Image ImageImage Image

PG: Towering Twin Win

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Re: PG: Towering Twin Win 

Post#41 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:25 pm

Ngl, the 2 man game between Drummond and Vucevic was fun to watch.

This Twin Tower looks like becoming a thing, it needs a name! I'm calling it, the Drucola Tower! or is it Drecola?

Lol.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#42 » by nekorajo » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:39 pm

sco wrote:Oh, and what about that Coby hand-switching lay-up and one!

Someone find me that video.

That looked similar to Zach's move to me. He raised the ball early which threw off the defense then finished the layup with the other hand. Was that improv or is Coby's adding to the arsenal? We'll see.
ChiefILL53
Starter
And1: 830

Post#43 » by ChiefILL53 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:49 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Vooch put together 2 games in a row where he shot at least 40% from 3. If he's gonna be playing PF and paired up with Drummond more regularly now, can we at least park him in the corner?

I've theorized for a while that Vuc is burning too much energy being the only big on the floor. It's a lot to ask of him to be the only guy responsible for rebounding, clogging the paint, etc. When you're tired, the first thing that goes is your legs and when your legs go your jumper is short. He shot his best here next to Daniel Theis and in a very small sample size is shooting better next Drummond but also looking more spry.

Prolly one of the reasons that we keep saying we need another 4, thats the actual size of a 4 lol.
jc23 wrote:Goran + Lonzo + Zach = the Dragon Ball Z line up.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#44 » by FriedRise » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:53 pm

There have only been 3 games and 31 total minutes (so super tiny sample size although 12th highest for the season), but the lineup of:

Coby / Caruso / DeMar / Vooch / Drummond

is producing:

ORTG: 139.3
DRTG: 98.4
NRTG: 40.9

It's by far our highest NRTG unit that's played at least 20 total combined minutes together. I wonder if AK looked at those numbers and it contributed to them decided against trading Caruso, DeMar, and Drummond.

Another more commonly used lineup that has worked pretty well is:

Coby / Ayo / DeMar / Pat / Vooch

This lineup has been used in 20 games for 139 total combined minutes and is a +17.5. Obviously Pat is injured.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#45 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:59 pm

I'm not sure if it's the twin-towers specifically or just that our five best healthy players are White-Caruso-DeRozan-Vuc-Drummond but it's been fun.

Vuc is the best post-entry passer on the team by far.

Wish the team had more of a killer instinct for all 48 minutes. This just isn't a team that will blow people out. We are clearly better than the Grizzlies, and were able to pull away and win in the 4th, but it's playing with fire and i don't like it. If you play down to your competition for 3.5 quarters and then look to turn it on, you will occasionally get burned.

two games below .500 and 3 games till the all-star break. Team needs to stay focused and play hard - don't start day dreaming about your vacations. Take care of business.

I will be very excited if we're somehow able to go into the break 28-27.

Magic have games vs us, thunder, and knicks before the break - could be a 3-game losing streak

Heat play the Celtics, Bucks, and 76ers

76ers play the hawks, wizards, cavs and heat - they're 1-7 in their last 8.
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#46 » by FriedRise » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:52 pm

drosestruts wrote:Vuc is the best post-entry passer on the team by far.

When he sees Drummond has his man sealed under the rim, it's almost like he's saying, "HEY FELLAS! PAY ATTENTION! THIS is how you make an entry pass."

He's been on the other end of it so many times lol.
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#47 » by FriedRise » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:08 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:GG Jackson is going to be a monumental steal.

Read on Twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#48 » by MrSparkle » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:28 pm

FriedRise wrote:There have only been 3 games and 31 total minutes (so super tiny sample size although 12th highest for the season), but the lineup of:

is producing:

It's by far our highest NRTG unit that's played at least 20 total combined minutes together. I wonder if AK looked at those numbers and it contributed to them decided against trading Caruso, DeMar, and Drummond.

This lineup has been used in 20 games for 139 total combined minutes and is a +17.5. Obviously Pat is injured.

