Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 3.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,270

Re: Bears 2024 3.0 

Post#1881 » by TheJordanRule » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:19 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good for him

Cousins should be able to throw the ball to Mooney better than Fields has the past 2 seasons. Hope all the best for him.

Was that really necessary?

Justin's limited ability to process was a big reason why Mooney was mostly ignored all year. You disagree?
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,144

Post#1882 » by molepharmer » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:20 pm

Mariota signs with Commanders, 1/$10mil. Not sure I understand why because they have S Howell and are expected to draft a QB. Seems a bit pricey just for some 3rd string vet.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,928

Post#1883 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:28 pm

Chi town wrote:Do we get a comp pick for Mooney signing elsewhere?

4th rounder next year
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,958

Post#1884 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:31 pm

panthermark wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:

Maybe not. And I’ve been a Fields supporter. It just didn’t click between these 2 for whatever reason.

Yeah, when I looked at Mooney's big games from 2 years ago, they were never with Justin. For whatever reason, they never clicked. In a vacuum, it would be a big knock of Fields, but then there is Moore. So I don't know, I just chalked it up to chemistry.

I like Mooney, so I hope he does well...except against us.

Mooney has never clicked period

his ceiling was 81 catches on a 141 targets for a 1k yards and 4tds but he only caught passes at 57% thats good for a 5th rd pick but not good for a starting receiver

DJ had 96 catches on a 136 targets for 1364 yards and 8 tds but he is catching passes at 70%

when you look at the success rate its even worse good for a 5th rd but if hes your #1 or #2 you are in trouble
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1885 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:32 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:
Cousins should be able to throw the ball to Mooney better than Fields has the past 2 seasons. Hope all the best for him.

Justin's limited ability to process was a big reason why Mooney was mostly ignored all year. You disagree?

Mooney got 61 targets in 14 starts but was ignored ?
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,465

Post#1886 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:38 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
This ignores what Poles has said which is if they decide to move on from Fields they would move on quickly. I dont think the plan is to turn it into a 6 week circus .If Poles were taking a qb no matter what Fields would be gone because he would not simply have this thread dangling for weeks like this .

It takes two to tango. All indications at this point are that the Bears are ready to move on but don't have a good suitor for Fields lined up.

No it doesn't if they wanted Fields gone and were ready to move on he would be gone. As I said your take 100% ignores what the Poles has said which is when they were ready to move on Fields would be gone quickly not when he finds a good suitor , when the time is right or all this other stuff.

If Poles knows right now or better yet knew yesterday that he was drafting Williams ,Daniels or Maye then Fields would be gone . You guys are spinning this into all sorts of craziness because there is no benefit to this path for Poles or the Bears by holding onto Fields at this point if you do not want him .

I don't know what to tell you. I think your take here is pretty crazy and runs counter to all recent reporting on what's happening. You don't seem to have any backup for your opinion and are just making an unsupported assertion that if they wanted to trade Fields, they would have already done it, based on just your feelings or whatever.

So if I understand correctly, you believe the Bears want to keep Justin, but refuse to say that they're going to keep him?
CROBulls
Junior
And1: 160

Post#1887 » by CROBulls » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:40 pm

Bears need now two WR's signings. Draft or FA doesnt matter. Team is shallow already on offensive weapons. If Caleb is here tommorow he has less options to throw than Fields had.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,074

Post#1888 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:44 pm

Its funny, a lot of the fans that wanted a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Fields are the same ones that scream he sucks. I dunno....

Now Poles sucks because he waited too long.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#1889 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:48 pm

CROBulls wrote:Bears need now two WR's signings. Draft or FA doesnt matter. Team is shallow already on offensive weapons. If Caleb is here tommorow he has less options to throw than Fields had.

If this team continues doing nothing, what’s stopping Caleb from just saying “nah I’m good, don’t draft me”. Maybe he wanted to wait until the 20th to see how their free agency went.

When Caleb was asked what questions he had for the Bears when they meet, his response was “Do you want to win”. I don’t think he was complimenting himself as adding him would equal winning, I think he was actually wondering if the franchise is committed to winning.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1890 » by chitownsports4ever » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:50 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
It takes two to tango. All indications at this point are that the Bears are ready to move on but don't have a good suitor for Fields lined up.

No it doesn't if they wanted Fields gone and were ready to move on he would be gone. As I said your take 100% ignores what the Poles has said which is when they were ready to move on Fields would be gone quickly not when he finds a good suitor , when the time is right or all this other stuff.

If Poles knows right now or better yet knew yesterday that he was drafting Williams ,Daniels or Maye then Fields would be gone . You guys are spinning this into all sorts of craziness because there is no benefit to this path for Poles or the Bears by holding onto Fields at this point if you do not want him .

