Image ImageImage Image

No Bull Tour: Pippen, Grant, Longley to share perspective on The Last Dance

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

No Bull Tour: Pippen, Grant, Longley to share perspective on The Last Dance 

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:15 pm

Read on Twitter

I hope this doesn't end up being an anti-Jordan tour and just stories about the dynasty from Pippen, Grant, and Longley’s perspective but Grant seems ready to take off the gloves. Pippen seems more grounded and back to his old self than he has in quite some time.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,447

Re: No Bull Tour: Pippen, Grant, Longley to share perspective on The Last Dance 

Post#2 » by Muzbar » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:20 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hope this doesn't end up being an anti-Jordan tour and just stories about the dynasty from Pippen, Grant, and Longley perspective but Grant seems ready to take off the gloves. Pippen seems more grounded and back to his old self than he has in quite some time.

My wife offered to buy me tickets to this when they were coming to Sydney, I politely declined.

It will 100% be a Jordan bashfest, at least from Grant and Pippen, I thought the money would be better spent elsewhere.

It could have been a cool experience though.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#3 » by League Circles » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:25 pm

Gross. I also want to hear none of this.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#4 » by madvillian » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:37 pm

These guys making money off griping about Mike and the Bulls doesn't sit well with me. I've watched some Luc stuff and frankly it's amazing Jordan even was able to find the patience needed to help elevate Luc into a legit NBA player. In another universe where Luc doesn't join the Bulls, his life is vastly different financially and opportunity wise. He's a nice guy but he's too smart for his own good imo and without Jordan pushing him who knows.

These guys should be thanking Michael every single day of their lives imo.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,465

Post#5 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:46 pm

This is all pretty sad/pathetic. Move on with your lives, guys.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#6 » by MrSparkle » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:49 pm

Can we just get a 3-on-1 revenge match at next year's ASG?
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#7 » by nekorajo » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:59 pm

Nice. Keep the dynasty info coming. I definitely want to hear their perspectives. Some Bulls fans act like MJ walked on water even though he repeatedly acknowledged that he didn't. MJ's willingness to admit his own shortcomings is one of my favorite things about him as a human being.

I look forward to seeing if these 3 display vulnerability on this tour as well. They all have legitimate reasons to gripe and show appreciation. I'm here for all of it.
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,993

Post#8 » by Bulliever2020 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:59 pm

Lexluthor
Rookie
And1: 406

Post#9 » by Lexluthor » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:13 pm

Let the past die
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 978

Post#10 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:18 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:This is all pretty sad/pathetic. Move on with your lives, guys.

MJ told the story his way, made a **** ton of money doing it, and these guys felt he portrayed them unfairly/inaccurately. Why do you have an issue with them telling the story their way and making money from it? I have no issue with it.
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 978

Post#11 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:21 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Can we just get a 3-on-1 revenge match at next year's ASG?

A no disqualification match, with Stone Cold as the guest referee!
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,837

Post#12 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:30 pm

I don't understand the sentiment against this tour. Yes, it's a little tacky, and you'd think that they would have something better to do. But the NBA and the Chicago Bulls milk as much money from the past and present players, so I think it's only fair game that those same players have the same opportunity to profit from their own perspective.

The origins of why this tour came to be, again, tacky, and I'm guessing some opportunistic person got in the ears of Pippen to do it, mostly for the sake of money, but who are we to judge? Provided all their stories are from their own first hand experiences, again, they have every right to share and sell their story.

I'm also so jealous of Scottie's hairline.
Why so serious?
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#13 » by madvillian » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:41 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:I don't understand the sentiment against this tour. Yes, it's a little tacky, and you'd think that they would have something better to do. But the NBA and the Chicago Bulls milk as much money from the past and present players, so I think it's only fair game that those same players have the same opportunity to profit from their own perspective.

The origins of why this tour came to be, again, tacky, and I'm guessing some opportunistic person got in the ears of Pippen to do it, mostly for the sake of money, but who are we to judge? Provided all their stories are from their own first hand experiences, again, they have every right to share and sell their story.

