Image ImageImage Image

PG: Free Bitim

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,366

PG: Free Bitim 

Post#1 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:07 am

Read on Twitter

Unbelievable win considering how that game was going coming off of last nights debacle.

We had great contributions by alot of players.

Drummond 17pts 26rebs 3blks
Deebo 35pts 10r 5asts
Vooch 24pts 13r
Ayo had 21pts

Coby had a dreadful game and finished with 14pts 12asts 8rebs

Big surprise of the night Onuralp Bitim 10pts 6reb tied for team high +16 of the night.

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Re: PG: Free Bitim 

Post#2 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:12 am

74 rebs is insane
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,366

Post#3 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:12 am

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,928

Post#4 » by jc23 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:12 am

Be curious, Not judgmental
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#5 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:13 am

[From the now locked Game Thread]

Kurt Heimlich wrote:I love that our dude Nocioni is back in the fandom lexicon. OB balled out and ya love to see it. But let's keep some respect on Nocs name before we crown ole ob

Using a former player as a rough comparison isn't disrespectful to the player he's being compared to.

They're both 6'7" 3-point shooting scrappy hustlers with sneaky athleticism who entered the league in their mid-20s as undrafted rookies from Europe. That's a fair comp to make without being disrespectful. No one is saying he's as good as Noch or that he'll be as good or better someday.

He's played one game lol, can't conclude anything off one game other than he's definitely earned more opportunities going forward.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,433

Post#6 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:13 am

I want to see a starting 5 of,
Onuralp Bitim
Faux-Chapu
Andres Bitcoinioni
Turkish Delight
BitMan

"THERE'S FIVE BITIM'S OUT THERE!"

*Obviously game ball goes to Drummond. He was doing a Shaq impression on these young string beans in Cleveland
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#7 » by MrSparkle » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:15 am

Man, Bulls dragged it out. Amazing win- glad to see Mitchell and the refs finally lose to the Bulls.

MVP goes to the ref that called the ridiculous 6th foul on Vuc, but I'll take it- when Drummond's on NBA Jam rebounding mode, he should close games. Period.

Demar's MVP A. Horrible shot to close the game, but alas, the guy comes up with the long-shot shots and FTs. I really don't even think refs do him any favors. He just clowns and baits defenders into the line. Dunno wtf Allen was thinking, but thank goodness. I just don't see how the Bulls offer him any less than the max on a 1-2y deal, unless he wants the 4y retirement deal (which would be crazy on Chicago's part).

Ayo with another all-around very good game. Keeping us alive from the arc with Coby still cold as hell.

Vuc had his clanks, but also loved his offensive rebounding effort tonight. Unlike anything we've seen before. He knew his shots were running short, and he really hustled after his boards.

Loved seeing Bitim finally get burn. I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but I know a decent basketball player when I see one, and this guy looked decent and pro-prepped when I first saw him, so IMO this took too long. He shoots, rebounds, passes and handles the ball, and he exerts more energy on defense than your average joe. He's taller than Jevon. I don't see any reason why Terry or Jevon play over him, unless he totally dogs it.

Coby was miserable hoisting the orange, but he was still taking hits, penetrating paint, and dishing it. 12 assists. Too many minutes IMO, but I understand that Billy needs him out there. The team did look like it was about to dissolve when he hit the bench. The +16 is no joke. We need a backup BALL-HANDLING PG (I'm on the Tyler Kolek 2nd round draft campaign).

Phillips deserves developmental minutes. #4 pick regret and optics aside, I really don't miss Pat, if Bitim and Phillips are the replacements. Of course I'd love Pat to develop into a "#4" pick Paw Claw, but the former two look more alive.

Anyone I'm missing? I think Jevon might've fallen into BIlly's doghouse with the wide-open lay-up drive that he kicked out for no reason.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#8 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:17 am

Drummond was an absolute beast, 26 rebounds is hard to even comprehend. Rodman-esque

Vuc and Demar surprisingly had some big plays on defense tonight

Demar made some huge plays in OT

Coby contributes even when his shot is off

Ayo continuing his streak of good games

Phillips had a few energy plays

And of course, Bitim played well on both ends of the court as well as hustled and rebounded well. I'm shocked Billy played him in non-garbage time and absolutely stunned that he trusted him enough to play him down the stretch of the 4th and OT. He's definitely earned another opportunity

That loss to Detroit really stings
Mk0
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:18 am

Through all the hype and good vibes lets not forget that Jevon Carter is awful and let's pray that Bitim forces Billy to put Carter in the doghouse.
Somehow the guy is both Denzel Valentine and Ben Simmons at the same time.
And he makes 7 mil a year with a player option in year 3.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mk0 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:20 am

Shout out to Vooch's quick hands. He was getting deflections and he spooked a few guys as he shaded a blitz forcing Garland and Mitchell both back to halfcourt.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#11 » by MrSparkle » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:22 am

It is pretty wild that Billy played Bitim for 16 minutes straight to close a game.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#12 » by R3AL1TY » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:31 am

This game is an example to why Billy should've trusted the young guys more in the past.. He shouldn't have to wait until certain key guys get injured.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#13 » by HomoSapien » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:32 am

The win of the season. Just huge and in some ways makes up for that unacceptable loss against Detroit.

