Image ImageImage Image

PG:AYO DOS TRES!

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Re: PG:AYO DOS TRES! 

Post#81 » by PaKii94 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:48 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

It's just old, Duck. When the team wins it's not good enough. When the team loses it's affirmation.

You just need to read different posters. Neither winning nor losing now means anything. So just read nihilists like me. We won’t crap on wins. We just won’t affix meaning to them. Either way.

I'm closer to nihilism than you might think. Sports was supposed to be my sanctuary from that lol.

I think most posters (including myself) here are :lol:
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#82 » by madvillian » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:50 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
You just need to read different posters. Neither winning nor losing now means anything. So just read nihilists like me. We won’t crap on wins. We just won’t affix meaning to them. Either way.

I'm closer to nihilism than you might think. Sports was supposed to be my sanctuary from that lol.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#83 » by Chi town » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:47 pm

Is Ayo showing us the early signs of a Coby like leap fwd?

That 3 ball is legit. Taking and making off the dribble now too.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#84 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:00 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:I'm entirely fine with keeping Demar because he seems like a positive influence and he's still a certified bucket scorer, especially in times we need it. He's always going to make life easier for the likes of Coby & Ayo. Any offseason plan needs to revolve around unloading Zach (and Lonzo) to free up cap room and moving Vuc for a modern day center.

Salary dumping Zach would be a mistake and don’t think they will do that. People take like is washed up. He’s not. Not sure what happens with Ball no one is gonna eat his contract so unloading without an asset attached or taking back an even worse contract so that won’t happen. I’d rather just let him expire than compound an already unfortunate situation.

I'm coming around to the idea that Zach is addition by subtraction. Despite being an elite scorer, he's just never been apart of a winning TEAM offense. Zach & Demar simply just don't fit and bringing him back means guys like Coby & Ayo have to take slightly reduced roles when the opposite should be occuring. It's not like we're having a difficult time scoring the ball either. In the last 11 games since Zach has been out, we're 9th in offensive rating and 11th in overall rating.

Even if it is addition by subtraction doesn’t mean you throw him away like trash. Rehabilitate his value then go for a trade. Also we were still winning when he came back and we have still looked mediocre without him outside of Coby explosion nights. We are just as mediocre with as when it comes to what matters. Wins and losses.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,102

Post#85 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:40 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Salary dumping Zach would be a mistake and don’t think they will do that. People take like is washed up. He’s not. Not sure what happens with Ball no one is gonna eat his contract so unloading without an asset attached or taking back an even worse contract so that won’t happen. I’d rather just let him expire than compound an already unfortunate situation.

I'm coming around to the idea that Zach is addition by subtraction. Despite being an elite scorer, he's just never been apart of a winning TEAM offense. Zach & Demar simply just don't fit and bringing him back means guys like Coby & Ayo have to take slightly reduced roles when the opposite should be occuring. It's not like we're having a difficult time scoring the ball either. In the last 11 games since Zach has been out, we're 9th in offensive rating and 11th in overall rating.

Even if it is addition by subtraction doesn’t mean you throw him away like trash. Rehabilitate his value then go for a trade. Also we were still winning when he came back and we have still looked mediocre without him outside of Coby explosion nights. We are just as mediocre with as when it comes to what matters. Wins and losses.

A 10-15 record with Zach compared to 16-13 without would suggest otherwise.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#86 » by Dan Z » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 am

kodo wrote:If we could go 50-50 over the next stretch, we should celebrate.

Cavs - Celtics - Pels - Pistons - Cavs - Bucks - Kings - Utah - GS - Clippers - Mavs - Pacers - Clippers.

Let's say that means they go 7-6.

33-34 record with 15 more games to go.

If they continue to play .500 basketball that means they'll end the season 40-42 or 41-42.

Last year's record was 40-42 (10th place).

Yay!!
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Post#87 » by PaKii94 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:58 am

Dan Z wrote:
kodo wrote:If we could go 50-50 over the next stretch, we should celebrate.

