Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 2.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Choose the quarterback

Caleb Williams
71%
Jayden Daniels
2%
Drake Maye
3%
Justin Fields
20%
Michael Penix
3%
Other
2%

Total votes: 66

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,591

Re: Bears 2024 2.0 

Post#1921 » by dice » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:12 am

simulated 2023 re-draft. pretty interesting!

1 CAR cobayashi jarvis stroud
2 HOU richardson
3 ARI nacua - 2nd most valuable rookie
4 IND bryce - gotta take a swing if you're the colts - still a better option than levis
5 SEA witherspoon - first repeat selection - 3rd most valuable rookie
6 DET anderson - bookend to hutchinson
7 LVR rice
8 ATL flowers
9 CHI carter

theory is that best rookie WRs and CBs would always shoot up in re-drafts. they are not drafted higher because the transition to pro at these positions is something of a crapshoot. still, carter falling to #9 would be an upset

gonzalez would be a possible top 10er as well. he fell in the draft as a top 10 prospect and was a stud right out of the box before getting injured
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#1922 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:20 am

dice wrote:
nitetrain8603 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:with the new cap figure, I think my ideal group of free agent signings would be

Madubukie, DT
Floyd, DE
Chusenberry, C
Bourne, WR
Townsend, P

That would leave a starting safety and OL depth as our biggest issues, which would be addressed in the draft

Bourne is meh. Don't know that Townsend is all that great. He really hasn't had to punt much. I would've rather had Araiza. Chusenberry would be great. No on Floyd unless you are adding him to a 3 man rotation with Sweat and a high rookie pick.

spending mad money on a DT is a terrible idea. cushenberry coming off first good season and was pretty terrible in his first 3 seasons, so that one's a gamble. as for floyd, he'd be returning to a location where he was considered a disappointment. bad psychology. he'll be 32 next season, obviously in decline. PFF grades:

age 29: 70
age 30: 66
age 31: 56

much depends on the contract, of course

Chris Jones and Aaron Donald are huge reasons the Rams and Chiefs have won championships in the last few years. Donald has been the Rams MVP for years. Their position doesnt matter. An elite pass rusher is an elite pass rusher.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1923 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:23 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

9 for 18 and 49?

Or 9 for 18 and a future 1st? We gave up that much trading for Justin lol

I’m not so sure that Bowers is going to be there at 9.

And if he is there at 9, the Bears should take him. He goes in the McCaffrey and Samuel category of player.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1924 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:29 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

9 for 18 and 49?

Or 9 for 18 and a future 1st? We gave up that much trading for Justin lol

I’m not so sure that Bowers is going to be there at 9.

If Bowers is there at 9, it means that no WR fell to us, which would give me credence to move down. I think Bowers could be great but using a 1st on a TE is not great. We have a lot of holes to fill. Getting two early picks would make more sense.

The problem with that lone of thinking is that Bowers is not just a normal great tight end prospect. Bowers is an absolute elite offensive weapon prospect, irrespecitve of postion.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1925 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:36 am

JockItch43 wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can someone explain this to me, because it’s not making sense. Based on their grading scale, do they really only expect these guys to just be starter material?

8.0: The perfect prospect
7.3-7.5: Perennial All-Pro
7.0-7.1: Pro Bowl talent
6.7-6.9: Year 1 starter

This is ridiculous. There are multiple players in this draft that every analyst projects to be a perennial pro bowler. Williams and Harrison are touted as potentially top 5 prospects at their position ever. And Bowers might compare even more favorably to past TE prospects. Those ratings are trash. Trubisky was rated a 7.5 by them, just for reference.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1926 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:54 am

Until Fields is traded, I'm going to keep thinking about all the things we could possibly get for the #1 pick this year. The video game player in me loves it too much.

1 and Nate Davis for 2, 36, 40, Sam Cosmi and 2025 1st (similar to what we got from Panthers, except more value in #2 v #9 and less value in Cosmi v Moore).

Tag Jaylon Johnson. Re-sign some depth pieces. Sign DE Greenard, DE Floyd from BUF, FS Hyde from BUF, WR Boyd or Samuel, C Evan Brown from SEA, TE Fant from SEA, QB Brissett.

Draft Harrison, Bowers, FS Kinchens or Nubin, best OL with our 4 picks in the first two rounds.

Finish off the OL build. Add a starter and quality depth at FS, DE, WR, and TE. Add an elite backup QB. That still leaves money in free agency and several picks in the draft for depth. Plus we would have two 1s and two 2s next year.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#1927 » by nomorezorro » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:09 am

Dresden wrote:Knowing the Bears, I doubt they take a chance on Late due to his neck. Poles seems very risk adverse with high picks (Jalen Carter). Not to mention that they'll likely be looking for weapons for Caleb at that point in the draft anyway.

also think poles is gonna want a more athletic/longer guy at EDGE as opposed to a guy who wins with technique
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Mindcrime
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#1928 » by Mindcrime » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:15 pm

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:Watching a few more prospects. I'd be really happy if we could land guys like Trice (edge from Washington) and DeJean (CB/S from Iowa). Hard-nosed kids that seem to keep making big play after big play. Good feel for the game. I haven't looked at where they're projected to go, but I'd love to land those guys after a trade down.

DeJean looks like a McCaffery on defence, too bad there is no chance he last till the second round. Now if we somehow obatin a pick in the 20's he would be a no brainer for me.