I don't know what to tell you. I think your take here is pretty crazy and runs counter to all recent reporting on what's happening. You don't seem to have any backup for your opinion and are just making an unsupported assertion that if they wanted to trade Fields, they would have already done it, based on just your feelings or whatever.

So if I understand correctly, you believe the Bears want to keep Justin, but refuse to say that they're going to keep him?

My opinion backed by Poles comments is at the combine as well as he end of the season presser but what is your opinion backed by recent reports but not one actual quote from anyone within the Bears organization but take is crazy

I dont know what the Bears want to do all I can say that if I go by what they SAY and WHAT THEY DO it sure as heck hasnt been established at this point to be moving on from Fields.

Poles said at his presser that he would have to be wowed by a player to move on from Fields

Poles said at the combine that IF he were to decide to draft a QB #1 and Fields would be traded that he would move him quickly so precisely this time uncertainty would be avoided . But you follow some reporters and they are never wrong so at this point I should simply ignore all of that.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Post#1891 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:56 pm

Looks like Fields will be on the bears regardless of whats done with the 1st pick.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,539

Post#1892 » by fleet » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:57 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:.

That’s what it boils down to. If Fields was Poles’ quarterback, he would say so, and save Justin all this drama. There’s no strategic payoff that is believable. Last season being exhibit A.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1893 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:59 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:So if I understand correctly, you believe the Bears want to keep Justin, but refuse to say that they're going to keep him?

Doing so would maximize a potential return for the 1st pick. Regardless of the feelings of most people here, the 1st pick being traded is still an option
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#1894 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:00 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:

My opinion backed by Poles comments is at the combine as well as he end of the season presser but what is your opinion backed by recent reports but not one actual quote from anyone within the Bears organization but take is crazy

I dont know what the Bears want to do all I can say that if I go by what they SAY and WHAT THEY DO it sure as heck hasnt been established at this point to be moving on from Fields.

Poles said at his presser that he would have to be wowed by a player to move on from Fields

Poles said at the combine that IF he were to decide to draft a QB #1 and Fields would be traded that he would move him quickly so precisely this time uncertainty would be avoided . But you follow some reporters and they are never wrong so at this point I should simply ignore all of that.

I mean, yes, if on the one hand you have all of the well-connected news-breaker types saying one thing and an NFL GM (whose interest is in improving the team, not being candid) saying another, you should believe the news-breakers and not the GM.

Adam Schefter is reporting today that the Bears have been unable to move Fields because no NFL team with a starting QB slot available wants him and that all interested teams view him only as a backup. This seems more likely to be the reason Fields hasn't been traded.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#1895 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:01 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:So if I understand correctly, you believe the Bears want to keep Justin, but refuse to say that they're going to keep him?

Doing so would maximize a potential return for the 1st pick. Regardless of the feelings of most people here, the 1st pick being traded is still an option

Last season, Poles was perfectly willing to telegraph that the #1 pick was available and got a massive haul for it. Given how highly coveted Caleb is, I don't 't think Poles letting on that the pick was available would hurt his ability to trade it.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1896 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:03 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:

Last season, Poles was perfectly willing to telegraph that the #1 pick was available and got a massive haul for it. Given how highly coveted Caleb is, I don't 't think Poles letting on that the pick was available would hurt his ability to trade it.

If everyone was under the impression that they are rolling with Feilds, it potentially could. and that's all the matters. If Poles is planning all along to trade the pick, advertising that potentially devalues it to a certain extent. If the difference is a 7th, its still worth keeping fields a secret
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#1897 » by _txchilibowl_ » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:04 pm

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:Its funny, a lot of the fans that wanted a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Fields are the same ones that scream he sucks. I dunno....

Now Poles sucks because he waited too long.

Patently false.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 761

Post#1898 » by othawhitemeat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:04 pm

I just hope Poles does something. There is something good to getting value, but sometimes you need to swing a little more. The way this Justin Fields things has been handled has been not good and I'm sure he is going to get players, but sometimes bargain hunting gets nowhere.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,954

Post#1899 » by Dresden » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:05 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Atlanta signing Mooney is great for the Bears, probably takes them off the board for a WR at 8.

I was thinking that too.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#1900 » by _txchilibowl_ » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:07 pm

molepharmer wrote:Mariota signs with Commanders, 1/$10mil. Not sure I understand why because they have S Howell and are expected to draft a QB. Seems a bit pricey just for some 3rd string vet.

The expectation is that Howell is going to be traded. More JF competition.

Return to Chicago Bulls