Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Hawks 6:30 CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,397

Bulls @ Hawks 6:30 CT 

Post#1 » by 2weekswithpay » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Re: Bulls @ Hawks 6:30 CT 

Post#2 » by Stratmaster » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:58 pm

I think this game tells us which direction the season likely goes. Another loss to a mediocre play-in team and I think the season goes south. A win, and.... well hell I'm not sure a win means anything special; but, a loss tells me what I need to know. Hopefully, it would tell Billy and AKME what they need to know about "wanting to see the team without Zach".
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,990

Post#3 » by Bulliever2020 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:58 pm

Not exactly a must win, but with the disappointing loss Saturday and an expected loss at Cleveland on Wednesday, you kind of need this one to go into the break with some type of positive momentum. I would expect/hope the team comes out with some type of urgency to get this W.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#4 » by FriedRise » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:06 pm

They'll be without Capela, but this isn't gonna be an easy game. ATL is only 1 game behind, so obviously an important game to the Standings.

Caruso and Ayo are gonna have their hands full with Trae and Murray, so we need Coby and DeMar to stay awake on defense against Bey and Johnson.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#5 » by Hangtime84 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:17 pm

Coby gonna have to wake up. But do understand it's most likely fatigue and he really isn't built for this yet. Even if DeMar has kind of prep him
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,958

Post#6 » by chitownsports4ever » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:28 pm

This is one of those games where we should start Drummond and just pound the hawks inside all game with the twin towers since they dont have Capela but we will try to match their smallball right from the start fall behind and try to comeback .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stratmaster » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:33 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:Coby gonna have to wake up. But do understand it's most likely fatigue and he really isn't built for this yet. Even if DeMar has kind of prep him

Wait. Coby has a bad game and it is because he is tired? But when the guys 5-10 years older than him have a bad game it is because they suck? lol.

I love Coby, but I hate to see when the new savior falls to earth. You guys are gonna be brutal on him.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#8 » by madvillian » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:57 pm

This feels like a loss. We never seem to play well in Atlanta, no matter how banged up either side is.

Also, reading between the lines on the Pat injury, he's going to be out until after the ASB, so yea. Nobody can prove he hurt his foot trying play through the ankle injury on the other one, but it sure as **** didn't help. Another mis handled Bulls injury imo.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#9 » by SfBull » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 pm

Stratmaster wrote:I think this game tells us which direction the season likely goes. Another loss to a mediocre play-in team and I think the season goes south. A win, and.... well hell I'm not sure a win means anything special; but, a loss tells me what I need to know. Hopefully, it would tell Billy and AKME what they need to know about "wanting to see the team without Zach".

If Orlando and Atlanta are mediocre Play in teams the same can be said about the Bulls.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stratmaster » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:51 pm

SfBull wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:I think this game tells us which direction the season likely goes. Another loss to a mediocre play-in team and I think the season goes south. A win, and.... well hell I'm not sure a win means anything special; but, a loss tells me what I need to know. Hopefully, it would tell Billy and AKME what they need to know about "wanting to see the team without Zach".

If Orlando and Atlanta are mediocre Play in teams the same can be said about the Bulls.

And...?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,322

Post#11 » by kodo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:16 pm

We beat ATL in Dec mainly because of starting Drummond.
He became the first Bull to post 24 points, 25 rebounds, three steals and two blocks in a game. He's also only the sixth player in NBA history to post those statistical benchmarks, joining Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Roy Tarpley, Chris Webber and Dwight Howard.

Read on Twitter

I assume he'll just be benched again for continuity.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#12 » by Hangtime84 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:17 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:Coby gonna have to wake up. But do understand it's most likely fatigue and he really isn't built for this yet. Even if DeMar has kind of prep him

Wait. Coby has a bad game and it is because he is tired? But when the guys 5-10 years older than him have a bad game it is because they suck? lol.

I love Coby, but I hate to see when the new savior falls to earth. You guys are gonna be brutal on him.

It’s logical for anyone who comes from not playing much and then starting to play large amount of minutes. Many elite players talk about training harder to be more conditioned to play late in the season or increasing their recovery routines.

Our roster sucks due to construction we traded only long term option who became an all star last year that’s horrible.

Billy ain’t helping either due to lack of accountability towards veterans and rotation choices. But this is the partner AK wanted.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,700

Post#13 » by SfBull » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:36 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
SfBull wrote:

And...?

And winning or losing these teams shouldn't mean you a have a better team.Not sure this game will change something,the Bulls are going for the Play in Tournament because East' s bottom teams suck hard .
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stratmaster » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:13 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:

It’s logical for anyone who comes from not playing much and then starting to play large amount of minutes. Many elite players talk about training harder to be more conditioned to play late in the season or increasing their recovery routines.

Our roster sucks due to construction we traded only long term option who became an all star last year that’s horrible.

Billy ain’t helping either due to lack of accountability towards veterans and rotation choices. But this is the partner AK wanted.
Coby was playing 31 mpg and starting 3 seasons ago. It's not like he is coming out of a 40 game college schedule into a 82 game nba schedule.

He has played 1900 minutes already this season as compared to 1700 last season. But come on. He is about to turn 24.

Again, I love Coby. Think he is a big asset. And he has been getting heavy use. About the same total minutes as Demar. But the narratives on here have gotten a bit ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#15 » by Stratmaster » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:14 pm

SfBull wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
SfBull wrote:If Orlando and Atlanta are mediocre Play in teams the same can be said about the Bulls.

And...?

And winning or losing these teams shouldn't mean you a have a better team.Not sure this game will change something,the Bulls are going for the Play in Tournament because East' s bottom teams suck hard .
Did you read my post? Read it again and then comment again lol

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,612

Post#16 » by jacoby1us » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:23 pm

Bulls will find a way to lose this game just like they did after fighting to get the lead in Orlando Saturday. Such a disappointing season as usual.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,102

Post#17 » by jordanwilliams6 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:23 pm

What's this about Coby waking up? :lol: Is he not allowed to have one poor shooting game now?

Previous 4 games:
20 points on 6/12
33 points on 11/21
26 points on 10/18
35 points on 12/22

Good for 29 PPG on 53/52 shooting splits.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#18 » by FriedRise » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:37 pm

Y'all can point at all the numbers you want, but Coby has been the most fun thing to watch about this sorry ass team. He single handedly saved this season from being a total trainwreck, and that's a fact.

My blinders are on, I will not believe the contrary.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#19 » by HomoSapien » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:04 pm

We are winning this. Ayo and Drummond will be key.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#20 » by madvillian » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:18 pm

FriedRise wrote:Y'all can point at all the numbers you want, but Coby has been the most fun thing to watch about this sorry ass team. He single handedly saved this season from being a total trainwreck, and that's a fact.

My blinders are on, I will not believe the contrary.

To be fair seems to basically be one guy who has an agenda to bring everybody down into the same pile as his favorite. There's a billion reasons to be more patient with White than Zach and Lamar. By most advanced stats, White's had a better season than Zach, and unlike Zach, White posts. This will 3 out of his 10 years in the league Zach won't make 50 games played. White has played 60+ every year so far and barring a disaster will easily hit it again this year.

One guy is trending up on a great contract, the other is trending down on what looks like an albatross deal right now.

Apples and oranges, and enjoy White, he's one of the few bright spots this year.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls