Image ImageImage Image

Buyout market

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,293

Re: Buyout market 

Post#141 » by prolific passer » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:48 pm

So we need size and three point shooting? Any 6'9" and up guys who shoot at least 35% from 3 on the buy out market? Also were they on pace to make at least 100 threes before getting bought out? Thanks in advance.
:P
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#142 » by terry » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:50 pm

People might laugh at me. But Otto Porter is going to be waived. And I wouldnt mind him back. Better than most of the other veteran buy out options.

Could be a decent back up 4 in limited minutes.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,756

Post#143 » by DuckIII » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:02 pm

Poku got waived. I know we had some huge fans of his, even though I never really understood it. But he’s a tall PF and he’s young. Test drive?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,366

Post#144 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:13 pm

Go get Poku.

I mean seriously there are no drawbacks at this stage.
The Cult of Personality
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#145 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:49 pm

Why would we want Poku? He sucks and is a young developmental player that only a rebuilding team would want. We're trying to win, I don't see how he helps with that goal considering how raw he is.

Also, considering that we just signed Bitim to a standard contract, I think we can safely put to rest any hopes of signing a buyout.

I do remember someone saying around 2020-21 or so that they would rather have Poku than Lauri and that he would easily and soon surpass him lol
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#146 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:53 pm

Donkedave wrote:Is any of our two way players worth getting minutes into? Don’t get to watch any of there games personally.

Bitim and Drell are intriguing, Sanogo not so much, but don't expect any of them to play.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#147 » by kodo » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:01 pm

From 2020 but still hilarious:
Read on Twitter
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Post#148 » by Muzbar » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:48 pm

Seeing as the Bulls used their last roster spot on Bitim, could they sign Poku to a 2-way contract? I'm not sure if there's an age or years played limit for 2-ways.

If not, why not sign him to a 2-way and see if you can develop him and strengthen him up a bit?
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#149 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:24 pm

Muzbar wrote:Seeing as the Bulls used their last roster spot on Bitim, could they sign Poku to a 2-way contract? I'm not sure if there's an age or years played limit for 2-ways.

If not, why not sign him to a 2-way and see if you can develop him and strengthen him up a bit?

It sounds like Poku is eligible for a two-way contract. According to Hoops Rumors:

Who is eligible to sign a two-way contract?

A player with fewer than four years of NBA experience can sign a two-way contract with a team. Because a player is credited with a year of service on the last day of a league year (ie. June 30), a player with three years of experience is eligible to sign a two-way contract at any time during his fourth NBA season. For instance, a player who is waived halfway through his fourth NBA season is still deemed to have three years of service and could sign a rest-of-season two-way contract.

I'd be on board with a two-way for Poku, but I bet he'll get a standard contract offer from a rebuilding team. If we do sign him to a two-way, we would either have to offer him a standard contract for next season or move on from him.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#150 » by Muzbar » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:47 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Seeing as the Bulls used their last roster spot on Bitim, could they sign Poku to a 2-way contract? I'm not sure if there's an age or years played limit for 2-ways.

It sounds like Poku is eligible for a two-way contract. According to Hoops Rumors:

A player with fewer than four years of NBA experience can sign a two-way contract with a team. Because a player is credited with a year of service on the last day of a league year (ie. June 30), a player with three years of experience is eligible to sign a two-way contract at any time during his fourth NBA season. For instance, a player who is waived halfway through his fourth NBA season is still deemed to have three years of service and could sign a rest-of-season two-way contract.

I'd be on board with a two-way for Poku, but I bet he'll get a standard contract offer from a contending team. If we do sign him to a two-way, we would either have to offer him a standard contract for next season or move on from him.

Thanks for doing the homework for me.

Seeing as Pats out for the season Chimezie Metu would have been a good pick up, not a big shooter but a PF with a bit of size that can rebound.

He had a 22pt, 19rb game earlier this year with Phoenix.

Seemed like an obvious choice to me. :dontknow:

But I guess 6'6" and under is the new 6'8" and over.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,756

Post#151 » by DuckIII » Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:44 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:Why would we want Poku? He sucks and is a young developmental player that only a rebuilding team would want. We're trying to win . . . .

Damnit, I keep forgetting about the stupid part.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#152 » by erlim » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:44 am

He looks like the Bulls franchise if it was a person. Underarmed and overwhelmed.
terry
Senior

Post#153 » by terry » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:40 am

Muzbar wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:

I'd be on board with a two-way for Poku, but I bet he'll get a standard contract offer from a contending team. If we do sign him to a two-way, we would either have to offer him a standard contract for next season or move on from him.

Seeing as Pats out for the season Chimezie Metu would have been a good pick up, not a big shooter but a PF with a bit of size that can rebound.

This is his 4th season. So he is not eligible to be signed to a 2 way contract.
Muzbar
Starter

Post#154 » by Muzbar » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:08 pm

terry wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:It sounds like Poku is eligible for a two-way contract. According to Hoops Rumors:

Are you referring to Poku? If so that's incorrect, as stated in the quote by GoBlue72391, if he was cut during his fourth season he's still eligible to be signed to a rest of season 2-way contract for this season as he hasn't completed his fourth season yet.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#155 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:49 pm

terry wrote:
Muzbar wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:It sounds like Poku is eligible for a two-way contract. According to Hoops Rumors:

Yes he is.
terry
Senior

Post#156 » by terry » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:21 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:
Muzbar wrote:Thanks for doing the homework for me.

Yes he is.

No hes not.
terry
Senior

Post#157 » by terry » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:24 am

terry wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:

Yes he is.

No hes not.

“ Players signed to Two-Way Contracts are paid one salary for their time in both leagues. Only players with three or fewer years of NBA service are able to sign Two-Way Contracts, which can be for either one or two seasons.”

He is in his 4th season. Its players with 3 or fewer years of NBA service.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#158 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:38 am

terry wrote:
terry wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Yes he is.

No hes not.

“ Players signed to Two-Way Contracts are paid one salary for their time in both leagues. Only players with three or fewer years of NBA service are able to sign Two-Way Contracts, which can be for either one or two seasons.”

That was only valid from the 2017-18 season through the 2022-23 season. Prior to this season they changed it to allow 3 players instead of 2 players per team and 4 years of eligibility instead of 3.

Just scroll up a couple posts and read dude, I literally quoted it from Hoops Rumors.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/08/hoops-rumors-glossary-two-way-contract.html

Poku is eligible to be signed to a two-way contract this season, but will not be eligible beginning next season.

It's moot anyway since we're most likely not going to sign him.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#159 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:04 am

terry wrote:
terry wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Yes he is.

No hes not.

Furthermore, there's at least two players that I know of that are on two-way contracts right now that have the same amount of experience as Poku: Jerome Robinson and Skylar Mays.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Post#160 » by Red8911 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:48 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
terry wrote:
terry wrote:
No hes not.

That was only valid from the 2017-18 season through the 2022-23 season. Prior to this season they changed it to allow 3 players instead of 2 players per team and 4 years of eligibility instead of 3.

Just scroll up a couple posts and read dude, I literally quoted it from Hoops Rumors.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/08/hoops-rumors-glossary-two-way-contract.html

Poku is eligible to be signed to a two-way contract this season, but will not be eligible beginning next season.

It's moot anyway since we're most likely not going to sign him.

Yup don’t matter Bulls signing Andrew Funk for that 2 way.

Return to Chicago Bulls