Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Warriors. 9pm CT: Bulls Return to NorCal

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,830

Re: Bulls @ Warriors. 9pm CT: Bulls Return to NorCal 

Post#161 » by Jcool0 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:52 am

Jvaughn wrote:The thing that is angering about this current turnaround is that the FO didn't do anything to improve this team at the break, so even at this rate, we're either a quick first round out, or we don't even make it out the Play-in. So essentially it cements our treadmill status.

This reads like you are dismissing the fact they are 26-18 since December 1st because they didn't make the trade you wanted.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 776

Post#162 » by ThreeMileAllan » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:01 am

Jcool0 wrote:
nekorajo wrote:Will Purdue's postgame analysis:
-Bulls are playing their best bball of the season.
-Patton (shooting coach) is the MVP of the team.
-Caruso was the unsung hero of the game.

The kind of insight only a casual fan could give you.
hey I like Perdue. Gill and Perdue have really taken the mantle of the post game show

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#163 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:11 am

RastaBull wrote:Really interested to see what DDR can do against all the great length and defense of Clips. Expect it to be hard on him.

Samectooen, how do we defend all those big wings? Can AC stick to Kawhi?? Ayo on PG? White on Harden.

Size is gonna be tough to overcome. A win would be just mind-boggling awesome … keeping it close and preventing blow out will take a really great effort in itself.
Kind of asking the seemingly impossible based on metrics & the good ol eyetest. But if Deebo & Vooch could have a once-in-a-lifetime shooting 3's game we have a puncher's chance.
For example, if Deebo could go 4-5 & Vooch 6-10 that's 30 xtra points for shooters the Clips will probably ignore on the perimeter.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,695

Post#164 » by Ice Man » Fri Mar 8, 2024 12:49 pm

It's a shame that we are unlikely to escape being the 8th seed, should we win in the play-ins. I would like to see this team's chances in the playoffs against a team not named "Boston." We are playing well enough to put a scare in the rest of them.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#165 » by Jeffster81 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 1:06 pm

:o :eek1:

I see you Bulls.
SouthernBull
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#166 » by SouthernBull » Fri Mar 8, 2024 1:42 pm

jc23 wrote:Good job Bulls, steph or no steph its tough to win on the road.

I know he left the game early, but he played 30 minutes last night. This wasn't a win over a depleted team, we were both on the 2nd night of a back to back.

Just a good win
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,682

Post#167 » by sco » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:21 pm

Kudos on another road win, a B2B one no less! Now to be fair, GS had one too, but still. Opponents are in trouble if Vuc and Demar can both go 3-6 from 3. The key seemed to be keeping a lid on Curry defensively. We kept them at 26% from 3.

Demar looked to be back in peak form. Good for him. I think the team feeds off of his strong play.

Vuc keeps proving me right, that he is actually good against teams without a rim protecting C.

Coby had a decent game.
:clap:
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,395

Post#168 » by drosestruts » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:23 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:The thing that is angering about this current turnaround is that the FO didn't do anything to improve this team at the break, so even at this rate, we're either a quick first round out, or we don't even make it out the Play-in. So essentially it cements our treadmill status.

This reads like you are dismissing the fact they are 26-18 since December 1st because they didn't make the trade you wanted.

I would also add that statements upset we didn't make a trade lack a great deal of context. Our players really fall into 3 buckets:

1. Actively contributing to our success
2. Injured for the year so little value to anyone
3. Borderline NBA level players

Trading someone from group one leads to the potential where we're plugging on hole to create another.

Getting anything of value from groups 2 and 3 is going to be unlikely.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,395

Post#169 » by drosestruts » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:33 pm

DeMar DeRozan is going to play himself into another All-NBA season.

There's a reason the season is 82 games. It's not 20 games, it's not 40 games. You have to play all 82. And like others have said, since December we've been the 4th best team in the East.

This win streak has been a lot of fun and definitley has me excited to see what moves we can make before the end of the season in the standings - i know a number of people have been schedule watching in addition to me, I would also like to point out that we play the Knicks 3 more times. Those games could be HUGE.

Are the Clippers playing well? Yes. You know who else has been playing wel - the pelicans, kings, and warriors.

Maximum drama - 76ers finish the season in 9th. Knicks in 8th. Us in 7th. We host the Knicks in a single game play-in game after beating them 3 times in the final 6 games of the season. NBA script writers - lock it in. You want ratings - that game would have huge ratings.

DeMar - 3rd-team All NBA
Coby - MIP

Bulls - the team no one wants to see in the 1st round
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#170 » by RSP83 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:05 pm

First, I just want to see us hit the .500 mark. It frustrates me that we couldn't hit this earlier.

After that, I think this team is going to play hard and steal some wins. It's that time of the year, where players like Demar will shift to another gear.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#171 » by FriedRise » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:20 pm

Missed the game, just watched it this morning.

Damn what a gutsy performance. Predicted the Warriors were gonna make their typical run in the 3rd after being down at halftime, but we ended up winning that quarter. The meltdown didn't happen until the 4th when we turned the ball over a bajillion times in a row, but they still somehow pulled out a W. Thank you Pod for missing that layup lmao.

