Image ImageImage Image

PG:AYO DOS TRES!

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,804

Re: PG:AYO DOS TRES! 

Post#41 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:34 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
RastaBull wrote:DeMar is 29/5.5/4 with 47%FG and 40%3P in 5 February games.

But really, just watch tonight and remember, any Bulls team that we have this year, next year, even year after next ... it's going to be a better team with DeMar than it would be without DeMar.

I actually like listening to opposing analysts lately because they often fawn over how professional DDR and how incredible a scorer he has been for 17 straight season. Refreshing to hear the man get his respect. He was amazing tonight; you can't win these games with a guy like DDR.

I'm entirely fine with keeping Demar because he seems like a positive influence and he's still a certified bucket scorer, especially in times we need it. He's always going to make life easier for the likes of Coby & Ayo. Any offseason plan needs to revolve around unloading Zach (and Lonzo) to free up cap room and moving Vuc for a modern day center.

Salary dumping Zach would be a mistake and don’t think they will do that. People take like is washed up. He’s not. Not sure what happens with Ball no one is gonna eat his contract so unloading without an asset attached or taking back an even worse contract so that won’t happen. I’d rather just let him expire than compound an already unfortunate situation.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#42 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:37 am

Probably finish this road trip 2-2

Team is still competing and fighting. Had a great shot at winning the last one too. Will always appreciate a team that fights every night.

But we need to pick up a body or 2. Another injury to the wrong person and this thing goes south fast.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,804

Post#43 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:38 am

Red8911 wrote:
RastaBull wrote:DeMar is 29/5.5/4 with 47%FG and 40%3P in 5 February games.

But really, just watch tonight and remember, any Bulls team that we have this year, next year, even year after next ... it's going to be a better team with DeMar than it would be without DeMar.

I actually like listening to opposing analysts lately because they often fawn over how professional DDR and how incredible a scorer he has been for 17 straight season. Refreshing to hear the man get his respect. He was amazing tonight; you can't win these games with a guy like DDR.

Yeah the guy has been awesome in Chicago and very professional. Deserves more respect from bulls fans. They wanted to trade him for second round picks. A DeRozan level talent is not easy to find or easily replace, even at 34. I think he’s earned an extension.

No one wants to trade him for 2nd round picks. Yes he deserves a big contract. All of that is irrelevant to the Bulls still not having much of future. We are going to be very good the next two seasons regardless of how DeMar plays and then he will be washed up.

The problem isn’t DeMar. It’s the team as a whole.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,445

Post#44 » by Muzbar » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:43 am

Muzbar wrote:Coby had a horrendous start shooting wise and then turned it into a decent shooting game, great for him.

So happy Ayo is breaking out, he's my favourite guy on the team. Has Patton been working with him on his shot?

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Need him to work with Vuc now.

Well I guess that answer my question.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,445

Post#45 » by Muzbar » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:58 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:I think a lot of people have written Dalen Terry off too soon. I REALLY like his skill set. I think by year 4 he could be starter level 3 and D wing for also has strong handles.

I had Terry as my pick in his draft, I'm so happy he's starting to show some positive signs.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
PJSteven22
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#46 » by PJSteven22 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:59 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Need him to work with Vuc now.

Best off-season acquisition
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,835

Post#47 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:02 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:What’s with KC getting indignant with Coby for disrupting the post game interview. I mean, I get it. kC has a job to do, but you know how these guys are and what they do. Don’t act brand new. Let them have their way for a minute and restart.

I haven't seen this yet, but if true, I'm surprised because KC almost always expects and anticipates a teammate to interrupt his interview after a big performance. Perhaps he was just being sarcastic? Again, I haven't seen it, so maybe I'm wrong, but yeah, KC usually just allows that moment to happen without ever making a big deal out of it, usually.

I stand corrected, KC did look like he was slightly annoyed here, which is surprising like I said, because he has really played up to the teammates disrupting his postgame interviews and seemingly been enjoying them. Not sure why this time he seemed agitated - I guess we are all prone to having off days.

Why so serious?
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Post#48 » by PaKii94 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:00 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:What’s with KC getting indignant with Coby for disrupting the post game interview. I mean, I get it. kC has a job to do, but you know how these guys are and what they do. Don’t act brand new. Let them have their way for a minute and restart.

I haven't seen this yet, but if true, I'm surprised because KC almost always expects and anticipates a teammate to interrupt his interview after a big performance. Perhaps he was just being sarcastic? Again, I haven't seen it, so maybe I'm wrong, but yeah, KC usually just allows that moment to happen without ever making a big deal out of it, usually.

I stand corrected, KC did look like he was slightly annoyed here, which is surprising like I said, because he has really played up to the teammates disrupting his postgame interviews and seemingly been enjoying them. Not sure why this time he seemed agitated - I guess we are all prone to having off days.

Eh idk I think it was his dry humor (which I don't mind). He has been around all these players enough
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#49 » by RSP83 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:25 am

Hopefully Ayo continues his upward trajectory. Coby's development is already a huge bonus. If Ayo is the same then wow. Our future suddenly looks a lot less bleak.

There's a lot to like about the Coby and Ayo backcourt if Ayo becomes a legit NBA starter caliber player. Both are fundamentally solid 2 way players. Credits to Coby for his commitments on developing this part of his game and making it part of his baseline. For Ayo, defense is already his calling card since his rookie year. Offensively both have shown unselfish tendency and solid feel for the game when to pass, when to shoot.

Having said that, assuming Ayo best case scenario, I don't think both are franchise players. But I can easily see them as core pieces around a central frontcourt piece (like a Wemby, Jokic, Embiid, even somebody like Luka). I can see 70% discount of this game's version Ayo with new Coby playing key roles for championship contender.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#50 » by erlim » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:28 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

Ha this is funny, KC has big overwhelmed Will Ferrell energy.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#51 » by RSP83 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:41 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

Nah, I see friend-friend type reaction there.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#52 » by drosestruts » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:20 pm

only caught from the late 3rd quarter on and am happy to have caught a win. Great game from Ayo. The Ayo and Coby development have been a huge bright spot on the season.

Still struggling against doubles and traps - we simply have to figure it out and be better at anticipating it.

Whatever issue the Hawks were hoping to solve by replacing McMillan with Snyder didn't work. Whatever the problem is there - it isn't the coaching. We're a medicore team fighting to get over the hump and the team seems to have good chemistry. The Hawks are a medicore team fighting to get over the hump and the vibes just seem off and the effort is non-existent.

Cleveland game won't be easy but am hoping we can pull out a win.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#53 » by FriedRise » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:47 pm

I don't understand how Trae is able to average 27 points. I only watch the Hawks when they play the Bulls, but 9 times out of 10, Trae always has a bad game against us. No other team in this league has a 6'5 guard who can stay in front of him and defend?

Bogdanovic, now that guy is terrifying. A Korkmaz/Niang/Strus level Bulls killer for sure.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,457

Post#54 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:10 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
I thought the same thing. He's done that a couple games now. They should keep doing it just to screw with him.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

I think KC just deadpanning here. It's a taped interview. He doesn't care if the players delay it by a minute. It's a bit.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,937

Post#55 » by ChettheJet » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:30 pm

The key to the win was when they down 10 in the 2nd quarter then got it down to 5 then back to 10. The fact that they didn't let it go from 10 to 20 meant that they had time in the 3rd to get it together, make adjustments and not get routed. Several hundred times easier to come back from 10 down than expend all the energy to come back from minus 20 and probably fall short.

I almost understand why the Bulls didn't trade Caruso because they wanted 2 picks. They can win without him, he's still at 9.8ppg despite starting and playing starter's minutes. In his case because they can win without him at this point they didn't want to get back one pick and a couple of project/potentials who they wouldn't need nor have the time to play this year. Two picks would have spread the assets they got in return over the next 1-4 years while they have a team that can compete.

When Patrick returns I would really like to see him start and pair with Craig to let DeRozan cut his minutes. Craig would also be behind Williams and the twin centers getting time to cover the 4 . Have Dosunmu start and have him, Caruso and Carter be guards and give Coby more rest. Not under consideration I'm sure

Ayo going off like he did shows why why ATL is where they are. Trae honestly looked like he was from the Zach school of defense, get a steal but if the guy drives to the basket, oh well. The Hawks made a lot of changes in the past couple of years ago moving Huerter, Collins, and more plus picks, I think they should show some Bulls' fans you don't always get it right
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#56 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:34 pm

Bulliever2020 wrote:That stepback 3 to put us up 9 was an I'm here moment from Ayo. Looks like another stellar team friendly contract. Gotta give credit to AKME when it's due. Home run there.

In fairness Ayo kinda did it to himself by wanting to bet on himself and happened to re-up in a down year. He could still be on his rookie deal and be owed bigger money this offseason. It was AKME dumb luck.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#57 » by FriedRise » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:32 pm

I also do think that Billy needs to be more strict with his rotations. I know it's probably tough to do when you want to have your best guys out there in a close game, but we need to start limiting Coby's minutes to keep him fresh.

That means we need to start trusting Jevon Carter more.

Whatever happens in those Carter minutes, you just gotta deal with (like we do with Drummond), but we can't keep playing Coby 40+ mpg and expect him to be effective.
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,907

Post#58 » by The Explorer » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:38 pm

Didn't realize Ayo average 50/40/90 for the month of January. So far in February he's at 58/57/25.
AK definitely deserves credit for this pick and for extending him last summer when many were questioning him as a bench piece.
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,990

Post#59 » by Bulliever2020 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:40 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Bulliever2020 wrote:That stepback 3 to put us up 9 was an I'm here moment from Ayo. Looks like another stellar team friendly contract. Gotta give credit to AKME when it's due. Home run there.

In fairness Ayo kinda did it to himself by wanting to bet on himself and happened to re-up in a down year. He could still be on his rookie deal and be owed bigger money this offseason. It was AKME dumb luck.

Completely disagree. Most here did not want to resign Ayo after his down year last season. AKME could have easily just let him walk after that but they saw what kind of kid he was and thought he would continue to work to get better and that down year was just a blip. Can not just chalk that up to dumb luck. That's like calling Coby's contract dumb luck as well. Lot of people here hate AKME enough that they refuse to give him any credit at all when making the right decision. And this is definitely one of those instances.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#60 » by madvillian » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:09 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:

It was 100% dumb luck. If they really thought Ayo was going to be a super backup at guard they would have had him as the primary backup instead of Carter to start the year. It only took a series of injuries and some poor play from Carter for a stretch to get him significant minutes. In Oct and Nov, Ayo was averaging like 18 minutes a game.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls