Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Trade Rumors Only

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Re: Bulls Trade Rumors Only 

Post#981 » by Stratmaster » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:13 am

Dan Z wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Dan Z wrote:I have a question for the board:

If Coby didn't improve and the Bulls record was similar to the Hornets (10-40) would AKME move in a new direction? Or would they decide not to for whatever reason?
Even if Coby didn't improve the Bulls would have never been 10-40. But sure. In that unrealistic scenario they would have moved on.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

Unrealistic? Coby has increased his scoring by 10 points a game and has become one of the best players on the team (if not the best).

If he doesn't improve and is back to scoring 9.7 a game, and Zach is out for the season, what do you think their record would be?
Coby is scoring more because of higher usage. Not because he suddenly became all-nba. If Zach were healthy, he would be putting up 20 per game plus. There is no universe in which Coby White is responsible for 14 more wins in a 50 game stretch.

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#982 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:20 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Even if Coby didn't improve the Bulls would have never been 10-40. But sure. In that unrealistic scenario they would have moved on.

Unrealistic? Coby has increased his scoring by 10 points a game and has become one of the best players on the team (if not the best).

If he doesn't improve and is back to scoring 9.7 a game, and Zach is out for the season, what do you think their record would be?
Coby is scoring more because of higher usage. Not because he suddenly became all-nba. If Zach were healthy, he would be putting up 20 per game plus. There is no universe in which Coby White is responsible for 14 more wins in a 50 game stretch.

I'm saying Zach would still out for the year.

No Zach, PW is currently out and if Coby is Coby of last year then the team would be even worse. Okay, so they're not 10-40, but that's not my point. My point is that the team easily could be even worse right now and I asked the question to see how bad they'd have to be before AK made a move.

In the scenario I said above what record to you think they'd current have?

Also, you're giving Coby no credit. He's improve more than just getting a higher usage. His FG% last year was .443. This year it's .465. His three point last year was .372. This year it's .399. Plus his ball handling and passing has been better too.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,445

Post#983 » by Muzbar » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:55 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:You just mentioned 3 things again my friend. And it isn't a guarantee if you say "I guarantee A... but if not I guarantee B". It is impossible for both a and b to happen. You can't guarantee both. Which one are you guaranteeing?

Please tell me these 3 things, so I can understand why you are confused.

If a player has a guaranteed contract with bonuses tied into if they reach a certain goal and they reach that goal, are they guaranteed to get both the contract they are already owed plus their bonus?

It's 2 separate guarantees.

I'll dumb it down, I guarantee that IF the Bulls make the playoffs (whether that be by making the play-in and winning or by nabbing the 6th seed), they won't make the 2nd round.

Is that better?
Nice try lol. You sure are dumbing it down. So let me ask you the question point blank.

Are you guaranteeing the Bulls will miss the play-in?

Are you guaranteeing that if they make the play-in, they will miss the playoffs?

Are you guaranteeing that if they make the playoffs they will get blown out?

You can only guarantee one of the 3. Because if any one of those 3 are true, the other 2 can't be.

Better yet, quit while you are behind.

Are you asking me a question or 3?

I never made a guarantee that they wouldn't make the play-in, where did that come from?

I guarantee if they make the play-in they will indeed miss the playoffs by losing whatever game they need to win.

If by chance they do make the playoffs, obviously this guarantee is contingent on my first guarantee being a dud, I'm willing to admit that, but they will then get bounced in the first round (if that's what you mean by blown out).

Let's make it a bit simpler.

I guarantee that the Bulls will either lose in the play-in or be knocked out 1st round? I feel the former is more likely.

Once I'm behind, I'll contemplate your suggestion.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#984 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:58 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

If you've read any of my posts today I clearly disagree with that notion.

You haven’t explained how continuing to be mediocre will lead to greater success. We aren’t the Miami Heat and we never will be. I already explained how what works for them won’t work for us.

I disagree. Weather and location are a factor but nobody is rushing to play for the Orlando Magic. The Heat continue to succeed because of their organizational philosiphophies. I believe that can be replicated. That is how we turn this around.

