Image ImageImage Image

PG: Towering Twin Win

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Re: PG: Towering Twin Win 

Post#21 » by madvillian » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:49 am

BigUps wrote:Silly Grizzlies. You can’t beat continuity! Come on now. The league is in BIG trouble!

YCBC. You Can't Beat Continuity.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,918

Post#22 » by nomorezorro » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:02 am

it's weird that for as dire a place this team is in, the coby/caruso/demar/drummond/ayo nucleus is a group i consider to be pretty fun to watch win 45 to 51% of their basketball games. it would be nice if there was plausible improvement in their future but i guess i gotta just take what i can get
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#23 » by RastaBull » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:17 am

Many called for Vuc and Drummond. It’s been used to very bad results before. But I don’t think that was because of the pairing as much as it was coaching/gameplan/use of them while out there. Last two games have been different, and very functional.

On offense, with Drummond in there, Billy is constantly putting Vuc at top of arc as fulcrum for passing ball around. I love it.

(1) Vuc is usually the connecting piece passing in between Coby and DeMar. This helps to keep DeMar from catching and just holding on, or to keep it from just going back and forth with Coby and DeMar. Vuc getting ball at arc adds a little wrinkle to keep ensuring ball is passed around.

(2) Vuc has really good vision and can get the ball to every spot … but especially good at finding another big inside when appropriate (a flaw for team otherwise, like when Vuc is the big in middle and we keep missing matchups).

(3) with Drummond, we keep an exceptional edge on offensive glass even with Vuc outside.

(4) opponents have to chose if their bigger of two bigs will be on Vuc or not. Memphis was putting JJJ on Vuc, and just pulling a big away helps Drummond have an advantage over middle.

(5) We are seeing Vuc be more opportunistic at the right time with his offensive choices, specifically his drive game. He’s making quick decisions and it’s playing to his strengths.

So I think we are seeing better coaching with the two bidgs.

At this point, you have to find 24 minutes for Drummond. And if Billy wants to keep playing Vuc 28-30 minutes fine.. but you still have to find 2; minutes for Drummond because of his impact. So, that means you’ll have to find the right spots and ways to play them together.

I hope they keep up the success they’ve had last two games.
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 656

Post#24 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:38 am

GG Jackson would've been worth two second round picks.
ROLES & HOLES
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,285

Post#25 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:43 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:GG Jackson would've been worth two second round picks.

Is he better than Julian Phillips? I don't think the Bulls were going to get two players in the 2nd round, but they could've traded for GG instead (and probably got him for less...GG went #45 in the draft).
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#26 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:52 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:GG Jackson would've been worth two second round picks.

If we had him he'd be our clear cut second best young player, no question.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#27 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:31 am

Pip Jr is good.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,468

Post#28 » by ImSlower » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:05 am

East 7th through 10th or so, this is a statement game. The Bulls are a force to be reckoned with. We have stuck this this roster and you middling East Conference punks better watch out.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#29 » by HomoSapien » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:27 am

FriedRise wrote:Vooch put together 2 games in a row where he shot at least 40% from 3. If he's gonna be playing PF and paired up with Drummond more regularly now, can we at least park him in the corner?

I've theorized for a while that Vuc is burning too much energy being the only big on the floor. It's a lot to ask of him to be the only guy responsible for rebounding, clogging the paint, etc. When you're tired, the first thing that goes is your legs and when your legs go your jumper is short. He shot his best here next to Daniel Theis and in a very small sample size is shooting better next Drummond but also looking more spry.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Re: PG: Towering Twin win 

Post#30 » by SfBull » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:14 am

RSP83 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Record is now 25-27 close to getting back to .500. 3 games behind Miami and Orlando, so the next game against Orlando is a must win. Get revenge for losing to them twice earlier in the season as well.

Let's get back to .500 first. There's no excuse now, FO wants to win now, we fans should start expecting them to play up.

Most likely the Bulls will finish 40-42
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#31 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:07 am

SfBull wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Record is now 25-27 close to getting back to .500. 3 games behind Miami and Orlando, so the next game against Orlando is a must win. Get revenge for losing to them twice earlier in the season as well.

Let's get back to .500 first. There's no excuse now, FO wants to win now, we fans should start expecting them to play up.

That's a very competitive team worth to invest for 3 more years.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#32 » by SfBull » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:34 am

RSP83 wrote:
SfBull wrote:
RSP83 wrote:

That's a very competitive team worth to invest for 3 more years.

More, let's develop the young guys for the next 10 years!
Extend DeMar for the next 5 years.
Continuity!
Afan_84
Junior
And1: 40

Post#33 » by Afan_84 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 12:46 pm

I think the reason why the twin towers worked well so far is they actually practiced playing together before the Minnesota game. I feel the few times they played before is more of a spur of the moment sort of thing.

Love how Vuc is feeding Andre in the post, he should know first hand how frustrating it would be to not get the ball when you have a good posts position.

Despite Vuc not shooting well from the 3pt this season, his reputation as a 3pt threat is still there. You can tell once he knock down the first couple threes, the defense stayed closer to him on the 3pt line and that opens up spacing for everyone else.

With that said, the way JJJ dominanted Vuc in the first quarter is just ugly, don't know why Vuc still stayed on JJJ even when Drummond was subbed in.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,681

Post#34 » by sco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:28 pm

Oh, and what about that Coby hand-switching lay-up and one!

Someone find me that video.
:clap:
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,015

Post#35 » by MissileMike » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:30 pm

ThreeMileAllan wrote:I gotta say I love Gill and Perdue. They're the new Red and Norm. I hope they stay in the post game show forever.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

I can't stand Perdue. To me, he is one of those people you would go to for advice, and then do the exact opposite.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#36 » by Guru » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:51 pm

kodo wrote:Coby, Drummond, Caruso is probably the best $23M spent in basketball.
(excluding fixed rookie scale contracts).

Someone should get credit for that.
Guru
Starter

Post#37 » by Guru » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:53 pm

nomorezorro wrote:it's weird that for as dire a place this team is in, the coby/caruso/demar/drummond/ayo nucleus is a group i consider to be pretty fun to watch win 45 to 51% of their basketball games. it would be nice if there was plausible improvement in their future but i guess i gotta just take what i can get

Its a good lineup to get guys like Phillips and Terry minutes behind as well.
Guru
Starter

Post#38 » by Guru » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:54 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Vooch put together 2 games in a row where he shot at least 40% from 3. If he's gonna be playing PF and paired up with Drummond more regularly now, can we at least park him in the corner?

I've theorized for a while that Vuc is burning too much energy being the only big on the floor. It's a lot to ask of him to be the only guy responsible for rebounding, clogging the paint, etc. When you're tired, the first thing that goes is your legs and when your legs go your jumper is short. He shot his best here next to Daniel Theis and in a very small sample size is shooting better next Drummond but also looking more spry.

Shooting is mostly legs. His 3's were hitting the front of the rim....Your theory makes sense.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#39 » by FriedRise » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:10 pm

sco wrote:Oh, and what about that Coby hand-switching lay-up and one!

Someone find me that video.

I missed it watching in real time, but man that's impressive

Read on Twitter
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#40 » by FriedRise » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:22 pm

HomoSapien wrote:

That's a good point. It grinds my gears when Vooch is the last line of defense and he doesn't bother contesting, but I guess when you're that involved on the offense and playing 35+ mpg, you gotta pick and choose where to spend your energy. You also have to stay away from foul trouble. With Drummond, he can be the one playing that role.

It's an interesting setup for sure. I think we're gonna be seeing it a lot more now that our next few games are against big teams like Orlando and Cleveland.

Return to Chicago Bulls