Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls beat Pels

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Re: PG: Bulls beat Pels 

Post#81 » by Red8911 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:41 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Random thought on Ayo, but if memory serves me right, he played really well 2 years ago (as a rookie), exactly during this Feb/March Madness stretch. Coby and he held down the fort pretty well while Zach, Lonzo and Caruso were out.

Wonder what was the root cause of Ayo's really bad offensive season, last year. Changes to his shooting form? Pressures of expectations, scouting reports, contract year, etc.? Team chemistry? The starting move to PG?

I cant remember where I saw it but it was like a year or so ago, but a coach had said Ayo is one of the most resilient players he knows. He didn't worry about Ayo last seasons for us because at Illinois, the same situation happened. He had a great freshman year, then by most accounts, took a step back in his second year. When people counted him out, he exploded in his 3rd season for the Illini.

Essentially, he is a fighter. When people count him out, he seems to get even better.

He is doing the same thing now for the Bulls.

Most of us here wouldn’t have resigned Ayo last summer. Got to give credit to AK and Billy for still believing in him despite a terrible season.

They turned out to be right. Same goes for Coby and even Pat started turning the corner before his injury.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Post#82 » by Red8911 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
kodo wrote:Ayo's been 49% from 3 past 15 games, not a tiny sample size. Give this guy a raise.
Read on Twitter

No raise! He has ruined Vuc's shot!

I kid, he has been a great addition and hope he sticks around.

I wonder does he work with the veterans too or just the younger guys ? Is he really going to change Vuc who’s 33yrs old shot when he’s been shooting like that his whole career?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#83 » by FriedRise » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:44 am

Red8911 wrote:This was a really good win, Pelicans are one of the hottest teams(now 7-3 in their last 10) and they are a big size team. Bulls somehow found a way to beat them using AC as a PF guarding Zion. Great road win.

Bulls are so short handed right now though that no one else can miss games. For example if AC were to get his usual injuries then that would really screw them. Detroit tomorrow night should get another W but they need to play with the same intensity.

If the Bulls are serious about making the playoffs then they need to go on a win streak right now to catch up to the others which are 4.5- 5 games ahead.

Detroit is gonna be on a second night of a back to back, and we’ll be playing at home. We need to take care of business early so we can get guys some rest before facing Cleveland the next night (in which both teams will be on second night of b2b but we’ll be home).
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#84 » by Stratmaster » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:03 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Ayo becoming so reliable from 3 I don't close my eyes when he shoots them no more.
IKR? He is the player currently doing things we haven't seen him do before.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Re: Bulls @ Pels 6pm CT 

Post#85 » by Stratmaster » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:07 pm

Dengness9 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:
Zach was the one who needed to go all along I been calling for his head the past 2 seasons he’s a ball hogging no defense play low bbiq checker
Lol. He's still the best guard on the roster. And if he is a chucker... well, Coby says "hold my beer"

Still the best guard on the roster? Yikes. One of the least movable contracts in the L and a guy who can’t stay healthy throughout his career with a very questionable attitude and lack of leadership skills? I get that Zach at HIS BEST is the best guard on the roster. Sadly he isn’t at his best often, and you have to on the court to be the best as well.
His contract has nothing to do with what I said.

Return to Chicago Bulls