FREE BITIM. Wow! So many people here have been asking for this guy to get a chance. It was so clear from game tape that he had a lot of talent and he confirmed it in what was basically his first game. It would not surprise me if we see him move into the starting lineup at the 4, especially if he keeps hitting the glass like that.

Andre Drummond is a freaking legend. The most underrated player in the entire NBA. The Twin Towers lineup is our best lineup. Billy needs to just embrace it. He and Vuc actually have chemistry, and it creates a lot of mismatches that often work in our favor. We've lost a ton of talent to injuries this year, but Andre Drummond actually infuses talent back onto this roster if we give him the minutes. We have an All Star on the bench, often playing 14 minutes a game. It's ridiculous.

Carter has to be removed from the rotation for Bitim. Passing up that wide-open layup was unacceptable. He's a vet.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#14 » by umfan83 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:33 am

Not to bring too much negativity to what eventually amounted to a fun win but the fact that the Bulls outrebounded the Cavs 74-39 but needed 2 OTs to win is wild.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Post#15 » by Red8911 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:34 am

This turned out to be a really fun entertaining game to watch and Bulls winning in double OT was a bonus.

I thought Vuc was the most consistent player all game long he got the job done until he fouled out.Only complaint he went 1/2 at ft line in 4th that could have won the game.

Demar 48 min on a back to back, 11 pts in 2nd OT and clutch 3 Fts to stay alive in OT. Amazing game from him, he should sleep all day tomorrow lol.

Drummond is a beast, 26 rebounds against a team that has giants like Allen and Mobley. Not only rebounds but he was scoring on them too, as did Vuc.

Coby and Ayo struggled again early on but fortunately they turned it around late in the game. They both made some key plays/shots.

We were all surprised that Bitim checked in but he immediately proved that he deserves a spot in the rotation. He looked lost a few times but overall he clearly knows how to play at this level. Idk why it took Billy so damn long to put him in though .
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#16 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:36 am

HomoSapien wrote:The win of the season. Just huge and in some ways makes up for that unacceptable loss against Detroit.

FREE BITIM. Wow! So many people here have been asking for this guy to get a chance. It was so clear from game tape that he had a lot of talent and he confirmed it in what was basically his first game. It would not surprise me if we see him move into the starting lineup at the 4, especially if he keeps hitting the glass like that.

Andre Drummond is a freaking legend. The most underrated player in the entire NBA. The Twin Towers lineup is our best lineup. Billy needs to just embrace it. He and Vuc actually have chemistry, and it creates a lot of mismatches that often work in our favor. We've lost a ton of talent to injuries this year, but Andre Drummond actually infuses talent back onto this roster if we give him the minutes. We have an All Star on the bench, often playing 14 minutes a game. It's ridiculous.

Carter has to be removed from the rotation for Bitim. Passing up that wide-open layup was unacceptable. He's a vet.

Sad to say I really liked the Jevon Carter signing. It has not worked out to say the least.

Edit: Holy hell it's worse than I thought. He has a TS% of 47 and has only had one month above 50%, and that was just barely at 51%. I swear I thought I remember him having a good few weeks early in the season.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#17 » by HomoSapien » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:39 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:The win of the season. Just huge and in some ways makes up for that unacceptable loss against Detroit.

Sad to say I really liked the Jevon Carter signing. It has not worked out to say the least.

Jevon always seemed to stand out on the Bucks. I think we **** his confidence up. He probably should've gotten to start or at least play more when Coby got off to that atrocious start (thank god he didn't) and I think when BD never increased his role even when he deserved it, it got in his head. I also don't think we expected Ayo to take this leap when we signed him. I would've preferred keeping Beverly for the minimum and putting that Jevon money elsewhere, personally.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#18 » by kodo » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:40 am

It's always been basketball insanity that Drummond doesn't start.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Post#19 » by Red8911 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:40 am

We saw Bitim play in preseason and I remember he looked solid then and I thought he would make the rotation. Idk what happened and why Billy completely threw him out until today but better late then never I guess.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#20 » by MGB8 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:43 am

38-19 FTA disparity…. Sorry to say it but that kind of disparity, either way, stinks and smells of some refs making some money on an underdog.

There have been numerous examples of underdog wins with unusual FT disparities this season, and while maybe it’s all innocent, Doneghey it stinks.

Return to Chicago Bulls