Why aren’t players asking to be traded to Denver, Utah or Toronto then?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#985 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:00 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

I disagree. Weather and location are a factor but nobody is rushing to play for the Orlando Magic. The Heat continue to succeed because of their organizational philosiphophies. I believe that can be replicated. That is how we turn this around.

Orlando and Miami are two different places. Players aren't demanding to go to Orlando so they can go to DisneyWorld, but they will demand to go to Miami be be near the beaches and nightlife.

Fair enough. I think Chicago has a lot to offer an athlete. With the right organization I think plenty of players would want to play there.

This clearly isn’t the right organization. I think it would require a change of ownership. I wish some tech billionaire would buy this team.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#986 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:03 am

Dan Z wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Orlando and Miami are two different places. Players aren't demanding to go to Orlando so they can go to DisneyWorld, but they will demand to go to Miami be be near the beaches and nightlife.

Fair enough. I think Chicago has a lot to offer an athlete. With the right organization I think plenty of players would want to play there.

I like Chicago and think it's underrated. But I think many people just see the surface and look at it as too cold to live here.

That’s why we have to develop our stars. Might as well think of ourselves like Milwaukee or Indiana as painful as that might be to accept.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Post#987 » by Red8911 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:06 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Yeah being happy with 50+ win team is lot different than being happy with a 40 win team.

The current team might not even get to 40 wins. Right now they're currently 25-27. Thirty more games to go. They need to play .500 or better to reach 40. It's possible.

They've been playing a lot better than that for quite a stretch now. I think the odds are pretty good they hit 40.

If they hadn’t started off the season so terribly the record would have looked a lot different and they would have been higher in the standings now.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,463

Post#988 » by jnrjr79 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:24 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
You haven’t explained how continuing to be mediocre will lead to greater success. We aren’t the Miami Heat and we never will be. I already explained how what works for them won’t work for us.

Uhh, Salt Lake City is not a cold climate I'm not sure why that's on the list here.

Why do players want to go to Boston (just as cold as Chicago) or NY (5 degrees warmer than Chicago in the winter)?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#989 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:50 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Uhh, Salt Lake City is not a cold climate I'm not sure why that's on the list here.

Why do players want to go to Boston (just as cold as Chicago) or NY (5 degrees warmer than Chicago in the winter)?

Boston is not a star Destination. They drafted both Tatum and Brown. They drafted Paul Pierce. They traded for KG and Ray Allen at the end of their primes. And then smartly traded them massive assets to quickly build their next contender. They are just a significantly better run franchise than the Bulls. Celtics are what Bulls could be if run competently.

New York hasn’t attracted anyone but Carmelo Anthony. That might change if they keep winning like this. It wouldn’t change if they were just constantly fighting for the play-in.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#990 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:53 am

jnrjr79 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

I wasn’t listing cold cities. I was listing cities that young rich athletes and other celebrities aren’t choosing to live in. Like Chicago.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#991 » by SfBull » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:48 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's it .
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#992 » by SfBull » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:59 am

Dan Z wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
If you think the draft is not a good way to find top talent, and no star is going to ask to be traded here, then how do you expect the Bulls to get a player like that?

Yes, the Bulls haven't drafted many elite players in franchise history (most teams haven't), but they have drafted very good players such as Butler, Markkanen, Noah, Deng, etc.

The Noah/Deng teams didn't win a championships, but they made the playoffs and competed. I'd be okay with that if the current Bulls were similar.

Yeah being happy with 50+ win team is lot different than being happy with a 40 win team.

The current team might not even get to 40 wins. Right now they're currently 25-27. Thirty more games to go. They need to play .500 or better to reach 40. It's possible.

And they'd need finishing 25-5 for winning 50 games.Impossible.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#993 » by SfBull » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:10 am

Dan Z wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

They've been playing a lot better than that for quite a stretch now. I think the odds are pretty good they hit 40.

The schedule going forward is suppose to be difficult, but I did say it's possible.

I also don't think 40 wins is all that exciting. Last year the Bulls were 40-42 and finished in 10th place.

