Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Bucks 9pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,398

Bulls vs Bucks 9pm CT 

Post#1 » by 2weekswithpay » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,237

Re: Bulls vs Bucks 9pm CT 

Post#2 » by HomoSapien » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:23 pm

Giannis is a matchup nightmare, but for us he's especially a matchup nightmare without Williams and Craig. Throwing Julian Phillips, Taylor, or Bitim on him seems suicidal. Caruso might be back for this but I don't want to see him getting injured trying to defend Giannis for 30+ minutes.

I would start Drummond against Giannis. Giannis is going to kill Drummond up and down the court, but he'll kill everyone else that way as well. With Drummond, you at least take away any size or strength advantage and if Drummond and Vuc can control the glass (reminder we just had 74 rebounds against a tall Cavs team) then we can slow down Giannis' ability to run. I would clog the paint with the Twin Towers and give up the three to Giannis, who is likely to miss 71% of his attempts.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#3 » by FriedRise » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:38 pm

I'm just here for more Onuralp Bitim.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#4 » by MrSparkle » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:49 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Giannis is a matchup nightmare, but for us he's especially a matchup nightmare without Williams and Craig. Throwing Julian Phillips, Taylor, or Bitim on him seems suicidal. Caruso might be back for this but I don't want to see him getting injured trying to defend Giannis for 30+ minutes.

I would start Drummond against Giannis. Giannis is going to kill Drummond up and down the court, but he'll kill everyone else that way as well. With Drummond, you at least take away any size or strength advantage and if Drummond and Vuc can control the glass (reminder we just had 74 rebounds against a tall Cavs team) then we can slow down Giannis' ability to run. I would clog the paint with the Twin Towers and give up the three to Giannis, who is likely to miss 71% of his attempts.

I'd atleast try it. What's the worst that'll happen? We out-rebound them by 30?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#5 » by FriedRise » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:02 pm

Also curious about how the Doc Rivers Bucks are doing.

Griffin (31-14):
ORTG: 120.1 (3rd)
DRTG: 116.5 (19th)
NRTG: 3.7 (10th)

Rivers (8-8):
ORTG: 114.7 (16th) <-- closer to us @ 114.2
DRTG: 110 (6th)
NRTG: 4.7 (8th)

They seem to have been playing better defense, but their offense fell off. They've now rattled off 4 Ws in a row, though the last 3 were against Philly and Charlotte. The NRTG is higher, but I feel like that's such a high variance of offense/defense when coaches usually have a more limited impact.
bullskokie
Senior
And1: 242

Post#6 » by bullskokie » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:04 pm

Bitim will have 12pts, 5rebs 3-5 3pt fg tonight.. bank it!
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,434

Post#7 » by Mk0 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 9:31 pm

FriedRise wrote:I'm just here for more Onuralp Bitim.

whodat?
Oh! You mean Andres Newcioni
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#8 » by Chi town » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:05 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Giannis is a matchup nightmare, but for us he's especially a matchup nightmare without Williams and Craig. Throwing Julian Phillips, Taylor, or Bitim on him seems suicidal. Caruso might be back for this but I don't want to see him getting injured trying to defend Giannis for 30+ minutes.

Or Drummond fouls out in first 5 mins
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,237

Post#9 » by HomoSapien » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:14 pm

This board will go ape **** when Billy plays Bitim five minutes tonight.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,856

Post#10 » by dougthonus » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:34 pm

WhyTF is this game on at 9pm CT?
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#11 » by MrSparkle » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:34 pm

Chi town wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

Or Drummond fouls out in first 5 mins

Last time, Drummond had 16 rebounds 14 minutes, in an OT game that we lost.

We also had Pat and Craig available, but I don't think Billy has a choice this time. He's gonna have to play Drummond until he fouls out.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#12 » by Mk0 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:38 pm

dougthonus wrote:WhyTF is this game on at 9pm CT?

ESPN has Dallas/Boston first
Also, wtf this game is on ESPN?
Mk0
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mk0 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:39 pm

I need to see Ayo on Dame. Of all the matchups we have tonight that is the one that interests me the most. Giannis is gonna travel/carry his way to the rack all night on us.. whatever. I wanna see how we deal with Dame.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,856

Post#14 » by dougthonus » Fri Mar 1, 2024 11:14 pm

Mk0 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:WhyTF is this game on at 9pm CT?

ESPN has Dallas/Boston first
Also, wtf this game is on ESPN?

It makes no sense to put us on a national game in a non natural time slot. Pick a different national game or play it at its normal time.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,671

Post#15 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:16 am

FriedRise wrote:I'm just here for more Onuralp Bitim.

meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,008

Post#16 » by meekrab » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:18 am

Since the ASG the Bucks have seemingly been playing incredibly good defense, but I think that's mostly due to playing the Hornets twice and the 76ers without Embiid? I doubt Doc turned them into a competent defensive team in two practices or whatever, but they did hold KAT and Edwards to one point per shot, so we'll see. With Caruso playing I think it could be pretty close.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#17 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:28 am

meekrab wrote:Since the ASG the Bucks have seemingly been playing incredibly good defense, but I think that's mostly due to playing the Hornets twice and the 76ers without Embiid? I doubt Doc turned them into a competent defensive team in two practices or whatever, but they did hold KAT and Edwards to one point per shot, so we'll see. With Caruso playing I think it could be pretty close.
I hope you're right. The .500 record under Rivers is pretty deceptive. They lost 5 out of 6 on a tough west coast road trip.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Mk0
RealGM

Post#18 » by Mk0 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:34 am

Stratmaster wrote:
meekrab wrote:Since the ASG the Bucks have seemingly been playing incredibly good defense, but I think that's mostly due to playing the Hornets twice and the 76ers without Embiid? I doubt Doc turned them into a competent defensive team in two practices or whatever, but they did hold KAT and Edwards to one point per shot, so we'll see. With Caruso playing I think it could be pretty close.
I hope you're right. The .500 record under Rivers is pretty deceptive. They lost 5 out of 6 on a tough west coast road trip.

I am not worried about the Bucks. Under Doc they have just been bum slaying. We will be fine.
*looks in the mirror*
F#@K
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#19 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:03 am

We have been playing the Bucks pretty close and got some good wins vs them. We on national TV and at home. I think we all show up. I expect a bounce back performance from coby White. He is over due.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#20 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:10 am

Mk0 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:

I am not worried about the Bucks. Under Doc they have just been bum slaying. We will be fine.
*looks in the mirror*
F#@K
Well played

Return to Chicago Bulls