Image ImageImage Image

Buyout market

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Re: Buyout market 

Post#161 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:23 am

Red8911 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:
“ Players signed to Two-Way Contracts are paid one salary for their time in both leagues. Only players with three or fewer years of NBA service are able to sign Two-Way Contracts, which can be for either one or two seasons.”

He is in his 4th season. Its players with 3 or fewer years of NBA service.
That was only valid from the 2017-18 season through the 2022-23 season. Prior to this season they changed it to allow 3 players instead of 2 players per team and 4 years of eligibility instead of 3.

Just scroll up a couple posts and read dude, I literally quoted it from Hoops Rumors.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/08/hoops-rumors-glossary-two-way-contract.html

Poku is eligible to be signed to a two-way contract this season, but will not be eligible beginning next season.

It's moot anyway since we're most likely not going to sign him.

Yup don’t matter Bulls signing Andrew Funk for that 2 way.

I know nothing about him. Is he good?

The Bulls still need size.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#162 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:09 am

Buyout market is worthless. No one worth a damn is taking the minimum to play here when contenders have a spot available.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#163 » by erlim » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:27 am

Dan Z wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:That was only valid from the 2017-18 season through the 2022-23 season. Prior to this season they changed it to allow 3 players instead of 2 players per team and 4 years of eligibility instead of 3.

Just scroll up a couple posts and read dude, I literally quoted it from Hoops Rumors.

Poku is eligible to be signed to a two-way contract this season, but will not be eligible beginning next season.

I know nothing about him. Is he good?

The Bulls still need size.

We definitely addressed our PF issue by signing 3 G-League guards.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,708

Post#164 » by BullChit » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:35 am

We got the Funk... Gotta have that Funk...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#165 » by Muzbar » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:01 am

terry wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:
This is his 4th season. So he is not eligible to be signed to a 2 way contract.

Yes he is.

No hes not.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/02/thunder-waive-aleksej-pokusevski.html#:~:text=For%20what%20it's%20worth%2C%20Pokusevski,sign%20a%20two%2Dway%20contract.

Pokusevski is still just 22 years old, so as long as he’s healthy, there will likely be rebuilding teams that explore taking a flier on him. John Hollinger of The Athletic wonders if the Wizards might kick the tires on the young forward, given that general manager Will Dawkins was in Oklahoma City’s front office when he was drafted. For what it’s worth, Pokusevski remains eligible this season to sign a two-way contract.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#166 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:31 pm

Red8911 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:
“ Players signed to Two-Way Contracts are paid one salary for their time in both leagues. Only players with three or fewer years of NBA service are able to sign Two-Way Contracts, which can be for either one or two seasons.”

That was only valid from the 2017-18 season through the 2022-23 season. Prior to this season they changed it to allow 3 players instead of 2 players per team and 4 years of eligibility instead of 3.

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that this is Neil Funk's grandson or something and we signed him partially out of nepotism/loyalty?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,671

Post#167 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:56 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:That was only valid from the 2017-18 season through the 2022-23 season. Prior to this season they changed it to allow 3 players instead of 2 players per team and 4 years of eligibility instead of 3.

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that this is Neil Funk's grandson or something and we signed him partially out of nepotism/loyalty?

Haha, I thought the same, but I found nothing from a quick search.
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#168 » by terry » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:52 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:
terry wrote:
No hes not.

Yeah, I read it, dude. Who the hell is Hoops Rumors? I havent heard or read that new rule anywhere else. “Hoops rumors” is not credible to me. Nor are you.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#169 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:55 pm

terry wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:

Yeah, I read it, dude. Who the hell is Hoops Rumors? I havent heard or read that new rule anywhere else. “Hoops rumors” is not credible to me. Nor are you.

Oh, so you're a troll then. Cool.

I'm not asking you to take my word for it, myself and others have posted multiple sources stating that Poku is eligible for a two-way, plus there are multiple players on two-way contracts in the league that have the same amount of experience as Poku.

It's funny, Hoops Rumors isn't credible to you, but you didn't provide any source at all for your claims, but I guess that's ok.

You're either a troll or just an ass who is too proud to admit you're wrong.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#170 » by Muzbar » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:36 pm

Mike Muscala about to be bought out. Could have been a good addition...
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
DropStep
Junior
And1: 160

Post#171 » by DropStep » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:11 pm

Muscala is good. Too expensive for us, I assume.

Patty Mills is available now, too. Aside from cap and roster issues, we would need a meat thermometer to see how cooked he is.

Return to Chicago Bulls