Image ImageImage Image

LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Re: LaVine getting foot surgery/Out for the season 

Post#61 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:15 pm

FriedRise wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Pretty much.

6-8mo will put us in October - so at or around training camp. He's gonna need some ramp-up time before he can regain his form. At the earliest, we're talking next year's trade deadline and that's if there's no setback and he can somehow play up to his normal levels.

Realistically, I think they'll have to do this in summer 2025 if they want to get actual value and not a salary dump.

They're saying 4-6 months.

Whoops, had the numbers "6-8" in my head for some reason. So he'll have a month or so before training camp starts.

I hope that month is enough time for him to shake off some rusty. It's possible that the Bulls start next year with a rusty Zach and super rusty Lonzo.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,308

Post#62 » by dumbell78 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:17 pm

I can't wait for the AKME to tell us all about the backcourt that could be and the potential of it all. This is that exit ramp desperately needed to give us yet another lame excuse for roster construction.

Zach is hurt and hope he recovers but this organization is horrendous.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,365

Post#63 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:17 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Wait a minute. So this has nothing to do with his rolled ankle. This was the foot that already healed?

This has Klutch written all over it.

Come on Zach. The dude has been a model professional his whole career. But ever since Klutch got their stinking fingers on him, he has been a Stepford wife for Klutch.

I aint the only one...

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#64 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:19 pm

Dan Z wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
They're saying 4-6 months.

Whoops, had the numbers "6-8" in my head for some reason. So he'll have a month or so before training camp starts.

I hope that month is enough time for him to shake off some rusty. It's possible that the Bulls start next year with a rusty Zach and super rusty Lonzo.

God help us all if they are both still in the line-up or even in consideration for being in the line-up on opening night.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#65 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:19 pm

60M or half the CAP in "Street Clothes". Wonderful.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,538

Post#66 » by fleet » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:22 pm

LateNight wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:I tend to believe the Bulls knew this was coming and that's why they haven't made any moves yet. Wait until the last day, see who is the most desperate and get what you can. The 3 year plan starts now.

I think you wave goodbye to DeRozan, Caruso and Carter, Vucevic if possible and start looking at next year.
Finish with Williams, White, Dosunmu, Drummond, Craig, Terry, Phillips, Taylor and some new guys. You hope for Lonzo, a healthy Zach and the draftee next year

I’m on board for trading everybody - not on board for playing Terry Taylor or hoping for Lonzo / Zach returning.

Maybe Lonzo, but I’m done with Zach

Too late actually, but. Bulls should hire real executives. Get Gordon Ramsey in the building to yell. Pay anything to dump everything. Tank for 3 years. If the United States is still here in 3 years, Bulls fans might have a future as well.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,563

Post#67 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:22 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:60M or half the CAP in "Street Clothes". Wonderful.

And they still won't listen to offers for DeMar or Caruso.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#68 » by MalagaBulls » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:23 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
FriedRise wrote:

God help us all if they are both still in the line-up or even in consideration for being in the line-up on opening night.
Perfect half-assed excuse for AK to just roll with the same stinking mess next year. We're just so F'd as a franchise from ownership to FO to roster.
Good thing I got Mbappe coming to Real Madrid next year.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Post#69 » by Wingy » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:24 pm

Andi Obst wrote:There's no chance you can trade Zach, there's no chance you're improving the team in a meaningful way. DeRozan is expiring, Caruso's value is at an all-time high.

Not trading DeMar and Caruso within the next couple of days would be insanely dumb. The will never do it, of course, but still. Can't wait for the excuses after the season.

The word doesn’t exist that can adequately describe how absurdly, insanely and impossibly bad their upcoming inaction is going to be. It’s completely unfathomable, but they are going to still do nothing of significance.
WestsideResider
Head Coach
And1: 3,092

Post#70 » by WestsideResider » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:32 pm

Since Lonzo went down every move this team has made(and not made) has been like watching a trainwreck happen in slow motion
I'm not here to argue.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 659

Post#71 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:34 pm

Tough. Lavine will be a Bull for the remainder of his contract.
ROLES & HOLES
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#72 » by HomoSapien » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=xOB22xGd85UcfRRu6zUm4w
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,538

Post#73 » by fleet » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:41 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:Tough. Lavine will be a Bull for the remainder of his contract.

The losingest NBA player of all time, dark cloud over Bulls forecast: Certain.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 978

Post#74 » by ScrantonBulls » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:42 pm

This may be me being irrational and emotional, but **** Klutch, **** Rich Paul and **** LeBron and his stupid pet-project. Klutch decided that he should need surgery bugs the hell out of me. This reminds me of the Derrick Rose saga where his agent and Reggie Rose did their own thing and didn't listen to the team. This feels like something he could have played through and gotten surgery later on. I wonder if a trade was in the works to a team he didn't like?

Again, probably irrational on my part. I dislike Klutch/Rich Paul more than Scott Boras now.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,102

Post#75 » by jordanwilliams6 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:45 pm

We need to dump Zach at all costs. Detroit might still be willing to take him for trash.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,742

Post#76 » by Dez » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:49 pm

madvillian wrote:I don't want this to come off the wrong way but after reading he consulted with his agency: **** THIS GUY.

You're a loser Zach and you always will be. YOU PUT IN THE TRADE REQUEST AND NOW THAT IT ISN'T TO LA YOU'RE QUITTING ON THE TEAM! **** YOU.

This is just a ridiculously silly and misguided post.

Players consult their agents on everything regarding their careers, that is literally their job.

He also didn't put in a trade request, the report was he was open to a trade but didn't request one.

This is just an irrational hissy fit of a post.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,308

Post#77 » by dumbell78 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:54 pm

WestsideResider wrote:Since Lonzo went down every move this team has made(and not made) has been like watching a trainwreck happen in slow motion

Insert Rose for an even broader understanding and explanation. This organization is inept.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Post#78 » by Wingy » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:02 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:This may be me being irrational and emotional, but **** Klutch, **** Rich Paul and **** LeBron and his stupid pet-project. Klutch decided that he should need surgery bugs the hell out of me. This reminds me of the Derrick Rose saga where his agent and Reggie Rose did their own thing and didn't listen to the team. This feels like something he could have played through and gotten surgery later on. I wonder if a trade was in the works to a team he didn't like?

Again, probably irrational on my part. I dislike Klutch/Rich Paul more than Scott Boras now.

Where is all this freaking out about Klutch coming from???

https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/zach-lavine-injury-update-6

“After seeking additional medical opinions, in consultation with the Chicago Bulls training and medical staff, guard Zach LaVine and Klutch Sports Group have elected surgery on LaVine’s right foot as the next step in his recovery process.”

Says nothing about Klutch deciding anything.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,919

Post#79 » by nomorezorro » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:06 am

imo this is genuinely preferable to giving him up for some of the trade packages that were being thrown around the past few weeks. as long as he recovers from the injury it's hard for me to imagine his trade value getting much lower than "salary filler + the worst team in the league's sixth-best prospect" or whatever people were floating from detroit
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#80 » by Hangtime84 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 12:07 am

FriedRise wrote:Man, what a tough season this has been for Zach.

Your teammates questioning your effort/leadership.
Your FO trying to trade you non-stop.
Then when you've finally had enough, you asked for a trade only to realize that no team in the league wants you outside of a salary dump.
Then you get injured a month into the season, out for 6-8 weeks.
Got healthy, tried to fit in and play the right way because your team is rolling, only to get injured again a few games later.
And now close to the deadline, realizing that the only realistic option everyone's talking about is about you ending up in f'n Detroit.
Season-ending injury, out 6-8 months.

I feel for the guy. He's been nothing but a pro in his time here in Chicago, but I feel like he just keeps getting put in impossible situations that aren't entirely his fault. Yeah we're terrible on defense and don't have a PG, so we need you to facilitate and play defense - and we're gonna severely judge you on that. Hey AK, how about you sign a real PG and a rim protector instead so your elite scorer can focus on you know, scoring at an elite level? No? Oh continuity, alright then.

You also forgot to mention Zach gave one the strongest IDAF memes of the year

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1729762222535008403%7Ctwgr%5E281126ff5be9d38da0e08494d2206feaeed8a51f%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-9974437942441871259.ampproject.net%2F2401191523000%2Fframe.html
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to Chicago Bulls