Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 2.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Choose the quarterback

Caleb Williams
71%
Jayden Daniels
2%
Drake Maye
3%
Justin Fields
20%
Michael Penix
3%
Other
2%

Total votes: 66

biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,928

Re: Bears 2024 2.0 

Post#1901 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:59 pm

Read on Twitter

9 for 18 and 49?

Or 9 for 18 and a future 1st? We gave up that much trading for Justin lol
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,629

Post#1902 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:00 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

9 for 18 and 49?

I’m not so sure that Bowers is going to be there at 9.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,539

Post#1903 » by fleet » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:05 pm

:laugh: :gossip: :laugh:

Read on Twitter
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 381

Post#1904 » by JockItch43 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:06 pm

Charlesareed wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter

This guy is my favorite player in the draft. So what he has a name tailor made for adult films, he could potentially be a top 3-5 TE ever.

Caleb/Moore/Bowers would be a dream come true

:pray:

I’ve been watching Brock for 3 1/2 years and I’d love if the bears can somehow draft him along with Caleb

Video shows why you cant consider his draft value based on his “position”. An OC would be a fool to utilize him like a traditional TE.

I’m all for one of Bowers, Nabers, or Odunze at 9, depending on who’s there. Bowers is going to be a problem in this league, especially if he lands in the right spot. Bears with Caleb and Waldron would likely be one of those spots.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1905 » by fleet » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:14 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
fleet wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:So what’s your point? We can go off of what he says. But somebody posting a video of him working out is different because we don’t know when that video was and it’s not like the comments on the post are even his.

The point is, the extreme doubt being raised lately about all the goings on don't appear to have been very well-founded in instinctive accuracy

And you know where it all leaves me Fleet?? It leaves me in a place where I’m just ready to this to be done so that we can just talk Bears football again. This process got old really fast.

Cmon man, These drafts are our Superbowl. :D

I feel like when the Bulls won the #1 pick in the Rose draft, and I couldn't sleep for weeks, posting RealGM, reading scouting reports, talking Memphis basketball in the tavern across the alley from my old house. This block of time is going to be one of those times in the life of Chicago Bears fans they will tell their kids and grandkids about. A portion of the fanbase is missing out, and it's regrettable. Not my place to tell anybody how to feel though.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,928

Post#1906 » by biggestbullsfan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:15 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

9 for 18 and 49?

If Bowers is there at 9, it means that no WR fell to us, which would give me credence to move down. I think Bowers could be great but using a 1st on a TE is not great. We have a lot of holes to fill. Getting two early picks would make more sense.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,355

Post#1907 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:34 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

9 for 18 and 49?

If Bowers is there at 9, it means that no WR fell to us, which would give me credence to move down. I think Bowers could be great but using a 1st on a TE is not great. We have a lot of holes to fill. Getting two early picks would make more sense.

Tons of scenarios possible before we get to 9. 4 QBs, 3WRs and Bowers could all go top 8. Which would be wild. Which means we're the king of the "who wants OT #1"? Or we take them ourselves. Trading back, even if it is just one spot like last year, could certainly be in play.

I will say watching Laiatu Latu's tape, you can't help but love him as a prospect. The guy moves like a 6'1'' 225 linebaker at 6'5'' 265 and shows such instinctual pass rush ability. Hes the only lineman who jumps off the screen that I've seen so far. But then there's the whole medical report with the medically retired neck thing and all. He's the biggest wildcard for me, especially in a draft where WR's are so deep and the top tier 3 guys may be gone by 9. Caleb #1, Trade back from 9 to 10 + future 4th, draft Latu 10, trade Justin for 43 + 2025 3rd, draft/trade up for your WR at 43 (or up) would be a stressful draft weekend, but one that could hit so many high value needs, ideally.
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 381

Post#1908 » by JockItch43 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:36 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can someone explain this to me, because it’s not making sense. Based on their grading scale, do they really only expect these guys to just be starter material?

8.0: The perfect prospect
7.3-7.5: Perennial All-Pro
7.0-7.1: Pro Bowl talent
6.7-6.9: Year 1 starter
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#1909 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:48 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:The post may be new. But we don’t know that the video is. Who in the world goes to work on vacation?? Think about it.

Yeah, I guess it could be an old video, which would invalidate the post. With that said, I think most professional athletes go to work on vacation. At least the ones that want to improve.

Meh, I don’t know about that. You can love something and be passionate about it. But when it’s time to recharge it’s just time to recharge. It’s hard to imagine someone saying that they don’t want to see anything football, just to go on vacation to practice football.

Also, I’m not medical expert or anything, but I can’t imagine that his wrist is still bothering him to the extent that he’s still be wearing a wrap. My guess is that this is an older video. Taking the orange cleats was also a nice touch too…

So it's either an old film and was only posted on social media as propaganda (and really doesn't belong here), or it's a new film and should be criticized for the hypocrisy.

Either way, it doesn't seem like empirical evidence of anything. Just a tweet to enflame the audience and get some clicks. No offense to yourself, JF, or person who posted this here. I just wanted to give the reason why I objected it.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1910 » by fleet » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:01 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:I’m not so sure that Bowers is going to be there at 9.

Tons of scenarios possible before we get to 9. 4 QBs, 3WRs and Bowers could all go top 8. Which would be wild. Which means we're the king of the "who wants OT #1"? Or we take them ourselves. Trading back, even if it is just one spot like last year, could certainly be in play.

I will say watching Laiatu Latu's tape, you can't help but love him as a prospect. The guy moves like a 6'1'' 225 linebaker at 6'5'' 265 and shows such instinctual pass rush ability. Hes the only lineman who jumps off the screen that I've seen so far. But then there's the whole medical report with the medically retired neck thing and all. He's the biggest wildcard for me, especially in a draft where WR's are so deep and the top tier 3 guys may be gone by 9. Caleb #1, Trade back from 9 to 10 + future 4th, draft Latu 10, trade Justin for 43 + 2025 3rd, draft/trade up for your WR at 43 (or up) would be a stressful draft weekend, but one that could hit so many high value needs, ideally.

Latu reminds me of an old school DE like Trace Armstrong. Not the greatest of athletes. Gamer, and good technique use. Not a modern prototype. Upside is a lot of pretty nice floor rather than extreme high ceiling if healthy. Which is nice don't get me wrong. I will be happy with him. Darius Robinson is becoming very interesting as a trade down target.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,355

Post#1911 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:09 am

fleet wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

Latu reminds me of an old school DE like Trace Armstrong. Not the greatest of athletes. Gamer, and good technique use. Not a modern prototype. Upside is a lot of pretty nice floor rather than extreme high ceiling if healthy. Which is nice don't get me wrong. I will be happy with him. Darius Robinson is becoming very interesting as a trade down target.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Maybe I'm just getting Vontae Mack vibes after watching Latu murder USC's Oline and taking our future #13 down time and time again in these highlights. :lol:
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst

Post#1912 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:10 am

Watching a few more prospects. I'd be really happy if we could land guys like Trice (edge from Washington) and DeJean (CB/S from Iowa). Hard-nosed kids that seem to keep making big play after big play. Good feel for the game. I haven't looked at where they're projected to go, but I'd love to land those guys after a trade down.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,954

Post#1913 » by Dresden » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:14 am

Knowing the Bears, I doubt they take a chance on Late due to his neck. Poles seems very risk adverse with high picks (Jalen Carter). Not to mention that they'll likely be looking for weapons for Caleb at that point in the draft anyway.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,954

Post#1914 » by Dresden » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:18 am

If Bowers is there at 9, and both Odunze and Nabors aren't, and the Bears pass on him, I'll be pretty bummed. He is to TE's what Marv is to WR's. I know TE's aren't as valuable, but when you have a top 3 type player at that position it sure helps your offense. I think all 3 will likely be gone by our pick though, in which case I would try to trade down. Get one of the next tier WR's, and an extra 2nd or 3rd to use on linemen or a safety.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,591

Post#1915 » by dice » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:51 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:Watching a few more prospects. I'd be really happy if we could land guys like Trice (edge from Washington) and DeJean (CB/S from Iowa). Hard-nosed kids that seem to keep making big play after big play. Good feel for the game. I haven't looked at where they're projected to go, but I'd love to land those guys after a trade down.

trice early 2nd, dejean mid-1st. seriously doubt they'd consider dejean unless planning to start him at safety
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#1916 » by dice » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:59 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
Chi town wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:Who would you sign at WR in FA? Keep Mooney, bring in Evans or Boyd?

Evans or Boyd over Mooney and I like Mooney. Think Fields was his biggest problem but he also got in his own head last year.

We are not gonna pay for 30 yr old Evans and 29 yr old Boyd

certainly could on a shorter term deal
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#1917 » by dice » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:02 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
fleet wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is Fields vs Pickett an actual debate? Fields has produced more, has objectively better physical tools and is younger than Pickett. I get Steelers fans/stakeholders arguing for their guy. But outside of that, I don't really see how it's actually even a thing?

fields was drafted 11th, pickett 20th. fields has marginally outperformed him, as expected. age is not a factor. pickett is a bit cheaper, they could retain whatever draft capitol they would have to surrender for fields, and there would be no pressure to re-sign pickett to a big contract, unlike w/ fields
profisme
Senior
And1: 176

Post#1918 » by profisme » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:09 am

Dresden wrote:If Bowers is there at 9, and both Odunze and Nabors aren't, and the Bears pass on him, I'll be pretty bummed. He is to TE's what Marv is to WR's. I know TE's aren't as valuable, but when you have a top 3 type player at that position it sure helps your offense.

I agree. I personally want to see him on the Bears more than any other player in this draft. He is a combo of Jeremy Shockey, Greg Olsen, and Vernon Davis.
dice
RealGM

Post#1919 » by dice » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:20 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:with the new cap figure, I think my ideal group of free agent signings would be

Madubukie, DT
Floyd, DE
Chusenberry, C
Bourne, WR
Townsend, P

That would leave a starting safety and OL depth as our biggest issues, which would be addressed in the draft

Bourne is meh. Don't know that Townsend is all that great. He really hasn't had to punt much. I would've rather had Araiza. Chusenberry would be great. No on Floyd unless you are adding him to a 3 man rotation with Sweat and a high rookie pick.

spending mad money on a DT is a terrible idea. cushenberry coming off first good season and was pretty terrible in his first 3 seasons, so that one's a gamble. as for floyd, he'd be returning to a location where he was considered a disappointment. bad psychology. he'll be 32 next season, obviously in decline. PFF grades:

age 29: 70
age 30: 66
age 31: 56

much depends on the contract, of course
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst

Post#1920 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:48 am

dice wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:Watching a few more prospects. I'd be really happy if we could land guys like Trice (edge from Washington) and DeJean (CB/S from Iowa). Hard-nosed kids that seem to keep making big play after big play. Good feel for the game. I haven't looked at where they're projected to go, but I'd love to land those guys after a trade down.

trice early 2nd, dejean mid-1st. seriously doubt they'd consider dejean unless planning to start him at safety

Oh I didn't realize DeJean had a 1st round grade. I agree with prognosis then.

Return to Chicago Bulls