Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Trade Rumors Only

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,391

Re: Bulls Trade Rumors Only 

Post#1001 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:28 pm

MGB8 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Why aren’t players asking to be traded to Denver, Utah or Toronto then?

Uhh, Salt Lake City is not a cold climate I'm not sure why that's on the list here.

Why do players want to go to Boston (just as cold as Chicago) or NY (5 degrees warmer than Chicago in the winter)?

Having lived in both, NY city winters are nothing compared to Chicago winters. Plus, NYC has a fall that lasts more than 2 weeks.

I loved living in Chicago… but the winters were brutal, and I grew up near Buffalo…. A bit more snow in Western NY, and less sun. But that Chicago wind and biting, biting cold…

I'm not sure when you lived in Chicago but there's only been like one cold week all winter so far. It's been in the 50's all week.

The dreaded Chicago winters might be a thing of the past.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,681

Post#1002 » by sco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:56 pm

drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
Uhh, Salt Lake City is not a cold climate I'm not sure why that's on the list here.

Why do players want to go to Boston (just as cold as Chicago) or NY (5 degrees warmer than Chicago in the winter)?

Having lived in both, NY city winters are nothing compared to Chicago winters. Plus, NYC has a fall that lasts more than 2 weeks.

I loved living in Chicago… but the winters were brutal, and I grew up near Buffalo…. A bit more snow in Western NY, and less sun. But that Chicago wind and biting, biting cold…

I'm not sure when you lived in Chicago but there's only been like one cold week all winter so far. It's been in the 50's all week.

Yeah - global warming...Chicago will be the new South Carolina
:clap:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,754

Post#1003 » by DuckIII » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:05 pm

drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Global warming might save the franchise.

EDIT: damnit, sco.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#1004 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:13 pm

DuckIII wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

Global warming might save the franchise.

EDIT: damnit, sco.

Can't sign with Miami if it's underwater
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#1005 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:46 pm

drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

I've lived in NY and Chicago. Chicago winters are bad at times, but it's overblown. NY gets bad weather too.

But that's besides the point. Players aren't going to NY for the weather. It's other stuff the city has to offer.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#1006 » by MGB8 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:52 pm

drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

1999-2002 or so. I thought that I knew cold moving from Western NY. I was wrong.

And I wouldn’t bet on that kind of cold being a thing of the past, either. I’ve been around long enough to see sets of warm/short winters (and/or cool summers) followed by years of cold winters (and/or hot summers), and back again. Maybe I just got hit with an unlucky stretch in Chicago, but given those outdoor radiant heaters that were installed all over the place, I think it was more par for the course.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#1007 » by SfBull » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:52 pm

DuckIII wrote:
MikeDC wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
I feel the need to reiterate this: we have zero evidence that ownership is driving this madness.

Whenever i see someone take an absolute stance like this (zero evidence), it’s evident to me that they are arguing a weak position.

There’s absolutely evidence. Of course ownership is driving the strategy and overall goals. That is literally what ownership does. This particular ownership has a long history of establishing the direction and strategy of the team.

Agree that it doesn’t absolve anyone of anything, but c’mon.

Oof. Bad timing I guess that AK said yesterday he has the green light from ownership to tear it down but just doesn’t want to.

Good .Maybe a losing streak losing the 1st Play in game can force his hand on tearing it down.
MGB8
RealGM

Post#1008 » by MGB8 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:55 pm

Dan Z wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

I've lived in NY and Chicago. Chicago winters are bad at times, but it's overblown. NY gets bad weather too.

But that's besides the point. Players aren't going to NY for the weather. It's other stuff the city has to offer.

Man, that doesn’t jive with my memory. Maybe because I was young and downtown and had to walk a lot… but those winters were no joke. Parts of Lake Michigan - basically a small sea - frozen over close to the shoreline! Now, the summers and spring were absolutely awesome (though it also got plenty hot, too).

The only place I had been for any extended amount of time at that point that got that cold for more than a one-off was Toronto. Chicago was Toronto cold, but with more wind. I wasn’t prepared.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,102

Post#1009 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:02 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:I'm looking at the FA market in the summer and DeRozan saying he would resign if the offer is good enough. Then I see maybe Miles Bridges being out there to be had. Yeah Bridges has off the court issues to finalize but I see Ayo, Coby and Pat all deferring to Demar a lot. I absolutely hate seeing DeRozan bringing the ball up late in the quarters or games for the iso you see coming when the offense has been run well all game with Coby bringing the ball up. "Leadership" aside, or if I say "selfishness" if I'm spending close to the same amount of money I'd rather have Bridges at his age than DeRozan at enough for him to want to take.

