Image ImageImage Image

PG: Free Bitim

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Re: PG: Free Bitim 

Post#21 » by Red8911 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:47 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:The win of the season. Just huge and in some ways makes up for that unacceptable loss against Detroit.

FREE BITIM. Wow! So many people here have been asking for this guy to get a chance. It was so clear from game tape that he had a lot of talent and he confirmed it in what was basically his first game. It would not surprise me if we see him move into the starting lineup at the 4, especially if he keeps hitting the glass like that.

Andre Drummond is a freaking legend. The most underrated player in the entire NBA. The Twin Towers lineup is our best lineup. Billy needs to just embrace it. He and Vuc actually have chemistry, and it creates a lot of mismatches that often work in our favor. We've lost a ton of talent to injuries this year, but Andre Drummond actually infuses talent back onto this roster if we give him the minutes. We have an All Star on the bench, often playing 14 minutes a game. It's ridiculous.

Carter has to be removed from the rotation for Bitim. Passing up that wide-open layup was unacceptable. He's a vet.

Sad to say I really liked the Jevon Carter signing. It has not worked out to say the least.

Edit: Holy hell it's worse than I thought. He has a TS% of 47 and has only had one month above 50%, and that was just barely at 51%. I swear I thought I remember him having a good few weeks early in the season.

Carter isn’t THAT bad, he just hasn’t gotten it together for whatever reason.Definitely not the player we expected him to be but he’s quick, can play D and can shoot.

Maybe hasn’t developed any chemistry with his teammates , seems like he tries too hard at times and ends up doing something stpd like take a terrible shot.

I think he can eventually turn it around, need him to play at least 15 solid minutes off the bench.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#22 » by HomoSapien » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:51 am

Mk0 wrote:Through all the hype and good vibes lets not forget that Jevon Carter is awful and let's pray that Bitim forces Billy to put Carter in the doghouse.
Somehow the guy is both Denzel Valentine and Ben Simmons at the same time.
And he makes 7 mil a year with a player option in year 3.

The unfortunate thing about his contract is that it will likely cost us Drummond. If we had signed Carter to a one-year deal or signed Beverly instead, we'd have more flexibility this off season.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#23 » by nekorajo » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:57 am

Demar and Dre were big time when we needed them.

Coby with another no-show in the 1st quarter.

Bitum looks like a winner.

Julian with another solid showing.

I believe we would have lost if Vuc hadn't fouled out.

Billy was not the better coach.
AhUtopian
Junior
And1: 61

Post#24 » by AhUtopian » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 am

Jevon Carter played well before he Simmonsed himself and never got back to it.

He made couple fake , one drib and pump mid range jump shots , that's decent plays .

Sent from my SM-S9160 using RealGM mobile app
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 442

Post#25 » by greenwing » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:12 am

Wasn’t able to watch the game. Really thrilled that so many here are singing Bitim’s praises. The box score once again supports that we need to keep the twin towers going.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#26 » by Dan Z » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:24 am

Red8911 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:The win of the season. Just huge and in some ways makes up for that unacceptable loss against Detroit.

FREE BITIM. Wow! So many people here have been asking for this guy to get a chance. It was so clear from game tape that he had a lot of talent and he confirmed it in what was basically his first game. It would not surprise me if we see him move into the starting lineup at the 4, especially if he keeps hitting the glass like that.

Andre Drummond is a freaking legend. The most underrated player in the entire NBA. The Twin Towers lineup is our best lineup. Billy needs to just embrace it. He and Vuc actually have chemistry, and it creates a lot of mismatches that often work in our favor. We've lost a ton of talent to injuries this year, but Andre Drummond actually infuses talent back onto this roster if we give him the minutes. We have an All Star on the bench, often playing 14 minutes a game. It's ridiculous.

Carter has to be removed from the rotation for Bitim. Passing up that wide-open layup was unacceptable. He's a vet.

Sad to say I really liked the Jevon Carter signing. It has not worked out to say the least.

Edit: Holy hell it's worse than I thought. He has a TS% of 47 and has only had one month above 50%, and that was just barely at 51%. I swear I thought I remember him having a good few weeks early in the season.

Carter isn’t THAT bad, he just hasn’t gotten it together for whatever reason.Definitely not the player we expected him to be but he’s quick, can play D and can shoot.

Maybe hasn’t developed any chemistry with his teammates , seems like he tries too hard at times and ends up doing something stpd like take a terrible shot.

I think he can eventually turn it around, need him to play at least 15 solid minutes off the bench.

I didn't watch him much in Milwaukee, but maybe he played better when the defense was worried about Giannis and it allowed him to get better shot attempts?
AhUtopian
Junior
And1: 61

Post#27 » by AhUtopian » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:58 am

As for Bitim , imo , his ideal comparison is in the opposite of us today , aka Max Strus .

WestsideResider
Head Coach
And1: 3,092

Post#28 » by WestsideResider » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:28 am

I’ve never had a problem with KC but he’s awful at postgame interviews

Happy for Bitim, he seems like a good kid
I'm not here to argue.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#29 » by erlim » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:36 am

I have to give a little credit to AK; his (very very) few moves this year of getting end of bench guys like Bitim and Julian Phillips are pretty solid. 9 times out of 10 you get non-contributors in those kind of acquisitions.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#30 » by RSP83 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:11 am

Mk0 wrote:I want to see a starting 5 of,
Onuralp Bitim
Faux-Chapu
Andres Bitcoinioni
Turkish Delight
BitMan

"THERE'S FIVE BITIM'S OUT THERE!"

*Obviously game ball goes to Drummond. He was doing a Shaq impression on these young string beans in Cleveland

On business trip, couldn't catch the game. But ecstatic looking at all the Bitim shouts in here and on x (twitter). Will catch the game later.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#31 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:55 am

Read on Twitter
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,695

Post#32 » by Ice Man » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:06 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

A lot of teams (most?) would have phoned it in after starting 5-14 after back to back meh seasons. The fans did. They gave up on these guys. Full credit to both the players and Billy for not doing the same. The Bulls have a great attitude. If they had the talent to match, they would be a handful.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,564

Post#33 » by Andi Obst » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:16 pm

Ice Man wrote:Full credit to both the players and Billy for not doing the same. The Bulls have a great attitude. If they had the talent to match, they would be a handful.

This is so true. I don't like the front office and hate the "direction" of the franchise, but the players deserves a ton of credit.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#34 » by MrSparkle » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:28 pm

WestsideResider wrote:I’ve never had a problem with KC but he’s awful at postgame interviews

Happy for Bitim, he seems like a good kid

Ha - I like KC too, but so confused why he’s doing them.

For one thing, he criticizes this team’s ceiling constantly. Rightfully so, but I’m certain these guys hear it and don’t necessarily care for it. Granted it’s his job to commentate on the good or bad state of the Bulls.

But why don’t have a bubbly, more cheery, neutral personality to interview an exhausted competitor? :lol:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#35 » by FriedRise » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:37 pm

Ice Man wrote:A lot of teams (most?) would have phoned it in after starting 5-14 after back to back meh seasons. The fans did. They gave up on these guys. Full credit to both the players and Billy for not doing the same. The Bulls have a great attitude. If they had the talent to match, they would be a handful.

I remember when Billy first got here, he was flabbergasted at how the (mostly young) players would just give up at the first sign of adversity. They'd have a competitive game, and as soon as the other team goes on a run, they were just done.

The Bulls are a lot of things, but we can always count on them always being... competitive... no matter how stacked the odds are against them. They always go on a run and will make any game close, no matter how big the deficit is. Gutting out a W against a fully healthy second best team in the conference when you're down FIVE rotational players is no joke. They found a way to win, and last night it was by effort and rebounding the hell out of the basketball.

The only game where I felt like they were completely outclassed was that Boston game. That game required everyone to be perfect, which is a tall task for this team. But every other game they've been right there. It's malpractice that management does so little to keep adding talent to the team, because I agree that they can go pretty far with this attitude if the playing field were more leveled.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#36 » by Stratmaster » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:58 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Ice Man wrote:A lot of teams (most?) would have phoned it in after starting 5-14 after back to back meh seasons. The fans did. They gave up on these guys. Full credit to both the players and Billy for not doing the same. The Bulls have a great attitude. If they had the talent to match, they would be a handful.

I remember when Billy first got here, he was flabbergasted at how the (mostly young) players would just give up at the first sign of adversity. They'd have a competitive game, and as soon as the other team goes on a run, they were just done.

The Bulls are a lot of things, but we can always count on them always being... competitive... no matter how stacked the odds are against them. They always go on a run and will make any game close, no matter how big the deficit is. Gutting out a W against a fully healthy second best team in the conference when you're down FIVE rotational players is no joke. They found a way to win, and last night it was by effort and rebounding the hell out of the basketball.

The only game where I felt like they were completely outclassed was that Boston game. That game required everyone to be perfect, which is a tall task for this team. But every other game they've been right there. It's malpractice that management does so little to keep adding talent to the team, because I agree that they can go pretty far with this attitude if the playing field were more leveled.

Wait? When did Billy say the young players were quitters?

The Bulls don't try any more, or any less,than any other team in the NBA. On any given night....

geesh. The bar is suddenly "are the guys playing professional basketball and making millions of dollars really trying to win"?
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,424

Post#37 » by jump » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:03 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
FriedRise wrote:

Wait? When did Billy say the young players were quitters?

The Bulls don't try any more, or any less,than any other team in the NBA. On any given night....

geesh. The bar is suddenly "are the guys playing professional basketball and making millions of dollars really trying to win"?

I think he's talking about the team when Billy was first hired. Almost all of those guy are gone now.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#38 » by FriedRise » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:04 pm

Stratmaster wrote:Wait? When did Billy say the young players were quitters?

You don't remember the 20-21 season? Billy said it at almost every postgame. It was a running theme of this team for a while.

Read on Twitter
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#39 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:18 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

Everyone is so ready to tear all of this up.

I see behind all the basketball, these dudes are like genuine family they love playing with each other and i see why it's been so difficult for akme to tear them apart from each other

Akme needs to supply them with more though. If they want this to work
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#40 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:19 pm

AhUtopian wrote:As for Bitim , imo , his ideal comparison is in the opposite of us today , aka Max Strus .

Yeah that's a pretty good comp.

Return to Chicago Bulls