Image ImageImage Image

PG - David Robinson and Tim Duncan deliver

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Re: PG - David Robinson and Tim Duncan deliver 

Post#21 » by Charlesareed » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:03 am

What’s sad is I think the bulls have to keep demar because Zach can’t do what he does and his bbiq is in the toilet what a shame tho
Chicago Raised me
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 977

Post#22 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:05 am

RastaBull wrote:”D-D-R … Needs To Go”

How dare he score 10 points and a big assist in yet another overtime win!!!

It’s quite humorous how often people get furious over him being THE closer on this team … a team that is now 15-12 in clutch games and 5-2 in overtime’s (the most played in NBA). It’s almost like clutch games are, empirically at least, one of the few certifiable strengths of this team.

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby like DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.

The thought of DDR returning makes me puke. We already know that it hasn't worked out. WHY would it work at as he gets older? It's just a garbage move. Were really running back Vuc-Zach-DDR again? The sad part is I can see AKME doing it.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,347

Post#23 » by Mk0 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:05 am

Minny's studio team: "Coby White shooting a foot behind the 3pt line after that first half!? We defended it as good as you can out there"
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#24 » by GoBlue72391 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:05 am

Caruso's statline is actually nuts: 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks...only 3 points. The Dennis Rodman of guards.
yifsuibfe1
Rookie
And1: 671

Post#25 » by yifsuibfe1 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:06 am

Worst case scenario for Thursday
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,914

Post#26 » by jc23 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:07 am

Id rather have Craig over Pat or Zach right now. He does a better job as a 3nD guy then Pat while also bringing more energy and he has a higher bbiq then Zach and is more consistent.

hope his ankle heals fast.
Be curious, Not judgmental
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,468

Post#27 » by ImSlower » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:08 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:Caruso's statline is actually nuts: 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks...only 3 points. The Dennis Rodman of guards.

And a game-high +19 !
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#28 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:08 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Drummond for 3 first round picks, nothing less!

We need him for the potential play-in game!
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#29 » by Stratmaster » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:08 am

It’s quite humorous how often people get furious over him being THE closer on this team … a team that is now 15-12 in clutch games and 5-2 in overtime’s (the most played in NBA). It’s almost like clutch games are, empirically at least, one of the few certifiable strengths of this team.

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby likes DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.
Just want to clarify. I wanted Demar to go. It had nothing to do with him not being a good player, and I think a majority of those who have advocated that trade over the last year felt the same way.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#30 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:09 am

First off great win. Guys getting called bums, they went down 30 to the kings and came back, went down 20 to the wolves and came back and got the win. That is not bums. That is a team that fights and I can appreciate that.

I don't want to get caught up in making trades just to make them. I want deals that actually improve us and possibly gets us some assets. If it can't do that then not doing something might be the better move
That's better than moving guys possibly adding salary and getting worst players than we already have. As I said in the game thread at least these group of guys I actually like mediocre or not. What I don't want is a bunch of useless guys running around who I can't stand to even see on the court. I can appreciate a squad that fights and competes.

Look there is no path to being a title contender right now. Tanking doesn't help because there is no franchise changing guy coming in the draft. And because of the penalties trying to buy a ring is done as well. So I have to settle for the 2nd best thing, a team that competes. Maybe we add a couple of pieces and climb the standings. Maybe coby takes that leap. Idk.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 750

Post#31 » by Charlesareed » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:10 am

jc23 wrote:Id rather have Craig over Pat or Zach right now. He does a better job as a 3nD guy then Pat while also bringing more energy and he has a higher bbiq then Zach and is more consistent.

hope his ankle heals fast.

I agree on the Zach part but we need paw I think pat is leaning on Craig tho hope he comes out next season playing like Coby is this season
Chicago Raised me
ScrantonBulls
Senior

Post#32 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:10 am

yifsuibfe1 wrote:Worst case scenario for Thursday

Yep. This was an awesome and fun win, but I'm so deflated with this organization. AKME are just so so awful. I can see them remaining on course again to try and make the play-in. It's just such a horribly run organization.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 442

Post#33 » by greenwing » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:11 am

Great win! More twin towers, please!
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#34 » by GoBlue72391 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:13 am

We're in a weird spot where the future (and present) looks really bleak, but on a game-by-game basis we can be an incredibly exciting and fun team to watch.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#35 » by RastaBull » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:13 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby like DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.

The thought of DDR returning makes me puke. We already know that it hasn't worked out. WHY would it work at as he gets older? It's just a garbage move. Were really running back Vuc-Zach-DDR again? The sad part is I can see AKME doing it.

I think the running back of Vuc-Zach-DDR is the second worst thing we can do. The worst imo is deciding to run it back with Vuc-Zach while only removing DDR.

Vuc and Zach are clearly much less impactful players. They were both here before DDR, and both part of losing equations before that.

DDR is the type of star vet that even as he ages will have a great impact on Coby raising his game more and more.

So I agree, I do not want to see them just run it back. I hated the idea of trading things away for nothing, but at this point I’d be happy to see Vuc and/or Zach go, take some flyers on other guys (and hope Ayo raises his game another notch). One more year and you’ll have Lonzo contract off (as well as Vuc and Zach if you let them go without long term salary), and maybe you can pair Coby with another young star (and yeah, DDR as an expensive vet)
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#36 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:14 am

Why don’t they just score more points than the other team every game, are they stupid?
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#37 » by Red8911 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:14 am

What a game. First half terrible. Second half they woke up, Coby went off scoring 30 pts in the half and the defense picked up to get stops. Big games from the whole starting unit Demar,Vuc, Drummond, AC and Craig helped a lot as well. Big win !
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#38 » by Stratmaster » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:15 am

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby likes DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.
Oh... 15-12 in clutch games. 9-15 in non-clutch.

In other words, they usually get beat by a lot when they get beat, but rarely win by much when they win.

But hey. It's a great win, and this team looks like it might be playing a play-in game at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#39 » by Red8911 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:18 am

greenwing wrote:Great win! More twin towers, please!

It worked tonight because it was against other twin towers. I’m not sure if it will against other teams.

Also it wasn’t perfect Towns scored so many 3s because Vuc had to guard him on the 3pt line, when Craig guarded him it was better results.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#40 » by _txchilibowl_ » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:19 am

More wins please

Return to Chicago Bulls