We don’t have cap space to sign anything but our own current players. And that’s only because of birds rights.

We can have cap space if we make room. A Zach deal could be explored and Lonzo might be moveable if he’s a chance at returning with only one year left on his deal. I’d imagine you can keep Demar for a similar value contract.

Coby & Ayo on excellent contracts does open things up a little bit.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1010 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:38 pm

MGB8 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

1999-2002 or so. I thought that I knew cold moving from Western NY. I was wrong.

And I wouldn’t bet on that kind of cold being a thing of the past, either. I’ve been around long enough to see sets of warm/short winters (and/or cool summers) followed by years of cold winters (and/or hot summers), and back again. Maybe I just got hit with an unlucky stretch in Chicago, but given those outdoor radiant heaters that were installed all over the place, I think it was more par for the course.

You were near the lake front? It's always going to be colder there, but that's not the only area of Chicago. I do think it gets cold here, but it's not like Antarctica or anything like that.

NY has it's harsh winters too.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1011 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:43 pm

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:I'm looking at the FA market in the summer and DeRozan saying he would resign if the offer is good enough. Then I see maybe Miles Bridges being out there to be had. Yeah Bridges has off the court issues to finalize but I see Ayo, Coby and Pat all deferring to Demar a lot. I absolutely hate seeing DeRozan bringing the ball up late in the quarters or games for the iso you see coming when the offense has been run well all game with Coby bringing the ball up. "Leadership" aside, or if I say "selfishness" if I'm spending close to the same amount of money I'd rather have Bridges at his age than DeRozan at enough for him to want to take.

We don’t have cap space to sign anything but our own current players. And that’s only because of birds rights.

We can have cap space if we make room. A Zach deal could be explored and Lonzo might be moveable if he’s a chance at returning with only one year left on his deal. I’d imagine you can keep Demar for a similar value contract.

Coby & Ayo on excellent contracts does open things up a little bit.

I'd be surprised if any of those things happen. Most likely Zach needs to show that he's healthy and can play at a high level before someone trades for him. Same with Lonzo.

If they were able to move those contracts you think they should go after Miles Bridges? I'm not sure if Reinsdorf would sign off on that given Bridges off court stuff. Any other FA's you think the team should look at?
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#1012 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:49 pm

Dan Z wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

You were near the lake front? It's always going to be colder there, but that's not the only area of Chicago. I do think it gets cold here, but it's not like Antarctica or anything like that.

Not to overly turn this into a weather thread, but in the winters it's warmer the closer you are to the lake, and in the summer it's cooler the closer you are to the lake.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk
MGB8
RealGM

Post#1013 » by MGB8 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:26 am

Dan Z wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

Yup. Lake Shore Dr, then up north on Sheridan. NYC can be cold, and there was the blizzard with Bloomie, but it’s not “you need heat lamps everywhere” cold. And that whole section in Chicago where you can go between buildings underground (kinda like Montreal, but more office-y, if I remember right). NYC gets cold, occasionally a it bitter… but not “feel it in your bones”, at least not for any long stretches. Boston is like that, too, maybe a touch colder. Philly a touch warmer. Chicago was a different beast.

Great city… heck, if there is truly some major climactic shift and Chitown’s climate stays more like Philly or DC than what it was, best damned city in the US to live in / near downtown (without being super rich). So much space in apartments and on streets as compared to east coast.

Anyway, thanks for letting me go on and on about 20+ years ago… lol.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#1014 » by Guru » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:34 am

Listened to a lot of angry podcasts on my walk. I don't get it. People are frustrated we didn't do anything. But there aren't any specifics.

From what I can tell they would have traded Caruso for Kaminga but the Warriors wanted picks back?
They would have probably done the Lavine trade to the Pistons and were still going after Bojan even after LaVine went down.

Deals didn't materialize.

Bad deals are worse than stagnation.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1015 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:10 am

MGB8 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

Yup. Lake Shore Dr, then up north on Sheridan. NYC can be cold, and there was the blizzard with Bloomie, but it’s not “you need heat lamps everywhere” cold. And that whole section in Chicago where you can go between buildings underground (kinda like Montreal, but more office-y, if I remember right). NYC gets cold, occasionally a it bitter… but not “feel it in your bones”, at least not for any long stretches. Boston is like that, too, maybe a touch colder. Philly a touch warmer. Chicago was a different beast.

Great city… heck, if there is truly some major climactic shift and Chitown’s climate stays more like Philly or DC than what it was, best damned city in the US to live in / near downtown (without being super rich). So much space in apartments and on streets as compared to east coast.

Anyway, thanks for letting me go on and on about 20+ years ago… lol.

No problem...I'm happy to talk about cities. I used to live in NY for years and in many ways I miss it (but not everything about it. ha!).

When it comes to athletes picking a city I think they too often listen to the narrative about Chicago. It can be a good place to live and if you succeed here the skies the limit (just look at Jordan).
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1016 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:16 am

Guru wrote:Listened to a lot of angry podcasts on my walk. I don't get it. People are frustrated we didn't do anything. But there aren't any specifics.

From what I can tell they would have traded Caruso for Kaminga but the Warriors wanted picks back?
They would have probably done the Lavine trade to the Pistons and were still going after Bojan even after LaVine went down.

Kuminga might not have seriously been on the table. As for Zach I bet any trade talks with him ended once he announced that he's getting surgery.

People are disappointed or frustrated with the Bulls because the current direction isn't working. The team is in 9th place and will probably have a similar record to last year (when the team finished in 10th place). DDR and Vucevic are getting older, Caruso has only one year left on his deal and these players will be looking for contract extensions: DDR, Drummond, and Patrick Williams.

I know you like what the team is doing, but I'm just point out why people are disappointed.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#1017 » by Guru » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:51 am

Dan Z wrote:
Guru wrote:Listened to a lot of angry podcasts on my walk. I don't get it. People are frustrated we didn't do anything. But there aren't any specifics.

Kuminga might not have seriously been on the table. As for Zach I bet any trade talks with him ended once he announced that he's getting surgery.

People are disappointed or frustrated with the Bulls because the current direction isn't working. The team is in 9th place and will probably have a similar record to last year (when the team finished in 10th place). DDR and Vucevic are getting older, Caruso has only one year left on his deal and these players will be looking for contract extensions: DDR, Drummond, and Patrick Williams.

I know you like what the team is doing, but I'm just point out why people are disappointed.

I would have traded Drummond but not for 2nds. I would have traded DDR.

But I think Drummond is great for this team and DDR is great and from my limited understanding of the cap once you lose the money targeted for DDR its just gone.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#1018 » by Dan Z » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:21 am

Guru wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I would have traded Drummond but not for 2nds. I would have traded DDR.

But I think Drummond is great for this team and DDR is great and from my limited understanding of the cap once you lose the money targeted for DDR its just gone.

I wouldn't trade Drummond for 2nds either. I think you do what HomoSapien suggested...talk to Drummond and get a sense about what he wants to do next year. If he wants to stay and it seems like he'll sign a reasonable deal then you don't trade him. But if not you shop him around.

That's all moot now.

As for DDR I don't know a lot about the cap, but you're right. If he leaves the Bulls don't suddenly get a chunk of cap money to spend.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#1019 » by Red8911 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:59 am

Glad that Demar and AC didnt get traded. They both have been awesome here. Demar has earned a new extension and both sides seem to want the same thing but hopefully Demar takes a bit of a pay cut mostly because of his age.

I was only disappointed that Zach and Lonzo are still on the roster. AK waited too damn long and then at the end failed to trade Zach.He should have taken care of this immediately after Zach made it known that he wants out and should have stopped playing him to avoid injury.He handled this totally wrong. I really wonder what he turned down while looking for a “great” deal.

On Drummond I didn’t mind if he got moved but also glad they didn’t do something stpd like leave this team with one center. He has been playing on a different level this season so better off that he stayed.

I’m also cool with AK wanting to compete, I agree with him. Despite the pressure from a few fans,media and other teams to sell everyone he stuck to his plan and said fk you all! Have to respect that but also he should have made some type of move to improve the roster, I’m sure there was something he could have done.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#1020 » by SfBull » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:31 pm

A package with DeMar and Pat (both with expiring contracts) could have brought us a younger player and maybe a FRP next draft.There were alternatives,AK apparently didn't want to explore them.
We'll run the same **** again next season with DDR and PW with newer and more expensive contracts.
We're screwed.

Return to Chicago Bulls