My most optimistic self would never have predicted 3 road wins in a row against Kings, Jazz, and Warriors, but here we are. Next one @ Clippers will be hard, but DeMar usually goes/stays super saiyan (RIP Akira Toriyama) in LA. Clippers were one of the hottest teams in the league not too long ago, but they're cooling down a bit. I smell another clutch game.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#172 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:25 pm

I just want to go 2-2 in the next 4 then get over .500 after that. I just want to be over .500 to end the season.

After that I'm satisfied wherever we land. Go into next season able to flip lavine and possibly Patrick Williams for assets and depth. Then who knows.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#173 » by RSP83 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:45 pm

FriedRise wrote:Missed the game, just watched it this morning.

Damn what a gutsy performance. Predicted the Warriors were gonna make their typical run in the 3rd after being down at halftime, but we ended up winning that quarter. The meltdown didn't happen until the 4th when we turned the ball over a bajillion times in a row, but they still somehow pulled out a W. Thank you Pod for missing that layup lmao.

My most optimistic self would never have predicted 3 road wins in a row against Kings, Jazz, and Warriors, but here we are. Next one @ Clippers will be hard, but DeMar usually goes/stays super saiyan (RIP Akira Toriyama) in LA. Clippers were one of the hottest teams in the league not too long ago, but they're cooling down a bit. I smell another clutch game.

RIP.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#174 » by Chi town » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:53 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
RastaBull wrote:Real shot at the 8th seed .. which would give a legit chance for winning play in as 7. Could be huge. (Especially if Cavs are 2 for and spicy matchup and chance at seeing twin towers)

They are 4.5 games away from 6th. IF they continue winning they could even reach that but I agree 8th is probably more realistic and that should be the goal.

The Bulls have 19 more games to go. The Pacers have 18.

If the Pacers play .500 the rest of the way (their overall record is .547) that means they'll have a record of 44-38.

The Bulls will have to go 14-5 the rest of the way to reach 45 wins and end up ahead of them in the standings.

Exactly. Only way we move up is if someone tanks.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#175 » by Chi town » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:56 pm

Ice Man wrote:It's a shame that we are unlikely to escape being the 8th seed, should we win in the play-ins. I would like to see this team's chances in the playoffs against a team not named "Boston." We are playing well enough to put a scare in the rest of them.

Boston would destroy us.

MIL without Pat and hobbled Craig would destroy us.

Sixers with Embiid would destroy us.

Everyone else we could beat.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#176 » by Chi town » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:01 pm

drosestruts wrote:DeMar DeRozan is going to play himself into another All-NBA season.

There's a reason the season is 82 games. It's not 20 games, it's not 40 games. You have to play all 82. And like others have said, since December we've been the 4th best team in the East.

This win streak has been a lot of fun and definitley has me excited to see what moves we can make before the end of the season in the standings - i know a number of people have been schedule watching in addition to me, I would also like to point out that we play the Knicks 3 more times. Those games could be HUGE.

Are the Clippers playing well? Yes. You know who else has been playing wel - the pelicans, kings, and warriors.

Maximum drama - 76ers finish the season in 9th. Knicks in 8th. Us in 7th. We host the Knicks in a single game play-in game after beating them 3 times in the final 6 games of the season. NBA script writers - lock it in. You want ratings - that game would have huge ratings.

DeMar - 3rd-team All NBA
Coby - MIP

Bulls - the team no one wants to see in the 1st round

Sweeping the Knicks and Thibs and then knocking them out of the playoffs would be glorious.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,756

Post#177 » by DuckIII » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:10 pm

Jcool0 wrote:

In hate to be a Debbie Downer because I’m surprised and impressed with how this team just keeps getting it done. It gives me a lot of excitement for the future.

But I absolutely do dismiss the 26-18 record as it might translate to a playoff series. We have no depth, no roster diversity, and extremely limited options to adjust and counter adjust over the course of a 7 game series against a superior team. We are not the “team no one wants to face in the playoffs.” We are very poorly constructed for the postseason even when healthy, and wracked with injuries like we are it’s all that much worse.

We are one and done chum in the water. But that doesn’t mean these guys have not earned our respect and admiration for the battle and player improvement. Love these guys.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 909

Post#178 » by HearshotKDS » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:11 pm

Damn missed a good one it looks like! I cant make these late start games - i got kids and work and 9 pm start is too late for me beyond once every week or two and i stayed up for the Kings game. Will have to watch the highlights on this one but was big happy about the score!
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,756

Post#179 » by DuckIII » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:16 pm

drosestruts wrote:Coby - MIP

He has closed the gap on the betting odds (as has Kuminga who is right behind him), but it’s hard to imagine it not going to Maxey.

In many years Coby would be the favorite though. A remarkable leap regardless.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#180 » by RSP83 » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:45 pm

DuckIII wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Coby - MIP

He has closed the gap on the betting odds (as has Kuminga who is right behind him), but it’s hard to imagine it not going to Maxey.

In many years Coby would be the favorite though. A remarkable leap regardless.

If Sixers keep falling and ends up below us, then I think Coby have a strong case over Maxey.

Return to Chicago Bulls