Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Bucks 9pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Re: Bulls vs Bucks 9pm CT 

Post#181 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:46 am

Well.... Bitim in 2 games averaging over 8 rebounds per 36. Ayo was pretty good and knew how to address the cheap play without saying a word or getting himself ejected. Anybody got anything else positive?

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,671

Post#182 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:51 am

HomoSapien wrote:I just don't understand the roster construction. Even if we were a playoff team, there's a good chance we'd have to go through the Bucks at some point. You'd think they'd have that in mind and want to add someone who could at least match up against Giannis.

Giannis is going to get his, and of course it takes mores than one player, but Pat was always solid against him. His strength and not being an overly aggressive defender looking to create to's is the ideal Giannis defender. Torrey Craig also was out.

Drummond made sense but my god, Giannis made him look like an amateur.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,383

Post#183 » by pipfan » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:51 am

I stopped watching early in the 4th. We've been entertaining most of the year, but tonight was not a fun game to watch. Bad refs sure, but Milw is CLEARLY much better than us
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#184 » by Dan Z » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:52 am

HomoSapien wrote:I just don't understand the roster construction. Even if we were a playoff team, there's a good chance we'd have to go through the Bucks at some point. You'd think they'd have that in mind and want to add someone who could at least match up against Giannis.

I agree, which makes me wonder...who could they have added in the off season?
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#185 » by Stratmaster » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:55 am

Dan Z wrote:

I agree, which makes me wonder...who could they have added in the off season?
Or last trade deadline? Or the off season before that.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#186 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:57 am

Jevon Carter over Beverley
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#187 » by HomoSapien » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:06 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:

Giannis is going to get his, and of course it takes mores than one player, but Pat was always solid against him. His strength and not being an overly aggressive defender looking to create to's is the ideal Giannis defender. Torrey Craig also was out.

We're definitely missing Williams and Craig, but even then a glaring omission from this roster is that 6'10 athletic F/C type.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#188 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:09 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:

We're definitely missing Williams and Craig, but even then a glaring omission from this roster is that 6'10 athletic F/C type.

Agreed. Tough players to find though.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#189 » by HomoSapien » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:20 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:

Agreed. Tough players to find though.

It is, but we keep wasting roster spots on the wrong type of end-of-bench bigs. Terry Taylor is 6'4". Alize Johnson was 6'7". Simonvic should never have been in the NBA. Guys like Darius Bazley, Vonleh, Labissiere, DJ Wilson are perpetually available. Of course, none of those guys are stopping Giannis, but at least they have the right combo of size, quickness, and athleticism to compete.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#190 » by FriedRise » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:23 am

Chippy game yes and the refs were obviously very one-sided, but that's nothing new against the Bucks. It honestly should've been expected.

We have 2 PFs on the roster and both of them are out injured, so letting Giannis do what he did was inevitable. The thing that lost them the game were DeMar and Vooch losing their composure and letting Bobby Portis get under their skin. It was an 8pt game early in the 4th and the Bucks only had gotten Giannis going. Everybody else on the Bucks was off. That was a game that would've gone down to the wire if the refs didn't do their thing.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,008

Post#191 » by meekrab » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:55 am

DeMar getting owned by Pat Bev has gotta be eating him alive tonight.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#192 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:19 am

meekrab wrote:DeMar getting owned by Pat Bev has gotta be eating him alive tonight.

In the scoring department he was off from the start. It did not take much for the frustrations to boil over, Bev is always the right player for that.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#193 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:21 am

Next up, 4 game west coast trip.

Kings, Jazz, Warriors, Clips. Hope they can get 2 wins.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#194 » by RSP83 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:33 am

on to the next game, this was the game I already counted as loss anyway.

+1 on the outcome of the Carter signing turning into a zero added value signing:
- Coby and Ayo is 2-3 times the player that Carter is.
- Veteran leadership non-existent (compared to see Pat Bev today)
- Defensively meh

With Craig already out about half of the season so far (miss 27 out of 60 games played so far), the summer signing is looking really bad.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#195 » by RSP83 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:34 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
meekrab wrote:DeMar getting owned by Pat Bev has gotta be eating him alive tonight.

In the scoring department he was off from the start. It did not take much for the frustrations to boil over, Bev is always the right player for that.

That mileage is really piling on Demar.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#196 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:04 am

RSP83 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:

That mileage is really piling on Demar.

Leading the league in minutes played, Coby is not far behind. The Bulls have needed them, and they want it.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,697

Post#197 » by Ice Man » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:30 pm

Between them, the two rosters have 29 OK NBA players and Giannis. He is the sole difference between the two squads. Take him off the Bucks and have them play the Bulls 80 times, each team would win 40.

Barring a miraculous visit to the Fountain of Youth by Dame and Khris, the Bucks aren't going anywhere this playoffs. Their window is gone.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,849

Post#198 » by dougthonus » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:32 pm

HomoSapien wrote:We're definitely missing Williams and Craig, but even then a glaring omission from this roster is that 6'10 athletic F/C type.

Given how much they believed in Ayo based on his contract (and were right), they should have used Carter's money on whomever the best PF available was. Maybe Phillips develops quickly and is that guy next year already, but maybe he doesn't develop at all too.

Either way, we've always had very poor roster balance. It seems like they just believe in playing with a variety of big guard but no real size. Against the non elite PFs, that philosophy probably works pretty well.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#199 » by League Circles » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:19 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:

I'm guessing Taj Gibson would instantly be the best such type of defender on the Bulls if we signed him now. But maybe that's laughable, I'm out of touch.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,938

Post#200 » by ChettheJet » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:18 pm

Can you see my hand, palm down about 5 inches from the floor? TOO SMALL

This is sickening for Billy to keep doing. Yeah we all love AC, we want him to be DPoY or at least 1st team All League Defense again and raise his trade value so he deserves to start. But come ON, he's a 6-5 guard and expecting him to use his hands like a pair of magic wands and do anything to even slow down the 7 foot MVP is just asinine. Start Drummond so he or Vuc can switch off on Lopez or even Taylor or Phillips, that's 12 fouls and maybe the height and width makes it tougher on the big guy.

This game shows what the Bulls would be playing in to only it will be worse in May and why running it back with so many guards on the roster was the wrong move and needs to be the first or second thing addressed during the off season.

Return to Chicago Bulls