournier has a team option for next year. The NYK pick isn't going to be great, but it'd be nice to have another selection in 2024.

NY would need to send a bit more salary out to make this deal work, though.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,682

Post#80 » by sco » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:58 pm

boozapalooza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Grimes
Fournier
NYK 2024 1st

For Demar

Was lobbying for something similar. Knicks could probably benefit from Vuc as well.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls