Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Magic 6pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Re: Bulls @ Magic 6pm CT 

Post#161 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:52 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:They are nothing more than another young team who will inevitably consolidate their assets and trade away a few of their young guys for a vet fringe star. Just like they all do. Just like we did before we traded for vuc. Remember how many writers were praising our young players?

Will almost bet Orlando adds more vets in the off season.

If the Magic trade for Vets they'll still base the team around their two best young players: Wagner and Banchero.

Just like we based our team around our 2 best young players lavine and coby

Point is, their future is nothing but what we did and what all the young teams will do. So praising their position as if they are so far ahead of us makes no sense considering we were just them. Sometimes adding the players work i.e the t wolves , the kings. Sometimes it doesn't i.e Atlanta, Toronto, Charlotte and Houston. I find we get googly eyed over other situations when they really are not that much better than us. Orlando started hot but been falling apart lately. Just like Utah. We get tagged with the worst ran franchise because we don't want to give the Lakers our assets for their trash. Meanwhile if we could pay attention to the full picture, these other franchises are not doing too much better than us.

The Bulls were not built around LaVine and Coby. That's ridiculous. Coming into this season nobody knew that Coby would take the leap forward that he did.

If you mean before the Vucevic trade that's a different story, but it wasn't Coby and LaVine. That was a team trying to figure itself out after the Butler trade. Young players such as LaVine, Coby, WCJ, Markkanen and Chandler Hutchison.

The Magic have two young players to build with and they have a few more with potential. They also own all their own picks plus a 2025 first from Denver and 2nd rounders from other teams.

I agree that they have struggled since the start of the season and they're not amazing, but they have potential going forward. The Bulls ceiling right now is limited.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#162 » by RSP83 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:52 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Bullflip wrote:Bulls should have traded for Jonathan Isaac. Good defender who can rebound and shoot the 3
He has a huge contract for his level of production, can't shoot worth a lick, and is one of the most injury prone players in the league.

Who would we have even traded for him that Orlando would want?

He'd be a great FA pickup on a contract similar to what Caruso's is, as he's the ideal guy to play next to Vuc, but at his price and with upcoming extensions for Demar, PWill, and Drummond it just wouldn't make sense.

Isaac is like the Deandre Ayton version of Jaren Jackson Jr. But he's still a good pickup for a reasonable contract. He's also injury prone. He doesn't worth his current contract.

I actually see some PWill in Isaac. Two guys who are immensely talented, have shown flashes, but struggle to put it together either because of injuries or just cannot maintain mentally.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,820

Post#163 » by Dominator83 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:06 am

Red8911 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:Well, at least Vuc showed that he’s still better than WCJ. Magic need an upgrade at C pretty bad.

Many posters even though quiet today are still convinced that Carter is far better than Vuc.

Carter wasn’t just a disappointment to the Bulls, the Magic don’t like him either and were looking to trade him. Honestly I don’t see him being a starter for too long especially if he leaves.

WCJ is basically what I thought he would be the night he was drafted.... A guy who's ceiling is a solid starter. JAG

I absolutely hated that pick at the time. I'm not gonna be a captain hindsight and say I Wanted SGA, but I did Want them to roll the dice on MPJ. He was considered the #1 before the injury issues. Was it a risk? Yes. But where we were in our rebuild, we needed to swing for the fences , and instead Gar/Pax laid down a bunt.

As it turns out, MPJ isn't a franchise guy either, but he is a proven #3 on a championship team, and their entire careers he's had considerably more trade value than WCJ. Like MPJ 3 years ago would have gotten you Vuc straight up. WCJ we had to add 2 first round picks
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#164 » by Dan Z » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:12 am

Dominator83 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:Well, at least Vuc showed that he’s still better than WCJ. Magic need an upgrade at C pretty bad.

Many posters even though quiet today are still convinced that Carter is far better than Vuc.

Carter wasn’t just a disappointment to the Bulls, the Magic don’t like him either and were looking to trade him. Honestly I don’t see him being a starter for too long especially if he leaves.

WCJ is basically what I thought he would be the night he was drafted.... A guy who's ceiling is a solid starter. JAG

I absolutely hated that pick at the time. I'm not gonna be a captain hindsight and say I Wanted SGA, but I did Want them to roll the dice on MPJ. He was considered the #1 before the injury issues. Was it a risk? Yes. But where we were in our rebuild, we needed to swing for the fences , and instead Gar/Pax laid down a bunt.

As it turns out, MPJ isn't a franchise guy either, but he is a proven #3 on a championship team, and their entire careers he's had considerably more trade value than WCJ. Like MPJ 3 years ago would have gotten you Vuc straight up. WCJ we had to add 2 first round picks

I'm surprised the Bulls didn't draft Mikal Bridges. He seemed like a GarPax pick.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,914

Post#165 » by jc23 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:20 am

Missed the game, WCJ must be over us as he doesnt put up big numbers against us anymore lol.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,820

Post#166 » by Dominator83 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:39 am

Dan Z wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Many posters even though quiet today are still convinced that Carter is far better than Vuc.

I'm surprised the Bulls didn't draft Mikal Bridges. He seemed like a GarPax pick.

Me too. Mikal was easily the best "Safe" pick by far.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,665

Post#167 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:50 am

Dominator83 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:WCJ is basically what I thought he would be the night he was drafted.... A guy who's ceiling is a solid starter. JAG

I was a big Mikal fan, but GarPax was committed to rebuilding the front court.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,445

Post#168 » by Muzbar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:02 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I was a big Mikal fan, but GarPax was committed to rebuilding the front court.

