Image ImageImage Image

PG: Coby show on ESPN but fall short

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,365

PG: Coby show on ESPN but fall short 

Post#1 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:09 am

Coby had the put everyone on notice game on National TV that he needed. Great game.
We had our chances again but whatever.

All star break to rest and heal up. Hope we have a great post allstar break.
The Cult of Personality
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,216

Re: PG: Coby show on ESPN but fall short 

Post#2 » by Senor Chang » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:11 am

Coby taking that last shot is a big step for this current team. Keep giving him the ball on those plays and he can only get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#3 » by Clocian » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:11 am

Looking forward to the ref report tomorrow how the call on Caruso was wrong. Yay
Damn I love Hip Hop!
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#4 » by Indomitable » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:12 am

Vuc must be better. He was truly terrible.
:banghead:
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#5 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:12 am

Yeah was a good game but fell short. Once again, it seems like we're in that .500 zone. We need to go on a run. At least we've been playing good teams close on the road. No moral victories though. We need to pull these out.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#6 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:12 am

Start Drummond, shut down Vuc, and sign a backup C. Honestly, that's what we should do if we're actually trying to maximize our chances of winning.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,008

Post#7 » by meekrab » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:13 am

The trade deadline should really be AFTER the all star game, would make the whole weekend a lot more exciting. Imagine a superstar gets traded mid ASG and rips off his conference jersey WWF style to go play for the other side.

Coby Ayo Terry and Philips are the only reasons to continue watching this team, everyone over the age of 25 should get traded in the summer time.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#8 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:13 am

Moral victory.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#9 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:13 am

We actually played well tonight

Donovan sat Drummond at weird times in the game and as soon as he did that the cavs attacked the rim

We got hosed by the refs. And it was noticeable

Vuc did not show up and we continued to go inside to him

More plays should have been ran to get ayo a 3 he jas been hot lately. That should be a solid option.

Not mad at the loss I took the points and won because I knew the bulls would keep it close. We did enough to win.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst

Post#10 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:13 am

Clocian wrote:Looking forward to the ref report tomorrow how the call on Caruso was wrong. Yay

I can't believe we didn't challenge that. It was clear contact initiated by Mitchell (I think?).
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,365

Post#11 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:14 am

Vooch absolutely killed us this game. 9pts 8rebs 4-15 and a -11 on the floor. Worst on team.
The Cult of Personality
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,347

Post#12 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:14 am

Quoting you from the game thread since it is locked.
Dan Z wrote:Vucevic seems like a good guy, but his confidence goes up and down, plus his three point shot is terrible this year.

Maybe he should look at footage of his shooting from previous years? In 2021 he shot .400 from three.

since then he shot,
21-22 .314
22-23 .349
23-24 .277

Not a great sign. Also he only had one other good season as a .364 shooter in Orlando but it was on 3 attempts a game. Basically the guy was hot for a season and Orlando sold high and AK bought while high.

NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,153

Post#13 » by MrSparkle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 am

The team's pretty good, honestly. They handled the hottest, most talented team in the conference. The refs were atrocious. Comically bad. Mitchell's Bulls games make the 06 Wade/Mavs look fair.

One thing though, is Billy's subs and play-calls are just such ****. He's not HC material in the NBA. He just does brain-dead things. You look at Vuc's numbers vs. Andre's, then you look at the minutes, and you just ask yourself "WHY?"

Not challenging a bunch of suspicious clutch calls. The last shot (recurring theme). Skiles was running game-winning plays with a bunch of rookies all season long. This late-game execution is garbage.

This isn't rocket science. When a guy is playing like dog s*it and extraordinarily losing the box score game, and the other guy is a big plus... Play the other guy more.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#14 » by HomoSapien » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 am

If I'm not mistaken, Billy played Vuc the entire 4th outside of situational defensive subs.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst

Post#15 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:15 am

meekrab wrote:The trade deadline should really be AFTER the all star game, would make the whole weekend a lot more exciting. Imagine a superstar gets traded mid ASG and rips off his conference jersey WWF style to go play for the other side.

Coby Ayo Terry and Philips are the only reasons to continue watching this team, everyone over the age of 25 should get traded in the summer time.

Haha, I don't think the teams are by conference anymore, but still funny to think about.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#16 » by madvillian » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:17 am

We lost a close game where the younger players balled but all the same sore spots flared up. 2 forward, 2 back really if the FO isn't going to get proactive sooner rather than later.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#17 » by RastaBull » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:19 am

Game was lost when Vuc took another open 3 and bricked it with about 2 minutes left. Why?!?!

At end, when he passed up the 3, I was thankful! Maybe he should have taken it, maybe right okay even for him is to take it. But dangit I cannot handle ANOTHER bricked 3 in a clutch game from Vuc. I’d much much rather lose because he passed it up then watch him throw another brick. It’s the thing that pisses me off more than anything; I’ll be fuming all all star break now thinking about his trash 3P shooting.

Also, after that 2 minute or so missed 3, the next possession was a bad/forced iso from DeMar against Okoro. Okoro kept him far away from basket. He shoulda got rid of it rather than play around nd try and get his shot. (I wish I could have seen a close up replay … it really did look like contact on his release … but maybe Okoro did do a superb job of contesting that without fouling, he is capable of that).

Those two plays lost the game imo. We were doing a fantastic job of getting good offense each possession up to that, we couldn’t get the stops though. But two wasted possessions in a row put us behind and we still couldn’t get the stops.

ALSO, wtf not challenge the AC foul, that was so bogus and I think he could had a good chance to win it!!!

Or, why not get all up in the refs and make them at least review the foul on Coby by Stus… make em at least look at it for upgraded foul (probably wouldn’t there, but that was not a basketball play).
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#18 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:20 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Vooch absolutely killed us this game. 9pts 8rebs 4-15 and a -11 on the floor. Worst on team.

Vuc shouldn’t even be on this team,
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#19 » by Guru » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:21 am

Vuc has a role. He is very good at many things....but as you said they aren't putting him in a position to succeed. I'd love to see them just flop roles with Drummond.

I really think Donovon doesn't understand when to challenge.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#20 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:21 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:Vooch absolutely killed us this game. 9pts 8rebs 4-15 and a -11 on the floor. Worst on team.

Vuc shouldn’t even be on this team,

It'll never happen, but we would be better off if we sent him home and salary dumped him in the offseason.

Return to Chicago Bulls