Only takes about 3 injuries to rotation players (not inc. Lonzo, permanently out) for Billy to find a net-positive line-up.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#49 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:21 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
FriedRise wrote:There have only been 3 games and 31 total minutes (so super tiny sample size although 12th highest for the season), but the lineup of:

is producing:

Only takes about 3 injuries to rotation players (not inc. Lonzo, permanently out) for Billy to find a net-positive line-up.

we have 12 different positive 5-man lineups including:

White/Caruso/DeRozan/Williams/Vuc
White/Dosunmu/DeRozan/Williams/Vuc
White/Caruso/Dosunmu/DeRozan/Vuc

which are our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th most used lineups.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,958

Post#50 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:35 pm

FriedRise wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Vuc is the best post-entry passer on the team by far.

When he sees Drummond has his man sealed under the rim, it's almost like he's saying, "HEY FELLAS! PAY ATTENTION! THIS is how you make an entry pass."

He's been on the other end of it so many times lol.

In the world cup he was playing next to another center as well only in the nba has Billy decided to place 4 guards around him.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#51 » by Repeat 3-peat » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:03 pm

Read on Twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#52 » by MrSparkle » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:07 pm

drosestruts wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

is producing:

Yeah, how about before Zach (particularly), Craig and Pat went down?

Besides for the Lonzo golden stretch, he’s consistently gotten better results out of more injured lineups. He had no idea how to handle the Thad/Lauri/Vuc/Theis log-jam, no idea how to handle the healthy roster last Nov. nor this Nov. He actually benefits from simpler rotation decisions when Lavine and Pat are out.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#53 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:21 pm

FriedRise wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:GG Jackson is going to be a monumental steal.

Read on Twitter

That's the type of guys we gotta try to get
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,681

Post#54 » by sco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:23 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

Yeah, how about before Zach (particularly), Craig and Pat went down?

Besides for the Lonzo golden stretch, he’s consistently gotten better results out of more injured lineups. He had no idea how to handle the Thad/Lauri/Vuc/Theis log-jam, no idea how to handle the healthy roster last Nov. nor this Nov. He actually benefits from simpler rotation decisions when Lavine and Pat are out.

I think Zach being out has helped solve the problem of an imbalance between offense and defense. We need 2 great defenders on the floor with our 3 non-great defenders. Even AC with Coby, Zach, Demar and Vuc isn't enough. Pat was not even close to enough, but Pat and AC (or either guy and Drummond) is enough to give us better balance. IMO, the incremental benefit of a scorer goes down after 2 vs. the benefit of another defensive stud.
:clap:
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#55 » by madvillian » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:28 pm

Good 2nd half. Frustrating that we come out so slow in so many games. White needs to play from the opening tip like he plays the 2nd half. It's become a pattern of slow starts for him and the team. Against good team and teams at full strength (to be fair few are right now) that isn't going to work.

But if we have any aspirations beyond a play in loss we need 48 minutes of good basketball, not 30 or 20.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#56 » by Guru » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:33 pm

I would love to get Nic Claxton
sco
RealGM

Post#57 » by sco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:42 pm

Guru wrote:I would love to get Nic Claxton

How would that happen?
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#58 » by Guru » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:06 pm

sco wrote:

How would that happen?

He is a free agent at the end of the year. He was being shopped, at least that was rumored. We would likely do a sign and trade, maybe with DDR.

Frankly I would rather have Claxton than Williams
TallDude
Junior
And1: 140

Post#59 » by TallDude » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:15 pm

I have hopes now but we are stll place lose or win. We Would need player like Lauri (i know he would never come back) but that is what we need and still like most teams veteran PG. Otherwise its not loo good but solid.
sco
RealGM

Post#60 » by sco » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:17 pm

Guru wrote:
sco wrote:

How would that happen?

He is a free agent at the end of the year. He was being shopped, at least that was rumored. We would likely do a sign and trade, maybe with DDR.

Frankly I would rather have Claxton than Williams

I'm with you! But expect nothing to come of it.

Return to Chicago Bulls