Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 3.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,121

Re: Bears 2024 3.0 

Post#1941 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:12 pm

Drew locks the new starting Qb for Giants
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,144

Post#1942 » by molepharmer » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:14 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seeing Flus in the background on NFLnetwork now, looking fashionable, while Nix is throwing.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#1943 » by panthermark » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:15 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
panthermark wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
If this team continues doing nothing, what’s stopping Caleb from just saying “nah I’m good, don’t draft me”. Maybe he wanted to wait until the 20th to see how their free agency went.

When Caleb was asked what questions he had for the Bears when they meet, his response was “Do you want to win”. I don’t think he was complimenting himself as adding him would equal winning, I think he was actually wondering if the franchise is committed to winning.

I would hope not.
If so, dude can F off.
But I'm pretty sure he was referencing himself in terms of his leadership style.

Holding the franchise to a standard of winning would be an incredible positive for anyone coming in.

I’ve been saying for months, if Caleb to Chicago doesn’t happen, it’ll be because Caleb doesn’t want it, not the other way around.

March 20th will be telling.

Not sure what he has won at an NFL level that would lead him to believe he can "hold a franchise to a standard of winning".
But I do agree, if Caleb does not end up in Chicago, it will be because of Caleb....it might not be his decision (being that the Bears own the pick), but it will be because of him.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,928

Post#1944 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Pretty sure they still draft Caleb even if they keep Fields. But this is interesting to say the least.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#1945 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:23 pm

fleet wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
It would be if you ignored everything the man says

from the end of the season presser

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/poles-staying-open-minded-about-no-1-pick-in-draft-2024-quarterback-justin-fields

I think it's a pointless conversation. People will let their bias (regardless of what position they hold) influence what or how they read things. People are questioning why Fields hasn't been trade, then are report comes that Poles hasn't been really shopping him and all of sudden they are just saving face. Or you can look at like I do and see it as evidence that the Bears aren't leaning towards trading him.

Some people want him gone and everything they will read will confirm he's gone and vice versa

Ive asked before not talk down to other users and be respectful, and return the respect that has been given. If you’re unable to handle the request, you should not participate in this conversation. That is a strong suggestion, because you have not been willing to this point, and this is the end of that road.

I think reviewing interbal bias is pretty important in all situations. Here we're working woth about three quotes from Poles. All of them are completely ambiguous. Everyone is junping to conclusions based on their bias and constantly arguing about what Poles meant when all he said is that he is assessing the situation, open to taking this decision to April, and would potentially shut down all talks for the right player.

If anyone says, "the Bears are obviosuly going to do X," it's based completely on speculation and bias.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#1946 » by panthermark » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:24 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Also, makes them more likely to draft a WR :oops:

I don't think that knocks them out of the QB race.

Drew Lock for 1yr/$5M does not stop one from drafting a QB. Makes it more likely IMO. Same goes for Sam Darrnold for 1yr/$10M, or Gardner Minshew or any of these other guys signing with teams that need QB's.

Those guys are not "the answer", they are placeholders and insurance policies.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,319

Post#1947 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 pm

panthermark wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
panthermark wrote:I would hope not.
If so, dude can F off.
But I'm pretty sure he was referencing himself in terms of his leadership style.

Holding the franchise to a standard of winning would be an incredible positive for anyone coming in.

I’ve been saying for months, if Caleb to Chicago doesn’t happen, it’ll be because Caleb doesn’t want it, not the other way around.

March 20th will be telling.

Not sure what he has won at an NFL level that would lead him to believe he can "hold a franchise to a standard of winning".
But I do agree, if Caleb does not end up in Chicago, it will be because of Caleb....it might not be his decision (being that the Bears own the pick), but it will be because of him.

I mean, take the fandom away, and that’s how it should be.

Maybe the average Joe coming out of college is happy to get a job anywhere, but the 1% elites coming out of Ivy League schools absolutely care and review who is hiring them. If they get a bad vibe, they’ll go elsewhere. And they have 30-40 years to correct mistakes they make. Caleb has 1 contract, 2 at the most to prove himself. He should be selective, shouldn’t he?

The Bears lost their WR2 and signed a middling RB. No one is jumping for joy right now. If they get Ridley and Hunter, ok, now the checkbook has opened.

Maybe Caleb DGAF and is happy to be in the NFL, but I’d be selective if I were him.

The thing the Bears have going for them is Washington has done nothing either.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#1948 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:26 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Also, makes them more likely to draft a WR :oops:

Idk if it makes them likely to draft a WR. I think it's 50/50 between OL and WR. They desperately need both.

Honestly they also need a QB. But they have so many holes, drafting one doesn’t make too much sense. Unless they want him to sit and develop.

I would think they'll target WR because they lost a premium weapon, dont have premium receivers, and added to the QB room. But anything can happen on draft night.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1949 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:28 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:
fleet wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I think it's a pointless conversation. People will let their bias (regardless of what position they hold) influence what or how they read things. People are questioning why Fields hasn't been trade, then are report comes that Poles hasn't been really shopping him and all of sudden they are just saving face. Or you can look at like I do and see it as evidence that the Bears aren't leaning towards trading him.

Some people want him gone and everything they will read will confirm he's gone and vice versa

Ive asked before not talk down to other users and be respectful, and return the respect that has been given. If you’re unable to handle the request, you should not participate in this conversation. That is a strong suggestion, because you have not been willing to this point, and this is the end of that road.

I think reviewing interbal bias is pretty important in all situations. Here we're working woth about three quotes from Poles. All of them are completely ambiguous. Everyone is junping to conclusions based on their bias and constantly arguing about what Poles meant when all he said is that he is assessing the situation, open to taking this decision to April, and would potentially shut down all talks for the right player.

If anyone says, "the Bears are obviosuly going to do X," it's based completely on speculation and bias.

Banned!
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#1950 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:40 pm

Steelers signing Queen for 3/41 is probably the best signing of the offseason to me. Always loved his game, took a leader from a division rival.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1951 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:42 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Steelers signing Queen for 3/41 is probably the best signing of the offseason to me. Always loved his game, took a leader from a division rival.

I thought he was going to break the bank. Depending on how Wilson pans out, I would not be surprised if the Steelers end up with the best offseason based of just those two signings.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,481

Post#1952 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:42 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Steelers signing Queen for 3/41 is probably the best signing of the offseason to me. Always loved his game, took a leader from a division rival.

Man that is a steal of a contract. Bears signed Tremaine Edmunds for 4 year $64m last year. Queen is a better player.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,954

Post#1953 » by Dresden » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:46 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:
Dresden wrote:Brad Biggs today in his column quoted Poles as saying "free agency is dangerous waters", so it shouldn't be too surprising that the Bears have not done more yet. Last year we had a ton of cap money and really only made one big signing with it. So this just appears to be Poles/Bears style- they are only going to spend when they feel the deal makes perfect sense for them, and they aren't going to overpay even if it's a position of need.

And due to that, their cap will always be in a good place. They'll be able to absorb mistakes and consistently add an impact player onto the roster vs having to cut half of the team, skip some years in FA, and depend on 7th rounders consistently. I think he's done a masterful job at asset management for the team so far except for Claypool (I never liked giving up a 2nd for him, and that's without hindsight, though I understood the move).

JF is an incomplete. He may keep him. He may start him. Or we might hear on draft day that one of these teams that drafted a tier 3 QB just traded a 3rd for JF to bridge the gap.

So far he's done a good job in the draft filling holes. We'll see this year how his DT picks in the last year pan out- a lot more will be expected of them this year. But the secondary is looking very good and the O line is slowly taking shape. I do think he needs to fill out the WR's with a new QB coming in- I don't want to see Caleb hamstrung the way Fields was with a lack of targets.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#1954 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:46 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

Love this signing. Everett is so smooth
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1955 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:50 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

I fully expected him to be back in LA. Love the signing.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#1956 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:52 pm

2 yr/12 million for Everett. Nice.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1957 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:52 pm

Seems to me like Poles is filling in the hole with middle of the road guys. Maybe planning to cap of FA with a big signing and adding two more starters in the first
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,481

Post#1958 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:52 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

Depends on the contract, but I like this signing. Probably set at TE with Kmet.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#1959 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:53 pm

Everett is such a massive target but looks effortless out there.

Now the blood is flowing, keep the signings coming!
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#1960 » by patryk7754 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:54 pm

We're definitely adding at least one significant WR (probably in the draft)

Moore/Odunze(?)/Kmet/Everett/Swift

Thats pretty good group of weapons

Return to Chicago Bulls