Image ImageImage Image

PG - David Robinson and Tim Duncan deliver

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Re: PG - David Robinson and Tim Duncan deliver 

Post#41 » by BigUps » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:23 am

Good example of how Billy holds this team back. Tonight, he adjusted. He deserves a ton of credit for that, but one game does not get Billy off the hook. He’s lost us more games by not adjusting lineups and rotations than he’s won or has even tried to make an adjustment.

This team would be significantly better with a better coach. Tonight was an example of that.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 442

Post#42 » by greenwing » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:26 am

Red8911 wrote:
greenwing wrote:Great win! More twin towers, please!

It worked tonight because it was against other twin towers. I’m not sure if it will against other teams.

Also it wasn’t perfect Towns scored so many 3s because Vuc had to guard him on the 3pt line, when Craig guarded him it was better results.

True but Minny is 35-16 and they make it work. You have to think it’s at least worth a shot.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#43 » by Red8911 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:26 am

RastaBull wrote:”D-D-R … Needs To Go”

How dare he score 10 points and a big assist in yet another overtime win!!!

It’s quite humorous how often people get furious over him being THE closer on this team … a team that is now 15-12 in clutch games and 5-2 in overtime’s (the most played in NBA). It’s almost like clutch games are, empirically at least, one of the few certifiable strengths of this team.

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby likes DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.

Coby was great in the second half and if it wasn’t for him this wouldn’t even be close but if it wasn't for Demar getting it done in OT bulls also don’t win this game.

If you guys noticed Coby put so much energy and effort in the 2nd half that he was gassed by the end of the 4th.

And yeah I agree Demar should be back. Coby and all the young guys like him. Most likely he stays and extends as well.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#44 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:26 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:AKME watching that game as justification for standing pat and running it back yet again

You joke, but that’s how they really think. This is the last chance to trade DeMar while he still had some value, but we won’t. Nobody wants Vuc so I’m resigned to him being here. He has actually been decent recently, but I still don’t want him shooting 3s. He doesn’t have that skill anymore.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,468

Post#45 » by ImSlower » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:26 am

That continuity's so hot right now

Red8911
RealGM

Post#46 » by Red8911 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:28 am

greenwing wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

It worked tonight because it was against other twin towers. I’m not sure if it will against other teams.

Also it wasn’t perfect Towns scored so many 3s because Vuc had to guard him on the 3pt line, when Craig guarded him it was better results.

True but Minny is 35-16 and they make it work. You have to think it’s at least worth a shot.

Yeah might as well try it more. Is Drummond going to stay though ? After tonight his price has to have gone up.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#47 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:28 am

Red8911 wrote:

It’s quite humorous how often people get furious over him being THE closer on this team … a team that is now 15-12 in clutch games and 5-2 in overtime’s (the most played in NBA). It’s almost like clutch games are, empirically at least, one of the few certifiable strengths of this team.

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby likes DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.

Coby was great in the second half and if it wasn’t for him this wouldn’t even be close but if it wasn't for Demar getting it done in OT bulls also don’t win this game.

If you guys noticed Coby put so much energy and effort in the 2nd half that he was gassed by the end of the 4th.

And yeah I agree Demar should be back. Coby and all the young guys like him. Most likely he stays and extends as well.

And we compete for a play-in spot again and Pat continues to get 8 shots a game. NBA Hell. We are in 7th level of it.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,958

Post#48 » by chitownsports4ever » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:40 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby like DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.

The thought of DDR returning makes me puke. We already know that it hasn't worked out. WHY would it work at as he gets older? It's just a garbage move. Were really running back Vuc-Zach-DDR again? The sad part is I can see AKME doing it.

why would it be a straight run back ?

Zach cant be traded until the summer and who knows if they bring back Demar at all. I think that would 100% depend on how we finish and the paycut Demar would be willing to take

The Bulls are 19-13 since Nov 30th
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Red8911
RealGM

Post#49 » by Red8911 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:47 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

And we compete for a play-in spot again and Pat continues to get 8 shots a game. NBA Hell. We are in 7th level of it.

You seem to have it all figured out. Trade Demar for what a 2nd round pick.(No one is giving up a lot for a 2-3 month rental). Then what ? Losses, tank,Picks = championship ? lol.

This isn’t NBA hell, Detroit or Charlotte are good examples of hell. Just remember this team is playing well without their 60 million cap space.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,321

Post#50 » by kodo » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:51 am

Red8911 wrote:

Craig / Drummond would be a better 4/5 unit but benching Vuc is just not a realistic scenario. And Craig is always injured, injured again today. Even better yet, actually having a better 4/5 combo that isn't two league min players.

The big lineup doesn't work because Vuc is a great PF, it works because it gets Vucevic out of the center position.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#51 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:55 am

Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Coby was great in the second half and if it wasn’t for him this wouldn’t even be close but if it wasn't for Demar getting it done in OT bulls also don’t win this game.

You seem to have it all figured out. Trade Demar for what a 2nd round pick.(No one is giving up a lot for a 2-3 month rental). Then what ? Losses, tank,Picks = championship ? lol.

This isn’t NBA hell, Detroit or Charlotte are good examples of hell. Just remember this team is playing well without their 60 million cap space.

This has been my point. Unless a team is handing you a quality 1st rd pick, we might just need to keep derozan and let him walk for nothing than risk adding salary going forward. Why should we absorb salary some useless pick that won't convey to anything meaningful for us?

I'm down for trading demar for a young prospect who can grow with coby ayo etc. But we are not getting dejonte Murray with derozan. And we not getting any pick worth anything for him either. I don't want to add the salary. Just keep derozan and let him walk.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#52 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:00 am

Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Coby was great in the second half and if it wasn’t for him this wouldn’t even be close but if it wasn't for Demar getting it done in OT bulls also don’t win this game.

If losing 35 year old DeRozan causes us to fall into tanked that doesn’t bode well for our future regardless. I think we could get a late first and a role player or two for him. Also then won’t have to give San Antonio our pick once we finish 11th in the lottery again.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#53 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:02 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

This has been my point. Unless a team is handing you a quality 1st rd pick, we might just need to keep derozan and let him walk for nothing than risk adding salary going forward. Why should we absorb salary some useless pick that won't convey to anything meaningful for us?

I'm down for trading demar for a young prospect who can grow with coby ayo etc. But we are not getting dejonte Murray with derozan. And we not getting any pick worth anything for him either. I don't want to add the salary. Just keep derozan and let him walk.

The problem is we know they won’t let him walk. So trade him for a late first and good role player or two. I think a team would offer that, but AK wouldn’t take it.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 442

Post#54 » by greenwing » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:03 am

Red8911 wrote:
greenwing wrote:
Red8911 wrote:It worked tonight because it was against other twin towers. I’m not sure if it will against other teams.

Yeah might as well try it more. Is Drummond going to stay though ? After tonight his price has to have gone up.

I certainly hope he stays. As a middling team I think it’s worth looking at this lineup to see if they have something. Our production at the 4 has been poor ever since Markkanen and Thaddeus Young were traded. It’s been a glaring hole ever since - even when Lonzo was healthy. Personally, I’d rather take the chance and see if we can keep Drummond as opposed to getting a likely second rounder. I think a lot of people on this board have been upset with Vuc’s 3-point shooting this season, but what has really fallen off for him this season has actually been his TRB%. If Vuc can keep up with the pace at the 4 then it allows him to shoot 3’s without having to worry about being the only reliable rebounder on the court since Drummond is an elite rebounder.

Guarding the 4 on the perimeter would be a tough job for Vuc, but when you think about it most 4’s who are capable of shooting the 3 are not elite at that shot so you can probably let the opposing 4 take that shot and clog the paint instead. And in situations where that opposing gets hot then you stagger the twin tower minutes until that player is out of the game. I don’t know if the Bulls will do it but it would certainly be fun to watch and there’s a chance it could actually work.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#55 » by FriedRise » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:07 am

You know AK just booked a one-week vacation. It's the one game that he needed to see lmao.

Suitors - if any of you losers are serious about wanting Drummond, Caruso, or DeRozan on your team, you better open up yo wallet! No lowball offers.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#56 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:13 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:
Red8911 wrote:You seem to have it all figured out. Trade Demar for what a 2nd round pick.(No one is giving up a lot for a 2-3 month rental). Then what ? Losses, tank,Picks = championship ? lol.

The problem is we know they won’t let him walk. So trade him for a late first and good role player or two. I think a team would offer that, but AK wouldn’t take it.

If it means adding salary past this season. I don't want it. Rather clear the books. Feel we have better flexibility that way especially if we take the bojan and Harris deal from Detroit for lavine and we can medically retire lonzo. If we retain pwill for cheap or let him go, we can be factors in free agency. That is a better option than taking a contending teams trash and a pick that does nothing for us just to say we got something for derozan.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,135

Post#57 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:15 am

Read on Twitter

The suitors will be plentiful
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#58 » by Dan Z » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:15 am

greenwing wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
greenwing wrote:

I certainly hope he stays. As a middling team I think it’s worth looking at this lineup to see if they have something. Our production at the 4 has been poor ever since Markkanen and Thaddeus Young were traded. It’s been a glaring hole ever since - even when Lonzo was healthy. Personally, I’d rather take the chance and see if we can keep Drummond as opposed to getting a likely second rounder. I think a lot of people on this board have been upset with Vuc’s 3-point shooting this season, but what has really fallen off for him this season has actually been his TRB%. If Vuc can keep up with the pace at the 4 then it allows him to shoot 3’s without having to worry about being the only reliable rebounder on the court since Drummond is an elite rebounder.

Guarding the 4 on the perimeter would be a tough job for Vuc, but when you think about it most 4’s who are capable of shooting the 3 are not elite at that shot so you can probably let the opposing 4 take that shot and clog the paint instead. And in situations where that opposing gets hot then you stagger the twin tower minutes until that player is out of the game. I don’t know if the Bulls will do it but it would certainly be fun to watch and there’s a chance it could actually work.

I think the Bulls should do what HomoSapien suggested...talk to Drummond to get a sense about his off season plans and what he might want for an extension. Then go from there.

If he wants more than you think you're willing to give him and a decent trade is out there you trade him. Otherwise keep him. I agree that I'd rather keep him than get a 2nd round pick or two.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Post#59 » by PaKii94 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:29 am

Turned game on for a bit in the 2nd and turned it off. Looks like I gotta watch the second half
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#60 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:37 am

Best game of the season. Any update on Craig?

If we end up standing pat, I hope we continue to play Drummond more. Vuc looked better out there because he wasn't forced to be the only size on the court. Obviously we can't go twin towers against every team for extended minutes, but it looked great out there tonight. Drummond was a beast on defense today.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Chicago Bulls