_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#1929 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:05 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:Until Fields is traded, I'm going to keep thinking about all the things we could possibly get for the #1 pick this year. The video game player in me loves it too much.

1 and Nate Davis for 2, 36, 40, Sam Cosmi and 2025 1st (similar to what we got from Panthers, except more value in #2 v #9 and less value in Cosmi v Moore).

Tag Jaylon Johnson. Re-sign some depth pieces. Sign DE Greenard, DE Floyd from BUF, FS Hyde from BUF, WR Boyd or Samuel, C Evan Brown from SEA, TE Fant from SEA, QB Brissett.

Draft Harrison, Bowers, FS Kinchens or Nubin, best OL with our 4 picks in the first two rounds.

Finish off the OL build. Add a starter and quality depth at FS, DE, WR, and TE. Add an elite backup QB. That still leaves money in free agency and several picks in the draft for depth. Plus we would have two 1s and two 2s next year.

Washington rejects this.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#1930 » by Charlesareed » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:45 pm

Dresden wrote:If Bowers is there at 9, and both Odunze and Nabors aren't, and the Bears pass on him, I'll be pretty bummed. He is to TE's what Marv is to WR's. I know TE's aren't as valuable, but when you have a top 3 type player at that position it sure helps your offense. I think all 3 will likely be gone by our pick though, in which case I would try to trade down. Get one of the next tier WR's, and an extra 2nd or 3rd to use on linemen or a safety.

Big if but man id love if the bears ended up with Brock Bowers my favorite player in this draft im definitely buying his bears jersey day 1
Chicago Raised me
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,144

Post#1931 » by molepharmer » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:01 pm

Kind of sucks a bit talking about all these non-top 10 prospects we'd like to get for the Bears, knowing 99% of them will be gone between #9 and #75. Until Bears get another pick or two in that range, it's fantasyland. Yeh, I'm greedy for the Bears.

Went thru a consensus big board to see just how many players at which position are expected to be drafted, #11-74 and #75-143. 4 of the 6 Bears current picks are in that range, Also to keep it simpler, figured Bears likely won't be picking a QB, RB, TE, OT or LB in that range. Those five positions account for 40 picks between 11 an 143,

Pos.......#11-74.....#75-143
WR..........11,,,,,,,,,10 (top WRs after #74 Pearsall, Rice, Wilson, McMillan)
IOL...........5..........7 (top IOL after #74 Van Pran, Puni, Mahogany, Zinter)
DL............7..........7 (Fiske, M Jackson, M Smith, Wingo)
Edge.........9..........5 (Kneeland, Booker, G Murphy, Kamara)
CB...........9..........12 (Sainristil, Abrams-Draine, Carson, Newton)
S.............4...........6 (Hicks, Bishop, T Smith, J Williams)
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1932 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:14 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:Until Fields is traded, I'm going to keep thinking about all the things we could possibly get for the #1 pick this year. The video game player in me loves it too much.

Washington rejects this.

I didn't realize Adam Peters posts on this board.
_txchilibowl_
Starter

Post#1933 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:01 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Washington rejects this.

When you make up crazy trades it doesn't take Adam Peters to tell you they're crazy. Like you said... it's a video game trade.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1934 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:12 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Washington rejects this.

When you make up crazy trades it doesn't take Adam Peters to tell you they're crazy. Like you said... it's a video game trade.

Is Williams worth more than Young was worth last year? Is it more than the Panthers traded?
_txchilibowl_
Starter

Post#1935 » by _txchilibowl_ » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:45 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:I didn't realize Adam Peters posts on this board.

Is Williams worth more than Young was worth last year? Is it more than the Panthers traded?

Is moving up from #9 to #1 worth more than moving up from #2 to #1?

While Caleb Williams is obviously a more highly regarded prospect than Bryce Young, I think Drake Maye would have gone #1 overall last year and would be perfectly content selecting him at #2 this year, hanging on to our picks, and hanging on to our best offensive lineman.

I understand asking for the moon to trade #1. I just don't think Washington is the team that pays it.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#1936 » by heir_jordan22 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:58 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

While Caleb Williams is obviously a more highly regarded prospect than Bryce Young, I think Drake Maye would have gone #1 overall last year and would be perfectly content selecting him at #2 this year, hanging on to our picks, and hanging on to our best offensive lineman.

I understand asking for the moon to trade #1. I just don't think Washington is the team that pays it.

As i said in the orginal post that you quoted, 2 is worth more than 9, Cosmi is wroth significantly less than Moore. But sure that's fine if Washington is content with taking Maye.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,441

Post#1937 » by Susan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:03 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

The price that either the Bears have placed on the pick for Washington or the price that Washington is willing to pay for the pick through Rapsheet/Schefter is clearly 1 for 2, a 2nd this year and a 2025 1st.

What that dude posted is a lil high, sure.

Saw something yesterday that said Atlanta is into Drake Maye. A double trade back to 8 would net you 3 additional firsts, 2 or 3 second rounders and you'd be able to get a either the top DE/LT in the draft while also getting a top flight WR or Bowers.

The double trade back would be historic value.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,545

Post#1938 » by fleet » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:07 pm

Some light smoke around the socials about the Giants having made an offer for Fields.

Awkward
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,928

Post#1939 » by biggestbullsfan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Justin having probably his best passing game against Atlanta and then possibly getting traded there would be so ironic lol
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#1940 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls