Image ImageImage Image

PG - David Robinson and Tim Duncan deliver

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Re: PG - David Robinson and Tim Duncan deliver 

Post#61 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:49 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:This has been my point. Unless a team is handing you a quality 1st rd pick, we might just need to keep derozan and let him walk for nothing than risk adding salary going forward. Why should we absorb salary some useless pick that won't convey to anything meaningful for us?

I'm down for trading demar for a young prospect who can grow with coby ayo etc. But we are not getting dejonte Murray with derozan. And we not getting any pick worth anything for him either. I don't want to add the salary. Just keep derozan and let him walk.

The problem is we know they won’t let him walk. So trade him for a late first and good role player or two. I think a team would offer that, but AK wouldn’t take it.

If it means adding salary past this season. I don't want it. Rather clear the books. Feel we have better flexibility that way especially if we take the bojan and Harris deal from Detroit for lavine and we can medically retire lonzo. If we retain pwill for cheap or let him go, we can be factors in free agency. That is a better option than taking a contending teams trash and a pick that does nothing for us just to say we got something for derozan.

Patrick Williams gonna get AT LEAST $15 million per and I don’t see Zach getting traded before next season starts. We are basically gonna have the same team. Just gotta hope Zach healthy and back to his usual efficiency. Only chance to really some cap space this Summer is medically retiring Lonzo Ball. I have no idea how his rehab is going, but I can only assume he intends to play. And I hope is able to play next season.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,801

Post#62 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:53 am

I was a little annoyed with some aspects of how we closed this game, but after cooling down that was a GREAT win. With $60 million of the roster out for the season. Overall strong games by DeMar and Vuc.

And Drummond might be the most underpaid vet in the league. No way we can afford to retain him next season with making some other moves.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#63 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 7, 2024 5:55 am

Someone from the general board made the point that KAT and Gobert seem like this elite front-court, but then looked very weak against two actual bigs in Vuc and Drummond, which makes you wonder how these guys would fare against true 90s era bigs.

I couldn't help but think that as well. Vuc and Drummond are sort of throw back in a way (more-so Drummond) and they just rattled Gobert in particular with their size and strength.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#64 » by madvillian » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:08 am

dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,445

Post#65 » by Muzbar » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:15 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:This has been my point. Unless a team is handing you a quality 1st rd pick, we might just need to keep derozan and let him walk for nothing than risk adding salary going forward. Why should we absorb salary some useless pick that won't convey to anything meaningful for us?

I'm down for trading demar for a young prospect who can grow with coby ayo etc. But we are not getting dejonte Murray with derozan. And we not getting any pick worth anything for him either. I don't want to add the salary. Just keep derozan and let him walk.

The problem is we know they won’t let him walk. So trade him for a late first and good role player or two. I think a team would offer that, but AK wouldn’t take it.

If it means adding salary past this season. I don't want it. Rather clear the books. Feel we have better flexibility that way especially if we take the bojan and Harris deal from Detroit for lavine and we can medically retire lonzo. If we retain pwill for cheap or let him go, we can be factors in free agency. That is a better option than taking a contending teams trash and a pick that does nothing for us just to say we got something for derozan.

Why would Detroit trade Bogdanovic for an out for the season LaVine? That makes no sense. Also what free agent do you want to splash this wad of cash on? This is a weak FA class.

You know that DeRozan could be traded for expirings also, it doesn't have to be for a player with multiple years left. DDR for Morris/Covington comes to mind.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,052

Post#66 » by vxmike » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:47 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:Our entire starting lineup had very good games. The Twin Towers lineup was interesting, and I'm glad Billy played the matchups game instead of continuing to go small against Minny's big frontcourt.

I’ve been calling for this all season. The team has no PF and Drummond is too good to play only 15 minutes. Andre is a starting caliber C still.
Afan_84
Junior
And1: 40

Post#67 » by Afan_84 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:18 am

HomoSapien wrote:Someone from the general board made the point that KAT and Gobert seem like this elite front-court, but then looked very weak against two actual bigs in Vuc and Drummond, which makes you wonder how these guys would fare against true 90s era bigs.

I couldn't help but think that as well. Vuc and Drummond are sort of throw back in a way (more-so Drummond) and they just rattled Gobert in particular with their size and strength.

I remember Gobert said he would have locked Shaq up if he played Shaq. Not sure how true that can be if he had trouble guarding Drummond.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,912

Post#68 » by jc23 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:18 am

Vuc has one of the best jaw lines in the game.

