Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Jazz. 8 PM CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,394

Bulls @ Jazz. 8 PM CT 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:59 pm

The Bulls, coming off another quality win, head down to Utah looking for another W.

Jazz are 2-8 in their last 10, with those wins having come against the Wizards and the Spurs.

Hoping the Bulls can come in and take care of business early - you don't want to get in a situation where you give the Jazz confidence because they have a number of guys who can get hot - Lauri, Clarkson, and Sexton in particular.

Hoping we can get more from our bench - could see Drummond having a big night.

Also just realizing Lauri is out with injury - certainly beneficial for the Bulls.

You gotta win the games you should win. Beating teams like New Orleans and Sacramento is great - but if you just turn around and lose to a Detroit it doesn't mean much.
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,991

Re: Bulls @ Jazz. 8 PM CT 

Post#2 » by Bulliever2020 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:01 pm

This has Bulls letdown L coming off the heels of a big W written all over it
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#3 » by FriedRise » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:34 pm

Read on Twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,849

Post#4 » by dougthonus » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:48 pm

Should be an easy win. I know people will bring up the Pistons, but normal shooting in that game and we'd have won by 14. So barring some kind of 7% from 3 or other record breaking awful anomaly, I think we got this one in the bag.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
rjforniss
Sophomore
And1: 179

Post#5 » by rjforniss » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:02 pm

Just win! And then win the warriors tomorrow.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#6 » by HomoSapien » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:15 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jazz are tanking. Needs to be a win. I think the team is starting to turn the corner and get more serious.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,102

Post#7 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:13 pm

We’ve lost plenty of these types of games before but this is a must win on the first night of a back to back if we want to push for the 8th seed.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,554

Post#8 » by PaKii94 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:38 pm

If bulls lose this game.....

Was so excited for this game beginning of the season. Now it's a worthless game for both teams. At this point Utah is trying to lose while chi is trying to win and both have a lot of rotation mins out
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#9 » by madvillian » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:42 pm

PaKii94 wrote:If bulls lose this game.....

Was so excited for this game beginning of the season. Now it's a worthless game for both teams. At this point Utah is trying to lose while chi is trying to win and both have a lot of rotation mins out

You follow the jazz a bit? What exactly are they trying to do? Seems like they have some decent young players.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#10 » by PaKii94 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 8:59 pm

madvillian wrote:

You follow the jazz a bit? What exactly are they trying to do? Seems like they have some decent young players.

Aingw pivoted to tank again at the trade deadline. Their pick is top 10 protected to OKC. Apparently he was trying to be a buyer of a star at the deadline but it didn't finalize. My guess is he's trying to add another pick to make a blockbuster trade in the offseason.

Right now the jazz have zero wings on the roster and are playing 3 raw rookies heavy mins. Their anchor like vuc is Jordan clarkson. Their one legitimate player in Lauri is out. This should be an easy win....
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#11 » by GoBlue72391 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:23 pm

Sucks that Lauri is out, but should makes things a lot easier for us.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,394

Post#12 » by drosestruts » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:47 pm

Lauri and Kessler out. Olynyk traded at the deadline, I legit had to look up who their starting center is - John Collins.

Backup center is Yurtsteven - just another guy who looked full of promise in Miami, goes somewhere else, and is wallpaper.

Our bigs have the potential to dominate. Will they is the question. Wouldn't mind the two big lineup tonight.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,236

Post#13 » by HomoSapien » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:30 pm

Kris Dunn revenge game alert.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,438

Post#14 » by aguifs » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:46 pm

Oh boy
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#15 » by Dan Z » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:29 am

If Utah decides to tank again next season do you think Lauri will ask to be traded?
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#16 » by GrowingHorns » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:15 am

Dan Z wrote:

If Utah decides to tank again next season do you think Lauri will ask to be traded?

That would seem uncharacteristic for him. But who knows if he just takes a risk with money and declines extension, and waits for FA 2025. I doubt it as well.

There's no chance Bulls Lose this one. Clarkson will drop 30 but that's it.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#17 » by PaKii94 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:18 am

GrowingHorns wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

That would seem uncharacteristic for him. But who knows if he just takes a risk with money and declines extension, and waits for FA 2025. I doubt it as well.

I think the jazz plan is to sign him to a max extension. But if they pull a third year gutting the team, I could see Lauri trying to move. It's frustrating seeing how elite Lauri can be with competent players around him and then pulling the rug out from under him to make him create like he's LeBron. That's just not his game.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#18 » by madvillian » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:20 am

PaKii94 wrote:
GrowingHorns wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

I think the jazz plan is to sign him to a max extension. But if they pull a third year gutting the team, I could see Lauri trying to move. It's frustrating seeing how elite Lauri can be with competent players around him and then pulling the rug out from under him to make him create like he's LeBron. That's just not his game.

seriously flashbacks to a prior era of Bulls ball and Realgm debates.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#19 » by PaKii94 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:20 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

That's about the handicap bulls have going in with the (lack of) 3 point shot. So at least the game should be competitive. Just how AK likes it
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#20 » by PaKii94 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:22 am

madvillian wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
GrowingHorns wrote:

seriously flashbacks to a prior era of Bulls ball and Realgm debates.

Yup. Seeing THT/clarkson/Sexton brought me back to the young helpless coby/lavine backcourt. And then them trying to force develop Hendricks right now is like when bulls tried to make WCJ a hub. History is repeating itself.

Return to Chicago Bulls