Thing is, they could have taken Mikal and then Mitchell Robinson with the Chandler Hutchison pick instead.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 403

Post#169 » by Mad Guru » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:27 am

I think Wendell got hurt
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 909

Post#170 » by HearshotKDS » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:29 pm

We only doing post game threads for wins?
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#171 » by SfBull » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:42 pm

RSP83 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
Bullflip wrote:Bulls should have traded for Jonathan Isaac. Good defender who can rebound and shoot the 3
He has a huge contract for his level of production, can't shoot worth a lick, and is one of the most injury prone players in the league.

He'd be a great FA pickup on a contract similar to what Caruso's is, as he's the ideal guy to play next to Vuc, but at his price and with upcoming extensions for Demar, PWill, and Drummond it just wouldn't make sense.

Isaac is like the Deandre Ayton version of Jaren Jackson Jr. But he's still a good pickup for a reasonable contract. He's also injury prone. He doesn't worth his current contract.

I actually see some PWill in Isaac. Two guys who are immensely talented, have shown flashes, but struggle to put it together either because of injuries or just cannot maintain mentally.

Saying guys like PW and Isaac are immensely talented is really an exaggeration.Just 2 role players struggling for making the starters,in PW's case it's easier as he'll likely start when returning of injury even with the two twins experiment working out well.AK apparently wants to play him no matter how he plays .
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,980

Post#172 » by Nyce_1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:02 pm

JI wasn't/isn't available. He's Orl's 3rd most important piece. Very injury prone but when available, he's DPOY potential.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#173 » by FriedRise » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:24 pm

Missed the game, but OT? Sure looks like a competitive game!
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#174 » by Jvaughn » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:37 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

My dream scenario that night was that we convinced LAC to move up and we got their back to back picks. I knew it was a longshot at the time, but imagine if we left that draft with MPJ and SGA. We would've been set for a decade.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#175 » by chitowndish » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:54 pm

I mainly caught the second half but it seemed fun. Coby did completely disappear in the 4th but it was nice seeing Ayo and then Terry's dunk was great. This was one of those games where if we didn't have DDR it would have been ugly but I do wish he attacked the basket at the end he could have been fouled so putting it all on a 3 seemed unnecessary.

Can't believe Vuc shot 7 3's and only made one at some point the guy has to start passing those up or start working on his 3pt shooting it seems like we have a pretty good shooting coach but I'd like to see him dial it back at least as far as 3's, he's usually pretty effective going to the basket and taking advantage of mismatches so I'd rather see that.

I think overall we didn't put them away and they took it and I think Coby typically plays well he just didn't have a great game today and if he's not going the rest of the offense struggles and it's easy to key on scorers. It is a good example of why I don't mind having DDR with Coby is he makes it hard for defenses to just load up on Coby and vice versa they both keep defenses honest which opens up things for the rest of the team. As bad as the my turn your turn iso was with him and Zach just having someone that can do it every once in a while is really helpful in games like that and really helpful for a young guy playing PG because it's at least one guy you don't have to set up you can just dump the ball when you need. I don't like DDR just getting the ball and going iso to end games but honestly it was the only offense we had going so this was the kind of game to do that kind of thing.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,681

Post#176 » by sco » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:07 pm

SfBull wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:He has a huge contract for his level of production, can't shoot worth a lick, and is one of the most injury prone players in the league.

Saying guys like PW and Isaac are immensely talented is really an exaggeration.Just 2 role players struggling for making the starters,in PW's case it's easier as he'll likely start when returning of injury even with the two twins experiment working out well.AK apparently wants to play him no matter how he plays .

Yeah Isaac is a Caruso-level defender. He kept our guys from scoring efficiently in the paint. We as a team, but especially Vuc and Coby have their game impacted when there is a great shot blocker on the opponent.

We were also hurt by Drummond and Ayo getting in early foul trouble.
:clap:
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#177 » by RSP83 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:51 pm

SfBull wrote:
RSP83 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:He has a huge contract for his level of production, can't shoot worth a lick, and is one of the most injury prone players in the league.

They're lottery pick for a reason, they're physical specimens. They do have high ceiling talent, whether they able to put it together is a different story. But I stand by my opinion that both are high ceiling type talent.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#178 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:10 pm

RSP83 wrote:
SfBull wrote:
RSP83 wrote:

They're lottery pick for a reason, they're physical specimens. They do have high ceiling talent, whether they able to put it together is a different story. But I stand by my opinion that both are high ceiling type talent.
They've got good size, length, and athleticism (moreso Isaac than Pat), but they lack the necessary skills that high ceiling players need such as scoring, shooting, ball handling, finishing, shot creation, and playmaking.

It's Isaac's 7th year and he's averaging 6 PPG and has never averaged more than 11. I know he's had a ton of injuries, but even before all his injuries his offensive ceiling was clearly limited.

That's not my idea of high ceiling.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#179 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:20 pm

But I'll add that yeah, Isaac's defensive ceiling was always immense and if he were ever to play a full season I expect he would be a DPOY candidate.

PWill's defensive ceiling is very good too and I could see him making an All-Defense 2nd team or two at his peak.

It's just that their offensive ceilings are so limited that it brings down their overall ceiling.

Pat's offense is better, as he's a good 3-point shooter on low volume and has a pull-up mid and one hand floater as sort of go-to moves, but it's still a pretty limited offensive ceiling considering he can't dribble, create, finish, or post up.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 658

Post#180 » by Rose2Boozer » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:47 pm

COMPETITIVE CONTINUITY.

pardon the all caps
ROLES & HOLES

Return to Chicago Bulls