Image ImageImage Image

PG:AYO DOS TRES!

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,100

Re: PG:AYO DOS TRES! 

Post#21 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:41 am

RastaBull wrote:DeMar is 29/5.5/4 with 47%FG and 40%3P in 5 February games.

But really, just watch tonight and remember, any Bulls team that we have this year, next year, even year after next ... it's going to be a better team with DeMar than it would be without DeMar.

I actually like listening to opposing analysts lately because they often fawn over how professional DDR and how incredible a scorer he has been for 17 straight season. Refreshing to hear the man get his respect. He was amazing tonight; you can't win these games with a guy like DDR.

I'm entirely fine with keeping Demar because he seems like a positive influence and he's still a certified bucket scorer, especially in times we need it. He's always going to make life easier for the likes of Coby & Ayo. Any offseason plan needs to revolve around unloading Zach (and Lonzo) to free up cap room and moving Vuc for a modern day center.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#22 » by madvillian » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:42 am

I give billy some credit for rolling with the Terry lineup until about the 5 minute mark. Demar needs to have his usage monitored as he ages and if Terry is giving you good minutes, let it ride. I think a guy like that sometimes gets hot through osmosis when he sees Ayo going off, or maybe it's the same type of tempo both guys can excel at more times than not...
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,321

Post#23 » by kodo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:45 am

And how the hell is Bogey not starting.
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 442

Post#24 » by greenwing » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:01 am

kodo wrote:And how the hell is Bogey not starting.

I would love to see the Bulls sign a vet as another backup 5 (Robin Lopez?) and then deploy the twin towers with Vuc/Drummond more. The stretches we’ve seen them play together so far have been pretty successful.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#25 » by Stratmaster » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:07 am

Betta Bulleavit wrote:What’s with KC getting indignant with Coby for disrupting the post game interview. I mean, I get it. kC has a job to do, but you know how these guys are and what they do. Don’t act brand new. Let them have their way for a minute and restart.
I thought the same thing. He's done that a couple games now. They should keep doing it just to screw with him.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#26 » by FriedRise » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:13 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
kodo wrote:Wouldn't it be fun if AK traded the entire team other than Coby, Ayo, and Caruso for salary dumps.
We'd have $112M to sign a completely new team.

Teams are rarely build through free agency these days. You often need to trade for difference makers in the modern era, so even with all the cap space, you would still need valuable assets to trade.

I mean, I think we can upgrade this roster plenty with just the 60M from the 2 guys who are rarely suiting up. It's just nobody wants to take them because one is apparently an injury prone loser, and the other has a high chance to be medically retired smh.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#27 » by Red8911 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:13 am

What a game by Ayo, 29 pts, who would have thought a couple of months ago that he was even capable of that ? He just keeps improving as the season progresses.

First he’s in very good shape, probably the best on the roster, he can play full energy no matter how long he plays and this season he’s actually using that and his physical strength to his advantage. His shot is actually falling, not like all the bricks he was throwing last year. Defense is usually good and finally his IQ has gotten a lot better. I hope he continues like this.

Solid game by Jevon Carter. Good defense on Trae, was sticking on him from full court. He made his 3s too . This is what we expected of him. Bulls need him to play like this,he can definitely help the bench a lot.

Craig I think is very important to this team, even more than Patrick. Defense, his 3 pt shooting are essential but most importantly he helps with rebounding. Let’s hope he stays healthy.

Terry and Drummond did their jobs tonight then obviously Demar 29 pts, Vuc 24 and 11(double double machine), and Coby 20 and 7 assists,took him a while to make an appearance but at least he finally made shots later in the game. Next up tough but winnable game in Cleveland.
WookieOnRitalin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 271

Post#28 » by WookieOnRitalin » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:16 am

My God the Hawks are horrible on defense.

I mean, horrendous. That cannot be overstated. Bulls are playing with nobody and they give up 136. What universe is this?
"As you think, so shall you become." --- Bruce Lee
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,835

Post#29 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:29 am

WookieOnRitalin wrote:My God the Hawks are horrible on defense.

I mean, horrendous. That cannot be overstated. Bulls are playing with nobody and they give up 136. What universe is this?

I'm actually quite surprised that they have been as bad as they have this season, because they aren't without talent, and I'm a pretty big fan of Quinn.
Why so serious?
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#30 » by Red8911 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:41 am

But really, just watch tonight and remember, any Bulls team that we have this year, next year, even year after next ... it's going to be a better team with DeMar than it would be without DeMar.

I actually like listening to opposing analysts lately because they often fawn over how professional DDR and how incredible a scorer he has been for 17 straight season. Refreshing to hear the man get his respect. He was amazing tonight; you can't win these games with a guy like DDR.

Yeah the guy has been awesome in Chicago and very professional. Deserves more respect from bulls fans. They wanted to trade him for second round picks. A DeRozan level talent is not easy to find or easily replace, even at 34. I think he’s earned an extension.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#31 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:44 am

WookieOnRitalin wrote:My God the Hawks are horrible on defense.

They allowed a ton of high scoring performances this season individually or as a team.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,008

Post#32 » by meekrab » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:47 am

kodo wrote:Who knew our Zach Lavine replacement was Ayo.

Last 15: 15 ppg, 59% FG, 53% 3P, 71% TS.

Ayo is typically ridiculously efficient, if only he could increase his scoring volume a bit he'd be a solid 6th/7th man.
bullskokie
Senior
And1: 242

Post#33 » by bullskokie » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:52 am

kodo wrote:Wouldn't it be fun if AK traded the entire team other than Coby, Ayo, and Caruso for salary dumps.

And imagine we sign 9 international basketball superstars to vet min each…
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#34 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:09 am

Ayo has definitely gotten over the sophomore slump. Not sure he if he can be a high level starter, but he is gonna have a very good career. I was against re-signing him. Glad to be wrong about that.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#35 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:13 am

I think a lot of people have written Dalen Terry off too soon. I REALLY like his skill set. I think by year 4 he could be starter level 3 and D wing for also has strong handles.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#36 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:16 am

kulaz3000 wrote:Who would have thought an Ayo and Coby backcourt could show so much promise and yet here we are. Consider me pleasantly surprised. Now if we can do something about our front court, maybe I'd be a little more optimistic about our future.

Terry is showing promise imo. He has gone from completely useless and clueless to competent since the beginning of the season. You can tell he works really hard on his game.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,918

Post#37 » by nomorezorro » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:16 am

meekrab wrote:

Ayo is typically ridiculously efficient, if only he could increase his scoring volume a bit he'd be a solid 6th/7th man.

he should have the greenest of green lights for the rest of the season. he might hit a wall eventually but there's no reason not to see how much he can ratchet up the volume and still be effective
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#38 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:18 am

No because we would just end up overpaying a bunch a players. This isn’t NBA 2K.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#39 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:20 am

I don’t think anyone doubts that we are better with DeMar. The debate is whether it matters.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#40 » by HomoSapien » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:31 am

Read on Twitter

Need him to work with Vuc now.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Chicago Bulls