Image ImageImage Image

PG: Towering Twin Win

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Re: PG: Towering Twin Win 

Post#61 » by Guru » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:28 pm

sco wrote:
Guru wrote:
sco wrote:How would that happen?

He is a free agent at the end of the year. He was being shopped, at least that was rumored. We would likely do a sign and trade, maybe with DDR.

Frankly I would rather have Claxton than Williams

I'm with you! But expect nothing to come of it.

Samesies
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,754

Post#62 » by DuckIII » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:39 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Vuc is the best post-entry passer on the team by far.

When he sees Drummond has his man sealed under the rim, it's almost like he's saying, "HEY FELLAS! PAY ATTENTION! THIS is how you make an entry pass."

He's been on the other end of it so many times lol.

In the world cup he was playing next to another center as well only in the nba has Billy decided to place 4 guards around him.

I think the point here is that it’s the guards, not the centers, who are supposed to know how to make those passes.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,958

Post#63 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:53 pm

DuckIII wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
When he sees Drummond has his man sealed under the rim, it's almost like he's saying, "HEY FELLAS! PAY ATTENTION! THIS is how you make an entry pass."

He's been on the other end of it so many times lol.

In the world cup he was playing next to another center as well only in the nba has Billy decided to place 4 guards around him.

I think the point here is that it’s the guards, not the centers, who are supposed to know how to make those passes.

True and it made me think about this video with Jamison from a few weeks ago. This is why I can understand why AK is not real interested in dumping all his vets and grabbing a team full of babies. If you have a few high IQ vets like AC,Demar,Vooch,and Craig you want to expose as many of your young players to them for as long as you can possibly can.

Read on Twitter
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,052

Post#64 » by vxmike » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:25 pm

MrSparkle wrote:It's crazy to me that Drummond consistently outperforms Vuc in less minutes, yet it took Billy 16 months to let him out the dog-house.

Anyway, at this point, you need to treat Vuc as an offensive option and nothing else. He doesn't do any actual other "center" things: win tip-offs, secure rebounds in traffic, bruise the paint, and he obviously doesn't stop big men from scoring in post-ups or around the rim. Drummond addresses all those problems.

I really like the twin towers so far. Drummond is an actual beast inside and Vuc can overpower most PFs.

I like what the TV crew said last night. Who cares if the other team isn’t big? Make other teams adjust to playing against two big. The Bulls should be crushing teams on the glass starting those two.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,694

Post#65 » by Ice Man » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:10 pm

The twin towers have worked great for 2 games! My guess is that it's no magic trick, because NBA coaches tend not to miss the obvious, and that if we keep doing this we will learn that the strategy cuts both ways. But I would be delighted to be wrong and at any case Drum does deserve more playing time.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#66 » by FriedRise » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:27 pm

A lot of these upper echelon teams are big.

Celtics: Tatum / Porzingis
Cavs: Mobley / Allen
Knicks: Randle / Hartenstein
Pacers: Siakam / Turner
Wolves: KAT / Gobert
Nuggets: Gordon / Jokic
Suns: Durant / Nurkic
OKC: Giddey / Holmgren
Clippers: George / Zubac

Everyone's PF is at least 6'8, but we don't have anyone who's that tall. Pat is 6'7 and Craig is 6'5. Phillips is technically 6'8, but he's obviously a rookie and you're not gonna start him.

We're just late to join the party.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#67 » by MrSparkle » Fri Feb 9, 2024 11:36 pm

Ice Man wrote:The twin towers have worked great for 2 games! My guess is that it's no magic trick, because NBA coaches tend not to miss the obvious, and that if we keep doing this we will learn that the strategy cuts both ways. But I would be delighted to be wrong and at any case Drum does deserve more playing time.

Are we sure about this with Donovan? Or atleast, he refused to ignore politics and play the right lineups.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#68 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:03 am

FriedRise wrote:A lot of these upper echelon teams are big.

Everyone's PF is at least 6'8, but we don't have anyone who's that tall. Pat is 6'7 and Craig is 6'5. Phillips is technically 6'8, but he's obviously a rookie and you're not gonna start him.

Most of those PFs are just tall wings, very few of those teams actually start two big men.

Cavs and Wolves are the only definitive teams, a couple others are debatable.
wojoaderge
Veteran
And1: 1,498

Post#69 » by wojoaderge » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:39 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:

Most of those PFs are just tall wings, very few of those teams actually start two big men.

Knicks and Pacers
"Coach, why don't you just relax? We're not good enough to beat the Lakers. We've had a great year, why don't you just relax and cool down?"
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#70 » by RastaBull » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:54 pm

I think the twin towers can really work as starters and doesn’t have to be per se matchup dependent. In fact, I think it could be flipped, like ot could be our standard rest of season, but only in certain matchup do we switch/go back to Craig. Specifically when there is an opponent with star LF that more do it all/athletic.

Like tonight against Orlando. Banchero is a stud, I think starting with Vuc on him could really get us in a hole.

But against the Hawks next game, I’d be interested in trying it again. I’m less fearful of Bey/Johnson/Hunter. They are less athletic and don’t take guys off the dribble as much. I think Vuc is actually an intriguing option against the 3P pf like Bey and Hunter because his length can disrupt a lil on close outs. But key is Vuc being disciplined in what is a new role … never sagging off completely from a shooter, controlled close outs (which I will say eye test I’ve always thought he was pretty smart about, not perfect), and remembering that he’s got Dre behind him covering the paint.
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#71 » by RastaBull » Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:59 pm

wojoaderge wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:

Knicks and Pacers

I think Nuggets are debatable too.

Some of those though we have to remember that if their top scorer and best player is at PF it’s gonna be AC/Pat on them … so even if we did have Dre and Vuc out there, Vic would have to defend someone else. So we’d have to hope there is some other less than athletic wing (which on Boston and Clips and Suns there is not haha). So there are def bad matchups, but I do believe it could work more often than not, or about 50-50
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,754

Post#72 » by DuckIII » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:35 pm

Super late with this comment, but did anyone else love Memphis’ alternate grey court? Typically I don’t care for the alternate courts but I thought it looked fantastic.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,179

Post#73 » by League Circles » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:58 pm

DuckIII wrote:Super late with this comment, but did anyone else love Memphis’ alternate grey court? Typically I don’t care for the alternate courts but I thought it looked fantastic.

Looks like a video game in pictures but I agree it looks cool
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,179

Post#74 » by League Circles » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:03 pm

Hilarious that it took Billy this long to try twin towers or that anyone is surprised by it.

Again, ANDRE DRUMMOND IS A HEALTHY, NOT OLD, 2 TIME COACH-SELECTED ALL STAR WHO HAS UNIQUE SKILLS, IS A FORMER LOTTERY TALENT AND ARGUABLY THE GREATEST REBOUNDER IN NBA HISTORY. Him playing at a hig level should be EXPECTED. He's always done it. Flawed, yes. So was Shaq. Drummond has been in the mix of our best players his entire time here, just like Taj was for a decade or whatever, even when playing off the bench for most of that time. It's just what happens in sports. Vuc is really more of a 4 on both sides of the ball anyway. He could best be hidden as a weakside baseline defender IMO.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#75 » by Stratmaster » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:08 pm

MissileMike wrote:
ThreeMileAllan wrote:I gotta say I love Gill and Perdue. They're the new Red and Norm. I hope they stay in the post game show forever.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

I can't stand Perdue. To me, he is one of those people you would go to for advice, and then do the exact opposite.
I agree

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,958

Post#76 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:11 pm

League Circles wrote:Hilarious that it took Billy this long to try twin towers or that anyone is surprised by it.

Again, ANDRE DRUMMOND IS A HEALTHY, NOT OLD, 2 TIME COACH-SELECTED ALL STAR WHO HAS UNIQUE SKILLS, IS A FORMER LOTTERY TALENT AND ARGUABLY THE GREATEST REBOUNDER IN NBA HISTORY. Him playing at a hig level should be EXPECTED. He's always done it. Flawed, yes. So was Shaq. Drummond has been in the mix of our best players his entire time here, just like Taj was for a decade or whatever, even when playing off the bench for most of that time. It's just what happens in sports. Vuc is really more of a 4 on both sides of the ball anyway. He could best be hidden as a weakside baseline defender IMO.

I think part of it is the Bulls finally got the PG situation stabilized and they also finally got more ball movement implemented as well.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,061

Post#77 » by Chi town » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:32 pm

Any word when Pat is back or how he’s progressing? Another week?

Return to Chicago Bulls