Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #10

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,446

Re: NBA Trade Thread #10 

Post#81 » by Muzbar » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:00 pm

PJSteven22 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
keobulls wrote:Would DDR and Vuc for Harris, Korkmaz, and Bamba interest the Sixers at all?

Sixers would get a good scoring compliment (DDR) and much better back up big to help Joel out (Vuc).

Bulls would get a starting level PF, a "shooter" who doesn't seem to play much on the 76ers, and a backup big body.

Bamba getting significant minutes on the Bulls may be a disaster, but the other moves could unlock more of what everyone wants to see with the semi youth movement (more time and touches for the ascending players on the Bulls).

No, it wouldn't.

The Sixers don't want to take on any long term salary as they are projected to have a ton of capspace this offseason, taking on Vuc would mess that up. Also, they are very high on Harris and for earlier reports have a high asking price for him.

Who are they going to send that cap space on? Klay Thompson? Gary Trent Jr

GTJ wouldn't be a horrible get, filling out their roster would be a plan. But that's a question for the 6ers, I'm only saying what I had seen previously reported.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#82 » by Wingy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:28 pm

PJSteven22 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
keobulls wrote:Would DDR and Vuc for Harris, Korkmaz, and Bamba interest the Sixers at all?

Sixers would get a good scoring compliment (DDR) and much better back up big to help Joel out (Vuc).

Bulls would get a starting level PF, a "shooter" who doesn't seem to play much on the 76ers, and a backup big body.

Bamba getting significant minutes on the Bulls may be a disaster, but the other moves could unlock more of what everyone wants to see with the semi youth movement (more time and touches for the ascending players on the Bulls).

No, it wouldn't.

The Sixers don't want to take on any long term salary as they are projected to have a ton of capspace this offseason, taking on Vuc would mess that up. Also, they are very high on Harris and for earlier reports have a high asking price for him.

They should go for it while Embiid's at MVP-level and healthy, and Maxey is still on the books for cheap.

Marcus Morris + filler + 4 firsts to the Nets for Mikal Bridges

Firsts would be 2024 Philly, 2026 Philly, 2026 (lowest of Hou, OKC, LAC), 2028 Philly - all unprotected [heck, he's probably worth 5 given what Siakam just commanded]

Maxey / Melton / The Pat Bev Effect
Oubre / Melton / Korkmaz
Bridges / RoCo
Harris / Batum
Embiid / Reed / Bamba

That gives them a starting 5 that's close to rivaling Boston's super 5, and with a deeper, better bench unit.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#83 » by Dan Z » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:01 pm

Wingy wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:No, it wouldn't.

They should go for it while Embiid's at MVP-level and healthy, and Maxey is still on the books for cheap.

Firsts would be 2024 Philly, 2026 Philly, 2026 (lowest of Hou, OKC, LAC), 2028 Philly - all unprotected [heck, he's probably worth 5 given what Siakam just commanded]

Oubre / Melton / Korkmaz
Bridges / RoCo
Harris / Batum
Embiid / Reed / Bamba

That gives them a starting 5 that's close to rivaling Boston's super 5, and with a deeper, better bench unit.

I don't think they can trade their 2024 pick because they owe a 2025 pick to OKC. They also owe Brooklyn a 2027 pick.

But they have a 2026 pick from OKC, Houston or Clippers (Philly gets the least favorable out of the three) and a 2028 pick from the Clippers. Plus a swap in 2029 with the Clippers.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,214

Post#84 » by Mark_83 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:28 pm

I noticed you guys were unable to extend Pat Williams in the offseason. Can any of you tell me why they couldn't agree to a deal? Was he asking for too much or does he want a bigger role or something? Any chance he would be available in trade?
LikeMike23
Bench Warmer
And1: 617

Post#85 » by LikeMike23 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Mark_83 wrote:I noticed you guys were unable to extend Pat Williams in the offseason. Can any of you tell me why they couldn't agree to a deal? Was he asking for too much or does he want a bigger role or something? Any chance he would be available in trade?

The Bulls didn't extend Patrick Williams because he wanted more money than the Bulls were willing to pay. Rumor has it, he wanted $20+ million per year. There's no chance he's available for trade. The Bulls will match any offer he receives in free agency or sign him to a team friendly deal like Coby White.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#86 » by Mark_83 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:54 pm

LikeMike23 wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:I noticed you guys were unable to extend Pat Williams in the offseason. Can any of you tell me why they couldn't agree to a deal? Was he asking for too much or does he want a bigger role or something? Any chance he would be available in trade?

The Bulls didn't extend Patrick Williams because he wanted more money than the Bulls were willing to pay. Rumor has it, he wanted $20+ million per year. There's no chance he's available for trade. The Bulls will match any offer he receives in free agency or sign him to a team friendly deal like Coby White.

If they weren't willing to pay him 20+, would they match a 30 million offersheet?
LikeMike23
Bench Warmer
And1: 617

Post#87 » by LikeMike23 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:55 pm

Mark_83 wrote:
LikeMike23 wrote:

If they weren't willing to pay him 20+, would they match a 30 million offersheet?

Ain't nobody offering Patrick Williams $30 million a year :lol:
Muzbar
Starter

Post#88 » by Muzbar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:01 am

LikeMike23 wrote:

I very much doubt there 'no chance' of him being available for trade. Nobody on this team should be untouchable, for the right package Patrick Williams could very well be traded.

Pat is not some can't miss prospect.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#89 » by Charlesareed » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:06 am

LikeMike23 wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:
LikeMike23 wrote:The Bulls didn't extend Patrick Williams because he wanted more money than the Bulls were willing to pay. Rumor has it, he wanted $20+ million per year. There's no chance he's available for trade. The Bulls will match any offer he receives in free agency or sign him to a team friendly deal like Coby White.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I actually heard you saying this in my head it’s so funny lol but yeah no one is offering paw $30 million a year at all
Chicago Raised me
Muzbar
Starter

Post#90 » by Muzbar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:07 am

Mark_83 wrote:
LikeMike23 wrote:

Would you want Patrick Williams at 30m a year?
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#91 » by Mark_83 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:07 am

LikeMike23 wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:
LikeMike23 wrote:The Bulls didn't extend Patrick Williams because he wanted more money than the Bulls were willing to pay. Rumor has it, he wanted $20+ million per year. There's no chance he's available for trade. The Bulls will match any offer he receives in free agency or sign him to a team friendly deal like Coby White.

You'd be surprised. There are teams with capspace that top players won't go to who will do desperate things. The Pacers signed Ayton to a ridiculous 33 million offersheet just over a year ago and he's not exactly a star.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by Mark_83 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:08 am

Muzbar wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:

Would you want DeAndre Ayton at 33 million a year?
Muzbar
Starter

Post#93 » by Muzbar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:12 am

Mark_83 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:If they weren't willing to pay him 20+, would they match a 30 million offersheet?

I mean if some team wants to give Patrick Williams 30m a year, more power to them, it would be a mistake, but more power to them I suppose.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by Mark_83 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:17 am

Muzbar wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Would you want Patrick Williams at 30m a year?

I mean if some team wants to give Patrick Williams 30m a year, more power to them, it would be a mistake, but more power to them I suppose.

Not doubting it would be a mistake, but some teams can't attract players in regular free agency (the Pacers for example) so they have to overpay for marginal talent. In RFA the cost would have to be sufficiently high to render matching it untenable.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#95 » by Muzbar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:20 am

Mark_83 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:Would you want DeAndre Ayton at 33 million a year?

Not doubting it would be a mistake, but some teams can't attract players in regular free agency (the Pacers for example) so they have to overpay for marginal talent. In RFA the cost would have to be sufficiently high to render matching it untenable.

The Pacers knew they weren't getting Ayton, they didn't sign that contract to sign him, it was to get the Suns to match. That was an agent move.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#96 » by FriedRise » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:37 am

Mark_83 wrote:
LikeMike23 wrote:

Depends on what they end up doing with Zach and DeMar.

If they're both gone and we fans get what we want with a rebuild (one can only hope), they'll easily match a 30M offer sheet. If both are somehow still here, that'll make it a lot more difficult because we're gonna have to start talking about the T word.

Spoiler:
T word = Tax. This ownership will do all they can to dodge the luxury tax at all costs.
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#97 » by PJSteven22 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:58 am

Wingy wrote:
PJSteven22 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:No, it wouldn't.

Oubre / Melton / Korkmaz
Bridges / RoCo
Harris / Batum
Embiid / Reed / Bamba

I don’t even think they have 4 firsts to trade
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#98 » by FriedRise » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:24 pm

Read on Twitter
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,682

Post#99 » by sco » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:22 pm

https://1ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2024%2F01%2F18%2Fsports%2Fknicks-trying-to-trade-quentin-grimes-why-he-doesnt-fit%2F

I'm a Grimes fan. I think if we are ultimately keeping Demar, but not Zach, he's a near-perfect guy at the SG position. Also the fact that the Knicks might take on salary, coupled with their C position need (Precious isn't a good answer for them and Hartenstein will likely be gone as a UFA this offseason), maybe Vuc is attractive.
:clap:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#100 » by Chi town » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:07 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

DDR for a 1st to send to BKN for Cam Johnson or Claxton.

They are probably trading everyone but Bridges Cam and Claxton

Return to Chicago Bulls