Nobody really likes a "kiss and tell" style story when money is being offered as part of the telling. That said, they are free to take that money and tell those tales. Scotty seemed a little more put together in the video clip, so maybe this is part of him trying to piece his life back together with all the BS (some of it self inflicted, most of it not) he's had to deal with. I def feel for him more than Grant and Longley, who were minor players that would have been nobodies after their playing days had they not been part of the MJ led dynasty.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:47 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:This is all pretty sad/pathetic. Move on with your lives, guys.

MJ told the story his way, made a **** ton of money doing it, and these guys felt he portrayed them unfairly/inaccurately. Why do you have an issue with them telling the story their way and making money from it? I have no issue with it.

Because it makes them look small and tarnishes the greatest era in Bulls basketball history. But mostly the first part. These guys look like whiny babies. IMO, the documentary didn't even make MJ's supporting cast look bad, so the overreaction to it is just kind of bizarre.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:50 pm

madvillian wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:I don't understand the sentiment against this tour. Yes, it's a little tacky, and you'd think that they would have something better to do. But the NBA and the Chicago Bulls milk as much money from the past and present players, so I think it's only fair game that those same players have the same opportunity to profit from their own perspective.

Nobody really likes a "kiss and tell" style story when money is being offered as part of the telling. That said, they are free to take that money and tell those tales. Scotty seemed a little more put together in the video clip, so maybe this is part of him trying to piece his life back together with all the BS (some of it self inflicted, most of it not) he's had to deal with. I def feel for him more than Grant and Longley, who were minor players that would have been nobodies after their playing days had they not been part of the MJ led dynasty.

FWIW, Horace Grant made an All-Star team and won a non-Bulls championship, so I wouldn't say he's a "nobody" absent his association with the Bulls (though obviously the Bulls era greatly enhances his fame).
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,837

Post#16 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:53 pm

madvillian wrote:

Are you sure about that? Biographies are essentially kiss and tell stories and they usually sell like hot cakes, and those are mostly cash grab opportunities for people on the tail end of their career.

I also don't agree that just because Jordan led the charge to their success, they can't also profit in some ways off of their experience, regardless of their role, big or small. As much as fans like to put the emphasis on Jordan, and rightfully so, they were just as integral part of the championships, so i think it's fair that they get their fair share of the praise, gratitude and yes, profit from it.

Again, does it seem all a bit tacky, and cheap, sure, I don't disagree, but I certainly don't dislike them for it either. With Pippen I've grown sympathetic towards his situation and with how much trauma he has had to deal with, it makes sense to me as to why he had a moment where he seemed a little out of sorts, so I'm hoping he is in a much better place now and enjoys this tour because I'm still a huge fan of his.
Why so serious?
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#17 » by Charlesareed » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:44 pm

This is very bad those guys should be happy MJ made their career made them All household names they jealousy is so bad smh
Chicago Raised me
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#18 » by mack2354 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:33 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
madvillian wrote:

FWIW, Horace Grant made an All-Star team and won a non-Bulls championship, so I wouldn't say he's a "nobody" absent his association with the Bulls (though obviously the Bulls era greatly enhances his fame).

You are right about Grant. He was a super 3rd option for the Bulls similar to Bosh for the Miami Heat. He was never a Superstar who could be the first option on a contender but he was far from a "nobody".

Longley on the other hand...he's not a household name if he wasn't a starter for 1 of the Jordan 3 peats. In fact most people couldn't tell you what other teams he played for outside of his career with Jordan. I couldn't. I had to check Wikipedia. Longley should be the president of Jordan's official fan club. Any public negativity from him would certainly rub me the wrong way.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,742

Post#19 » by Dez » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:02 pm

I don't see why people think Longley will be bashing MJ?

MJ literally did an interview for the mini-series on Longley last year here in Australia.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 466

Post#20 » by step » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:18 pm

Dez wrote:I don't see why people think Longley will be bashing MJ?

MJ literally did an interview for the mini-series on Longley last year here in Australia.

Well, how much of that was due to the bad press after not featuring him at all in the doco?

I totally get that he isn't solely to blame here too... most probably falls on the production crew and applicable roles behind that. But yeah, it did not look good initially. That being said, I do not think Longley will be out to bash him either, he's had a pretty solid/consistent view of things. He's always been fond of his time here from memory.

Return to Chicago Bulls