Be curious, Not judgmental
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,912

Post#69 » by jc23 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:19 am

Also, i think the timberwolves will lose in the first round.
Be curious, Not judgmental
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#70 » by RSP83 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:26 am

vxmike wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Our entire starting lineup had very good games. The Twin Towers lineup was interesting, and I'm glad Billy played the matchups game instead of continuing to go small against Minny's big frontcourt.

I’ve been calling for this all season. The team has no PF and Drummond is too good to play only 15 minutes. Andre is a starting caliber C still.
He's only turned 30. Based on his minutes, he's somehow being utilized like some Javale McGee type backup center. While Drummond is definitely still much better than McGee at the same age. Drummond is limited in today's game but he's elite in several parts of his game. Need to find a way to maximize his elite ability.

Here's Drummond vs. Vuc per 36 minutes:
Drum: 17.6 ppg, 18.9 rpg, 1.3 bpg, 2.5 spg, 1.2 apg, 2.4 to/g, .566 %TS
Vuc: 18.2 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 0.9 bpg, 0.8 spg, 3.7 apg, 1.6 to/g, .530 %TS

The only thing Vuc have over Drummond, is taking care of the ball better. Drummond's turnover rate is really bad (based on a/to ratio). Although lately since he's been getting more minutes, I think he's been better in cutting down his turnovers.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#71 » by Indomitable » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:33 am

Stratmaster wrote:
RastaBull wrote:”D-D-R … Needs To Go”

How dare he score 10 points and a big assist in yet another overtime win!!!

It’s quite humorous how often people get furious over him being THE closer on this team … a team that is now 15-12 in clutch games and 5-2 in overtime’s (the most played in NBA). It’s almost like clutch games are, empirically at least, one of the few certifiable strengths of this team.

Seriously though, I do want DeMar back. This is Coby’s team, or it should be. I have no actual information, but my gut (which doesn’t matter) thinks that Coby likes DeMar and wants him around. I say if Coby did want DeMar, then keep him.
Just want to clarify. I wanted Demar to go. It had nothing to do with him not being a good player, and I think a majority of those who have advocated that trade over the last year felt the same way.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

It has to do with him being 35 needing a new contract. This team is not a a contender.
:banghead:
Dengness9
Senior
And1: 214

Post#72 » by Dengness9 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:25 am

Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Coby was great in the second half and if it wasn’t for him this wouldn’t even be close but if it wasn't for Demar getting it done in OT bulls also don’t win this game.

If you guys noticed Coby put so much energy and effort in the 2nd half that he was gassed by the end of the 4th.

And yeah I agree Demar should be back. Coby and all the young guys like him. Most likely he stays and extends as well.

And we compete for a play-in spot again and Pat continues to get 8 shots a game. NBA Hell. We are in 7th level of it.

You seem to have it all figured out. Trade Demar for what a 2nd round pick.(No one is giving up a lot for a 2-3 month rental). Then what ? Losses, tank,Picks = championship ? lol.

This isn’t NBA hell, Detroit or Charlotte are good examples of hell. Just remember this team is playing well without their 60 million cap space.

The only reason the Bulls aren’t in complete hell is because Coby has broken out this season. But there’s nothing worse than being stuck in the middle. I agree Pistons and Hornets are bad situations, but they are at least bad enough to guarantee a high draft spot, 1-5, and can keep stock piling high upside players. Bulls on the other hand refuse to be good enough to compete for anything and refuse to blow it up, trade their vets and actually focus on building something that works, not this failure of a big 3.

This team is playing well…more like playing better. And where is it going to get us? Another play in knockout or first round exit at the very best…we’ve seen the Bulls have stunted Coby’s growth over the last few years…it’s not far fetched to believe Pat WILL NEVER blossom and grow around the current nucleus either.
I hate the Chicago Bulls. I miss Derrick, Jo, Taj, Jimmy, Lu, BG, Kirk, Noc….I’ll stop there.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,742

Post#73 » by Dez » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:22 am

Dengness9 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
And we compete for a play-in spot again and Pat continues to get 8 shots a game. NBA Hell. We are in 7th level of it.

You seem to have it all figured out. Trade Demar for what a 2nd round pick.(No one is giving up a lot for a 2-3 month rental). Then what ? Losses, tank,Picks = championship ? lol.

This isn’t NBA hell, Detroit or Charlotte are good examples of hell. Just remember this team is playing well without their 60 million cap space.

The only reason the Bulls aren’t in complete hell is because Coby has broken out this season. But there’s nothing worse than being stuck in the middle. I agree Pistons and Hornets are bad situations, but they are at least bad enough to guarantee a high draft spot, 1-5, and can keep stock piling high upside players. Bulls on the other hand refuse to be good enough to compete for anything and refuse to blow it up, trade their vets and actually focus on building something that works, not this failure of a big 3.