Most likely 40 wins losing on the 1st or 2nd Play in games.
After that AK will talk about how happy he is with Coby and Ayo,from plans of giving PW a big contract and about extending DeMar .And of course he'll talk about Ball's returning next season.
Just continuity.The sad thing is that a losing one.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,393

Post#994 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:27 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's it - you've convinced me. We should fire the guys that traded Jimmy.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#995 » by ChettheJet » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:02 pm

I'm looking at the FA market in the summer and DeRozan saying he would resign if the offer is good enough. Then I see maybe Miles Bridges being out there to be had. Yeah Bridges has off the court issues to finalize but I see Ayo, Coby and Pat all deferring to Demar a lot. I absolutely hate seeing DeRozan bringing the ball up late in the quarters or games for the iso you see coming when the offense has been run well all game with Coby bringing the ball up. "Leadership" aside, or if I say "selfishness" if I'm spending close to the same amount of money I'd rather have Bridges at his age than DeRozan at enough for him to want to take.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,755

Post#996 » by DuckIII » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:14 pm

MikeDC wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Chi town wrote:Yes JR is asking for this.

I feel the need to reiterate this: we have zero evidence that ownership is driving this madness.

Whenever i see someone take an absolute stance like this (zero evidence), it’s evident to me that they are arguing a weak position.

There’s absolutely evidence. Of course ownership is driving the strategy and overall goals. That is literally what ownership does. This particular ownership has a long history of establishing the direction and strategy of the team.

Agree that it doesn’t absolve anyone of anything, but c’mon.

Oof. Bad timing I guess that AK said yesterday he has the green light from ownership to tear it down but just doesn’t want to.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
MikeDC
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#997 » by MikeDC » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:22 pm

DuckIII wrote:
MikeDC wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
I feel the need to reiterate this: we have zero evidence that ownership is driving this madness.

Whenever i see someone take an absolute stance like this (zero evidence), it’s evident to me that they are arguing a weak position.

There’s absolutely evidence. Of course ownership is driving the strategy and overall goals. That is literally what ownership does. This particular ownership has a long history of establishing the direction and strategy of the team.

Oof. Bad timing I guess that AK said yesterday he has the green light from ownership to tear it down but just doesn’t want to.

Well, now there's evidence! :lol:

Seriously though, I take that admission as the best news to come out of a bad day. Ownership does drive strategy and overall goals. So when ownership is giving a hint and management isn't taking it, it's suggesting that they see things differently.

Management usually doesn't get fired immediately in these situations (though in this case they should). Ownership (the board of directors, etc) might give them some leeway to execute their strategy. But it's a sign they're paying more attention and it's not just business as usual.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#998 » by MGB8 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:27 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Having lived in both, NY city winters are nothing compared to Chicago winters. Plus, NYC has a fall that lasts more than 2 weeks.

I loved living in Chicago… but the winters were brutal, and I grew up near Buffalo…. A bit more snow in Western NY, and less sun. But that Chicago wind and biting, biting cold…
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,755

Post#999 » by DuckIII » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:27 pm

MikeDC wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
MikeDC wrote:

Well, now there's evidence! :lol:

Seriously though, I take that admission as the best news to come out of a bad day. Ownership does drive strategy and overall goals. So when ownership is giving a hint and management isn't taking it, it's suggesting that they see things differently.

Management usually doesn't get fired immediately in these situations (though in this case they should). Ownership (the board of directors, etc) might give them some leeway to execute their strategy. But it's a sign they're paying more attention and it's not just business as usual.

I agree with this. In the other thread I started this morning, I note that my hope is this is evidence of the FO giving him enough rope to hang himself.

Hopefully this is a sign it’s sink or swim time for AKME.

Unfortunately we don’t really know how ownership defines whether one is sinking or swimming.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#1000 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:48 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I'm looking at the FA market in the summer and DeRozan saying he would resign if the offer is good enough. Then I see maybe Miles Bridges being out there to be had. Yeah Bridges has off the court issues to finalize but I see Ayo, Coby and Pat all deferring to Demar a lot. I absolutely hate seeing DeRozan bringing the ball up late in the quarters or games for the iso you see coming when the offense has been run well all game with Coby bringing the ball up. "Leadership" aside, or if I say "selfishness" if I'm spending close to the same amount of money I'd rather have Bridges at his age than DeRozan at enough for him to want to take.

We don’t have cap space to sign anything but our own current players. And that’s only because of birds rights.

Return to Chicago Bulls