Cavs - Celtics - Pels - Pistons - Cavs - Bucks - Kings - Utah - GS - Clippers - Mavs - Pacers - Clippers.

Let's say that means they go 7-6.

33-34 record with 15 more games to go.

If they continue to play .500 basketball that means they'll end the season 40-42 or 41-42.

Last year's record was 40-42 (10th place).

Yay!!

.....continuity? Oops I meant competitiveness :oops:
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#88 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:05 am

madvillian wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:

"I wanted all things to seem to make some sense, So we could all be happy, yes, instead of tense. And I made up lies, so they all fit nice, and I made this sad world a paradise."

-Kurt Vonnegut
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#89 » by _txchilibowl_ » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:44 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:
madvillian wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

"I wanted all things to seem to make some sense, So we could all be happy, yes, instead of tense. And I made up lies, so they all fit nice, and I made this sad world a paradise."

-Kurt Vonnegut

"Mongo only pawn in game of life."

-Mongo
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,460

Post#90 » by samwana » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:48 am

PaKii94 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
I haven't seen this yet, but if true, I'm surprised because KC almost always expects and anticipates a teammate to interrupt his interview after a big performance. Perhaps he was just being sarcastic? Again, I haven't seen it, so maybe I'm wrong, but yeah, KC usually just allows that moment to happen without ever making a big deal out of it, usually.

I stand corrected, KC did look like he was slightly annoyed here, which is surprising like I said, because he has really played up to the teammates disrupting his postgame interviews and seemingly been enjoying them. Not sure why this time he seemed agitated - I guess we are all prone to having off days.

Eh idk I think it was his dry humor (which I don't mind). He has been around all these players enough
Agree, seemed he was joking around a bit
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#91 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:06 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
jordanwilliams6 wrote:I'm coming around to the idea that Zach is addition by subtraction. Despite being an elite scorer, he's just never been apart of a winning TEAM offense. Zach & Demar simply just don't fit and bringing him back means guys like Coby & Ayo have to take slightly reduced roles when the opposite should be occuring. It's not like we're having a difficult time scoring the ball either. In the last 11 games since Zach has been out, we're 9th in offensive rating and 11th in overall rating.

A 10-15 record with Zach compared to 16-13 without would suggest otherwise.

So we are gonna ignore the previous two seaso and focus on this small sample? Not to mention he played hurt most the season before he called. He was on the team that won 49 games and the team that won 40 minus Lonzo the previous two seasons. If you think removing is Zach gonna change the trajectory of team in any meaningful way you are coping hard. It’s just more mediocrity until AK is fired or we get lucky and two players Pat, Ayo or Terry make a Coby type jump. Let’s see if we finish better than 40-42 this season. I wouldn’t bet on it.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,662

Post#92 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:55 pm

Bulliever2020 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Bulliever2020 wrote:That stepback 3 to put us up 9 was an I'm here moment from Ayo. Looks like another stellar team friendly contract. Gotta give credit to AKME when it's due. Home run there.

In fairness Ayo kinda did it to himself by wanting to bet on himself and happened to re-up in a down year. He could still be on his rookie deal and be owed bigger money this offseason. It was AKME dumb luck.

Completely disagree. Most here did not want to resign Ayo after his down year last season. AKME could have easily just let him walk after that but they saw what kind of kid he was and thought he would continue to work to get better and that down year was just a blip. Can not just chalk that up to dumb luck. That's like calling Coby's contract dumb luck as well. Lot of people here hate AKME enough that they refuse to give him any credit at all when making the right decision. And this is definitely one of those instances.

Not disagreeing that he could have let him and or Coby walk. Cap the way it is wasn't likely though and both were brought in on good value. The dumb luck was that Ayo bet on himself with the 2 year deal instead of a 3 year deal (which AKME got trashed for) but it actually worked out. Ayo would be more expensive resigning this offseason.

Return to Chicago Bulls