Image ImageImage Image

Favorite Bulls Right Now?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Favorite Bulls-vote for 3

1-CWhite (probable winner as of now)
33%
2-Ayo (hometown kid getting better)
12%
3-JCarter (another hometown, scrappy guy)
1%
4-Lavine (doubt many votes here)
2%
5-Caruso (another probable winner)
26%
6-DeMar (solid vet, but starting to slip)
9%
7-PWill (if you squint hard, you can see a good player)
5%
8-Vuc (doubt many votes here either)
1%
9-Drummond (one of the most fun Bulls)
10%
10-Other (DTerry, TTaylor, Phillips)
2%

Total votes: 128

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,421

Favorite Bulls Right Now? 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:32 pm

So, halfway through this season, who are your favorite current Bulls? Vote for 3 please

For me, Coby (SUCH a better player, and competes on D)
Caruso (I love defense, and he is super-elite-great teammate too)
PWill (I was in favor of picking him-thought Hali looked like a bum. If we make a jump internally, it'll be with him)

HM-Drummond (so much fun sometimes) and DDR (still good, but not the same as before and I love defense)
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,694

Re: Favorite Bulls Right Now? 

Post#2 » by sco » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:43 pm

Coby and Caruso - obviously

I struggled with my 3rd, but ultimately decided on Drummond. He's been so much better than expected. Seeing his impact on the game, and that it goes largely unappreciated by Billy (in terms of minutes that should be taken from Vuc) and via lack of discussion here, I thought I'd toss the dude some love. I am of the opinion that the simple move of starting him over Vuc in an even minutes split would add meaningfully to our win total. Some fun AD stats: As a starter he's averaging 14/17/.4/1.4/1.4
:clap:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,848

Post#3 » by DuckIII » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:13 pm

Super hard for me to do. I picked Ayo and Coby because they are my favorites. First Ayo because I’ve seen his entire evolution and he reminds me of one of my all time favorite Bulls: He’s Taj as a guard. Ayo will get 100% out of what god gave him and he’s proven that by steadily evolving his game for years. Pure winner, hard as iron competitor, you want him on your team. Some day he is going to win us a random playoff game here and there with what he does.

Then I’ve always loved Coby’s personality and his improved play which now makes him exciting rather than painful to watch makes him an all around favorite.

Third would Pat because he’s the only player on the team I find intellectually interesting to breakdown and analyze and there is an extra layer of excitement to me because I believe the payoff could be big if he hits.

Hate leaving AC off because how can you not love everything about him. But I’m so forward thinking with what interests me that he comes in a very close 4th.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,425

Post#4 » by drosestruts » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:22 pm

I went with DeMar.

Think he's still the best player on the team which usually heavily factors in to my decision. He also just seems like a cool guy.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,848

Post#5 » by DuckIII » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:30 pm

drosestruts wrote:I went with DeMar.

Think he's still the best player on the team which usually heavily factors in to my decision. He also just seems like a cool guy.

One weird thing for me as a fan who strongly feels we should have largely blown it up a year ago and still think we should today, is that I basically dig and respect all these guys. Whatever happens I hope they all end up in good situations for them and excel. This seems like a very solid group of citizens and fun loving guys from the outside looking in. Except Pat who seems suspicious of joy.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,210

Post#6 » by League Circles » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:35 pm

Coby and Drummond, with Demar as honorable mention. They're the coolest guys on the team. I do like basically our whole roster though.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,425

Post#7 » by drosestruts » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:57 pm

DuckIII wrote:

One weird thing for me as a fan who strongly feels we should have largely blown it up a year ago and still think we should today, is that I basically dig and respect all these guys. Whatever happens I hope they all end up in good situations for them and excel. This seems like a very solid group of citizens and fun loving guys from the outside looking in. Except Pat who seems suspicious of joy.

It's such an odd team.

I think there's a lot of individual talent on this roster. They seem to have great chemistry. The team passes the vibe check.

And yet... it just doesn't work.

