Image ImageImage Image

LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Re: LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season 

Post#21 » by burlydee » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:22 pm

PistolP wrote:Pretty much no excuse not to blow it up now

Zach has been a net zero for the last two years. He doesn't matter.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#22 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:24 pm

Zach has two more years on his contract at 43 and 45 million. Then a player option for 48 million.

I can't imagine anyone being interested in him until at least next years trade deadline (at best).
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#23 » by FriedRise » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:26 pm

Man, what a tough season this has been for Zach.

Your teammates questioning your effort/leadership.
Your FO trying to trade you non-stop.
Then when you've finally had enough, you asked for a trade only to realize that no team in the league wants you outside of a salary dump.
Then you get injured a month into the season, out for 6-8 weeks.
Got healthy, tried to fit in and play the right way because your team is rolling, only to get injured again a few games later.
And now close to the deadline, realizing that the only realistic option everyone's talking about is about you ending up in f'n Detroit.
Season-ending injury, out 6-8 months.

I feel for the guy. He's been nothing but a pro in his time here in Chicago, but I feel like he just keeps getting put in impossible situations that aren't entirely his fault. Yeah we're terrible on defense and don't have a PG, so we need you to facilitate and play defense - and we're gonna severely judge you on that. Hey AK, how about you sign a real PG and a rim protector instead so your elite scorer can focus on you know, scoring at an elite level? No? Oh continuity, alright then.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#24 » by HomoSapien » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:28 pm

Dan Z wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:Lol I know it’s an injury but part of me feels like he’s using this to not get traded to Detroit lol

I can't help but wonder the same thing. I don't understand how we went from he'll be back in a week to season-ending surgery. This sort of thing seems to always happen to Bulls players.

I said this in a previous post: Sham's tweet says Zach consulted his agent (Klutch) before he decided to get surgery. It makes me think that he could've gutted this out and waited until the off season, but didn't want to. Why? Maybe it's to avoid a trade like one to Detroit? Or maybe he thinks that he'll recover, have a good off season and then show what he can do next year? Or maybe it's something else?

I don't think it's unusual that he'd consult them. They're his agents and are supposed to advocate for what's best for him. The Shams Tweet says the Bulls were part of this decision too. I think you are right though, he probably could've gutted it out but opted for the surgery in part to squash a trade to Detroit.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,445

Post#25 » by Muzbar » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:29 pm

60 million dollars of street clothes sitting on the bench.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#26 » by HomoSapien » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:30 pm

Dan Z wrote:Zach has two more years on his contract at 43 and 45 million. Then a player option for 48 million.

I can't imagine anyone being interested in him until at least next years trade deadline (at best).

So much money...

Very unlikely he'll be traded this season. Very unlikely he'll be traded in the off-season. Best shot now is the next off-season.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#27 » by aguifs » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:30 pm

Kevin Martin 2.0. Total bum!
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#28 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:31 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
I can't help but wonder the same thing. I don't understand how we went from he'll be back in a week to season-ending surgery. This sort of thing seems to always happen to Bulls players.

I said this in a previous post: Sham's tweet says Zach consulted his agent (Klutch) before he decided to get surgery. It makes me think that he could've gutted this out and waited until the off season, but didn't want to. Why? Maybe it's to avoid a trade like one to Detroit? Or maybe he thinks that he'll recover, have a good off season and then show what he can do next year? Or maybe it's something else?

I don't think it's unusual that he'd consult them. They're his agents and are supposed to advocate for what's best for him. The Shams Tweet says the Bulls were part of this decision too. I think you are right though, he probably could've gutted it out but opted for the surgery in part to squash a trade to Detroit.

It doesn't mean that a trade to Detroit won't be off the table next year, but it does mean that it'll be harder for the Bulls to trade him.

Will anyone offer them anything for him in the off season? I tend to think teams will need to see him play a bit more before making any deals.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#29 » by burlydee » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:32 pm

FriedRise wrote:Man, what a tough season this has been for Zach.

Then when you've finally had enough, you asked for a trade only to realize that no team in the league wants you outside of a salary dump.
Got healthy, tried to fit in and play the right way because your team is rolling, only to get injured again a few games later.
And now close to the deadline, realizing that the only realistic option everyone's talking about is about you ending up in f'n Detroit.

I feel for the guy. He's been nothing but a pro in his time here in Chicago, but I feel like he just keeps getting put in impossible situations that aren't entirely his fault. Yeah we're terrible on defense and don't have a PG, so we need you to facilitate and play defense - and we're gonna severely judge you on that. Hey AK, how about you sign a real PG and a rim protector instead so your elite scorer can focus on you know, scoring at an elite level? No? Oh continuity, alright then.

This is hilarious. Zach created this entire situation by asking for a trade and playing like ass. He's been disinterested, pouty, fended with coaches, not liked by teammates. He can put on his LA hat and Clutch sweater and sit his ass in LA. See you next year. Maybe.
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,990

Post#30 » by Bulliever2020 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:33 pm

Can't imagine any team even offering salary relief without seeing him play again for an extended period of time at a high level with that amount of money and years left on his contract, especially with his injury history.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#31 » by madvillian » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:34 pm

I don't want this to come off the wrong way but after reading he consulted with his agency: **** THIS GUY.

You're a loser Zach and you always will be. YOU PUT IN THE TRADE REQUEST AND NOW THAT IT ISN'T TO LA YOU'RE QUITTING ON THE TEAM! **** YOU.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#32 » by FriedRise » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:36 pm

Bulliever2020 wrote:Can't imagine any team even offering salary relief without seeing him play again for an extended period of time at a high level with that amount of money and years left on his contract, especially with his injury history.

Pretty much.

6-8mo will put us in October - so at or around training camp. He's gonna need some ramp-up time before he can regain his form. At the earliest, we're talking next year's trade deadline and that's if there's no setback and he can somehow play up to his normal levels.

Realistically, I think they'll have to do this in summer 2025 if they want to get actual value and not a salary dump.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#33 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:36 pm

I agree that he hasn't been in the best situations throughout his career, but I can't feel bad for him (especially when you take into account all the money he's making).

Did he do this to avoid a trade to Detroit? Maybe, but that doesn't mean a Detroit trade might still happen in a year. If he wants out he should be open to whatever the Bulls can do to make that happen. The ideal trade situation may not be there for him no matter what happens going forward.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#34 » by nekorajo » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:38 pm

E Robbery 2.0. Screw him and Klutch.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#35 » by HomoSapien » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:39 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Bulliever2020 wrote:Can't imagine any team even offering salary relief without seeing him play again for an extended period of time at a high level with that amount of money and years left on his contract, especially with his injury history.

Pretty much.

6-8mo will put us in October - so at or around training camp. He's gonna need some ramp-up time before he can regain his form. At the earliest, we're talking next year's trade deadline and that's if there's no setback and he can somehow play up to his normal levels.

Realistically, I think they'll have to do this in summer 2025 if they want to get actual value and not a salary dump.

They're saying 4-6 months.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#36 » by HomoSapien » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:40 pm

nekorajo wrote:E Robbery 2.0. Screw him and Klutch.

I don't think this take is very accurate. He played 77 games last year.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,509

Post#37 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:40 pm

Is this green font.......?
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,763

Post#38 » by metafisical » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:41 pm

WestsideResider wrote:That’s what they get for not trading him when they had the chance

If the Raptors can trade Siakim away when he is an expiring contract and with him publicly stating that he will not re-sign with any team if he is traded, then the Bulls can definitely trade LaVine, who holds value and has a few more seasons under contract.

Tbf, the Siakim return wasn't stellar, but we got something at least. The 9
return for the Bulls in a LaVine trade will be much better
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#39 » by HomoSapien » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:43 pm

madvillian wrote:I don't want this to come off the wrong way but after reading he consulted with his agency: **** THIS GUY.

You're a loser Zach and you always will be. YOU PUT IN THE TRADE REQUEST AND NOW THAT IT ISN'T TO LA YOU'RE QUITTING ON THE TEAM! **** YOU.

Again. They are his representatives. Every player consults with his agents before a surgery.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#40 » by Ctownbulls » Sat Feb 3, 2024 10:43 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:Lol I know it’s an injury but part of me feels like he’s using this to not get traded to Detroit lol

It is a little weird that it is coming from Klutch. Almost like it is better for him to get surgery as the excuse for not getting traded then show the world he really has now value around the league.

Return to Chicago Bulls