Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls battle, but come up short

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,266

PG: Bulls battle, but come up short 

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:28 am

Everyone but Billy sees that we need to go to Coby more in close games.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,510

Re: PG: Bulls battle, but come up short 

Post#2 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:29 am

Yeah i dont care about putting up a good fight anymore. This team is played out and I am sick of Demar, vuc, Billy etc
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#3 » by aguifs » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:30 am

We suck
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,816

Post#4 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:31 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Yeah i dont care about putting up a good fight anymore. This team is played out and I am sick of Demar, vuc, Billy etc

Exactly. Who gives a damn about moral victories at this point?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,374

Post#5 » by kodo » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:32 am

There's such a double standard of Billy saying Lavine has to fit in by making fast decisions, either shoot the ball or pass it but don't have it stick in his hands, and then having Derozan walk the ball up and not even looking at another Bulls uniform or trying to run a play and just hoisting shot after shot.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#6 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:32 am

I posted before that I think we need to trade derozan for the sake of coby taking that next step. As long as derozan is around coby will lean on him. I'm hoping we can add a young piece or a vet that knows to take a back seat role so coby can take the reigns. I'm sick of seeing derozan taking most the shots down the stretch.

Glad we fought back but we going back to that team that can't close the deal when I thought we were over that hump. We can't keep dropping winnable games especially vs good teams.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#7 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:34 am

AKME might actually be worse than GarPax. We may have lucked into some stars by now if they were still here by keeping our draft picks. We are in NBA Hell forever with these two. That’s actually considered successful to them.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,729

Post#8 » by madvillian » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:35 am

I've lost all my enthusiasm. Watched a few minutes early and turned it off. Make a trade, please. Just for interest.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#9 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:35 am

kodo wrote:There's such a double standard of Billy saying Lavine has to fit in by making fast decisions, either shoot the ball or pass it but don't have it stick in his hands, and then having Derozan walk the ball up and not even looking at another Bulls uniform or trying to run a play and just hoisting shot after shot.

It’s OK for DeRozan to freelance whenever he feels like it. For some reason.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,927

Post#10 » by RSP83 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:39 am

The dumb turnovers under 2 minutes was disturbing. But this game was a loss from the beginning.

I think Coby is still having a bit of impostor syndrome. He's not comfortable (or don't know how) to be commanding. Look at De'Aaron Fox, that guy is burning with confidence and make everybody on the floor know that he means business. Coby is still "too nice". He needs to be commanding.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#11 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:40 am

madvillian wrote:I've lost all my enthusiasm. Watched a few minutes early and turned it off. Make a trade, please. Just for interest.

I stopped watching again few weeks ago. I saw this coming. I just follow the gamecast casually now.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,242

Post#12 » by Red8911 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:41 am

Bulls came back from a 30 pt deficit they played well on both ends fought hard but just couldn’t finish. Fox hit some key shots late to beat the bulls.

It’s a shame they lost and it’s a game the bulls should have had at home but at least we saw some entertaining basketball and didn’t fold after being down 30. On to the next.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#13 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:42 am

RSP83 wrote:The dumb turnovers under 2 minutes was disturbing. But this game was a loss from the beginning.

I think Coby is still having a bit of impostor syndrome. He's not comfortable (or don't know how) to be commanding. Look at De'Aaron Fox, that guy is burning with confidence and make everybody on the floor know that he means business. Coby is still "too nice". He needs to be commanding.

Fox doesn’t have to defer to anyone. It’s clearly his team and has been for years. They even chose him over Haliburton. That does a lot for your confidence.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#14 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:42 am

RSP83 wrote:The dumb turnovers under 2 minutes was disturbing. But this game was a loss from the beginning.

This is his first year with actual keys though. This is the pre ascension time period. Next year of fully Coby and team embracing and building with it, thats when you will hear real allstar buzz.

If he finishes the season avg 20/5/5 he is well on his way.
The Cult of Personality
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,740

Post#15 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:45 am

I only caught the game halfway in the 4th, but Julian Phillips with 5 fouls in 13 minutes? how many resulted in free throws?

Pretty even across the board it seems via box score. Kings with a few more made threes, and better decisions late.

Bulls have zero reliable scoring off the bench. Guessing TC will be starting soon in place of AC or Ayo for more forward size.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,242

Post#16 » by Red8911 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:46 am

kodo wrote:There's such a double standard of Billy saying Lavine has to fit in by making fast decisions, either shoot the ball or pass it but don't have it stick in his hands, and then having Derozan walk the ball up and not even looking at another Bulls uniform or trying to run a play and just hoisting shot after shot.

Coby took 18 shots
Vucevic took 18 shots
Demar took 14 shots

You guys just make stuff up about Demar just to hate on him. He even had 6 assists. What’s the problem ? Is Demar not allowed to take shots anymore ?

Also when Coby dribble dribbles to go through people to score isn’t an issue ? That’s not “moving the ball”. I’m not complaining about that because at times the more talented players need to do that to score. It’s only a problem though if Derozan does it.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 1,053

Post#17 » by ScrantonBulls » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:48 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:Yeah i dont care about putting up a good fight anymore. This team is played out and I am sick of Demar, vuc, Billy etc

Guru
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 1,053

Post#18 » by ScrantonBulls » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:50 am

Caruso likely out a couple games. This should be his last game in the Bulls uniform. He will be wheelchair-bound by the end of his contract with how he plays. He needs to go while he has value.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,374

Post#19 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:50 am

Red8911 wrote:

Coby took 18 shots
Vucevic took 18 shots
Demar took 14 shots

You guys just make stuff up about Demar just to hate on him. He even had 6 assists. What’s the problem ? Is Demar not allowed to take shots anymore ?

Its not the first 3 quarters people complain about. Its the 4th quarter where he generally just has tunnel vision. In traffic, in 2 people's faces, it doesn't matter.

Now there is a time and place for it some games. But it shouldn't be an automatic every time. Look at Fox. Even when he has the ball, you never feel he is going to take the shot no matter what. That is what everyone knows Demar will do.
The Cult of Personality
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,779

Post#20 » by Dez » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:53 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

I'm certain I've read posts from you stating you didn't care about winning championships and didn’t want to watch a tanking team.

Return to Chicago Bulls