This team is playing well…more like playing better. And where is it going to get us? Another play in knockout or first round exit at the very best…we’ve seen the Bulls have stunted Coby’s growth over the last few years…it’s not far fetched to believe Pat WILL NEVER blossom and grow around the current nucleus either.

Cool Detroit and Charlotte are in good positions for high picks in a **** draft.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,693

Post#74 » by Ice Man » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:10 pm

I wrote before the game that I didn't watch to watch it thinking "well the result doesn't matter, but I hope that Coby scores a bunch." But having Coby score a bunch in *that way*, key to a comeback victory, OK I did really like that! Loving it, Mr. White.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,693

Post#75 » by Ice Man » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:24 pm

Dengness9 wrote:we’ve seen the Bulls have stunted Coby’s growth over the last few years….

Coby walked onto the Bulls with the green light flashing. He played 26 minutes per game as a rookie and got off 17 shots per 36 minutes. That was the most of any Bull who played 1,000 minutes for the season, except for Zach. The next year Coby started 54 games and took 15 shots per 36, which is the same amount that he has taken this year.

Coby had his chances. Plenty of them. He just wasn't that good. Now he is that good. Look, here are Coby's TS%, year by year.

51%
54%
56%
57%
59%

That's exactly the progression a team wants from its draft picks. And it's very common. Here's another example, albeit at a higher level. SGA -

55%
57%
62%
56%
63%
65%

I mean, this is what good young players do. Get better. Switch the teams, switch the coaches, switch the GMs, and that's still what they do. It is the nature of the game.

Half the time on this board the narrative is, "The Bulls need to be patient with their draft picks. They take time to develop." The other half of the time the narrative is, "This guy should be good at an early age. It's the Bulls fault that he is not." Let's pick one of those narratives and run with it, because both cannot coexist.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Post#76 » by Wingy » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:03 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:
yifsuibfe1 wrote:Worst case scenario for Thursday

Yep. This was an awesome and fun win, but I'm so deflated with this organization. AKME are just so so awful. I can see them remaining on course again to try and make the play-in. It's just such a horribly run organization.

Best, most disheartening, worst, awesome win you’ll ever see in your life.

This game should be the exclamation point at the bargaining table for AK to say….yah, sorry, pay up suckas.

Instead he’ll take it as evidence to continue toward the pinnacle of this organization’s aspirations: a playin berth.

Kudos to the players and to Billy for the big lineup. Just about certain, Coby’s gonna find a way into my top 5 Bulls of all time. Will always root for these guys despite them being a part of the Org of Shame.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#77 » by drosestruts » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:06 pm

Are you not entertained!!!

What a win. The UC was electric.

It honestly makes me feel better about other games in which we didn't complete the comeback (like the Kings game). So often those get chalked up to "fake runs" and the team is discredited as not actually staging a serious comeback. Tonight showed we can win these games.

I just really like this team - did you see all the guys giving Coby love during his post-game interview with KC? Vuc, Drummond, DeRozan, Craig, and Williams all came over during the interview to hype up Coby.

I am very torn between not wanting to trade Lonzo/LaVine for depreciated value and wanting to give the guys actually out there playing a fair chance by not having $60m in cap space providing nothing at all.

And I realize this would mean eating bad contracts (like Ball and Carter for Poole or something) - but honestly, what does something like that get us? Could we get an asset in addition to Poole? I realize this isn't a trade thread so I'll try to get back on track.

Just a great win. Great stat callout from RastaBull here too - 5-2 in OT games. Winning record in Clutch Games.

Let's go win the next 3 games (Grizzlies, Magic, Hawks) and finally get to .500 here

Could a 6th seed be in grabs if Philly free falls without Embiid?
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#78 » by nekorajo » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:27 pm

2 impressive comebacks in a row. This group looks like it can continue to play winning basketball. Man I hope Craig is OK.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#79 » by nekorajo » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:09 pm

Also, Vuc was right. They had enough to win.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,457

Post#80 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 3:12 pm

Muzbar wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Why would Detroit trade Bogdanovic for an out for the season LaVine? That makes no sense. Also what free agent do you want to splash this wad of cash on? This is a weak FA class.

You know that DeRozan could be traded for expirings also, it doesn't have to be for a player with multiple years left. DDR for Morris/Covington comes to mind.

I don't think they will, but the rationale is fairly obvious. Detroit will have a lot of cap space, but will have difficulty using it on big names, because it is an unappealing market. Zach is likely about as well as they could do, so he would be essentially a free agent acquisition to them. Bojan is not part of their long-term plans. Trading for a player who will be out for the rest of the season preserves their tank job this year and lets them have the most ping pong balls for the #1 pick.

Return to Chicago Bulls