And the answer is somehow shockingly obvious. Like this year for example, we have 10 different positive 5-man lineups, some feature Zach, some feature DeMar, none feature both Zach and DeMar.

It'd almost be easier in a way if there was some actual problem on the roster. I hope if/when any of these players do get traded, the Chicago media and fans don't do the typical Chicago thing and somehow try to vilify them or rewrite history.

These are all good players who all do seem like good guys. No one's a problem. There's no team cancer. It just sadly doesn't work.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 755

Post#8 » by Charlesareed » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:57 pm

My favorite bulls on this current team are Coby caurso paw ayo drumm & dalen terry has grown on me he’s playing better then I thought he could I like demar but he slows down the game a lot and he disappears offensively so must it hurts the team I like Craig to he just gotta get healthy

Trade Zach vuc Carter

The rookies need to get some in game reps we need size the most
Chicago Raised me
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#9 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:04 pm

Pat.

I too am suspicious of joy.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,460

Post#10 » by LateNight » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:48 pm

Coby, Caruso, Demar. Ayo should be on there too - probably Torrey, but he’s not front of the mind because of the injury. I like Drumm too - especially his off the court stuff. Seems like a good teammate
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,103

Post#11 » by Wingy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:04 pm

Voted Coby, and AC.
- Coby’s easy. He’s trending towards cracking my top 5 all time Bulls.
- AC, for his obvious hustle and leadership. But trade him nonetheless. The business side sucks. :(
- DeMar was a tough omission, but his game just clashes too much vs what we need to do despite his tremendous skill and mastery of the mid-range.

Otherwise, I really do like all of these players to one degree or another. Too bad their architect is on a permanent bender.
Narigo
Veteran
And1: 822

Post#12 » by Narigo » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:10 pm

Caruso plays with a lot of heart
Narigo's Fantasy Team

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Sidney Moncrief
SF:
PF: James Worthy
C: Tim Duncan

BE: Robert Horry
BE:
BE:
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,258

Post#13 » by HomoSapien » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:16 pm

Coby, Drummond, AC. Ayo is right there too and Pat has grown on me.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,778

Post#14 » by kyrv » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:34 am

sco wrote:Coby and Caruso - obviously

I struggled with my 3rd, but ultimately decided on Drummond. He's been so much better than expected. Seeing his impact on the game, and that it goes largely unappreciated by Billy (in terms of minutes that should be taken from Vuc) and via lack of discussion here, I thought I'd toss the dude some love. I am of the opinion that the simple move of starting him over Vuc in an even minutes split would add meaningfully to our win total. Some fun AD stats: As a starter he's averaging 14/17/.4/1.4/1.4

I also went Coby and Caruso, honorable mention to Drummond and DeMar.
Bill Walton wrote: Keep the music playing.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#15 » by FriedRise » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:51 am

Coby, Caruso, DeMar.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,093

Post#16 » by Chi town » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:04 am

Coby doing Coby things
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,499

Post#17 » by ImSlower » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:31 am

Tough times here. Zero faith in Pat, have never seen a winner in him. Dislike all three of our 3 stars throughout their tenures. Coby with his T-Rex arms has been fun this season as he stepped up after I bagged on him throughout his career, but I'm resolutely not nearly as high as most of the forum here is on him. Caruso is an absolute delight and I never want him to leave - he's my vote on this poll, but this team is hot garbage and it'd be great if AK got some actual draft pick value out of him.

I think I'm second behind Aguifs as the biggest negative nancy for this roster. AK's decisions have been disastrous and my favorite Bull currently is Benny.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,111

Post#18 » by bledredwine » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:13 pm

Demar. Without Demar, we're one of the worst few teams in the league over the last few years IMO.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,742

Post#19 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:42 pm

Coby, AC and Ayo pretty easy choices. I wish it was P Will
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,727

Post#20 » by madvillian » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:51 pm

DuckIII wrote:

All of our players are likable off the court and for the most part on it. It's just that the group as a whole is having hard time getting the post Jordan bulls stink off them.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls