Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Clippers, 3pm CT: West Coast Road Trip Finale

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,106

Re: Bulls @ Clippers, 3pm CT: West Coast Road Trip Finale 

Post#81 » by jordanwilliams6 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:32 am

Just not enough tonight. There’s no shame in that. Clippers are a top 5 team in the league and we’re relying on guys playing some very heavy minutes in the last game of a back to back.

Despite that, we were still in a position to take this game.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 752

Post#82 » by Charlesareed » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:35 am

This bulls team is just too small to match up with most teams and don’t have enough depth due to injuries not enough defensive or offensive players on this team either bones came in and hit what 3 huge 3s for the clippers off the bench
Chicago Raised me
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Post#83 » by Red8911 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:03 am

Didn’t expect them to win all 4 west trip games, don’t even think the better Bulls teams ever did that either.

Clippers are a tough team to beat especially away, they get them again soon next week so hopefully they get their revenge at home.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#84 » by Chi town » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:13 am

Really well played game for 3 quarters.

If Vuc can keep making 3s that’s a big help.

Coby doesn’t have legs. Short on a lot of shots late.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#85 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:53 am

aguifs wrote:All the props to Ty Lue. He made a poorly built roster find ways to win.

It feels like most coaches could make 202 million work out ok.
rosenthall
Senior
And1: 289

Post#86 » by rosenthall » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:50 am

The team's depth is very concerning right now.

All of our starters played 35+ minutes. Right now Drummond is the only guy from the bench I'd trust to play impactful minutes in a big game.

Coby really seems like he's redlining. We're one rolled ankle away from being a lame duck team.
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 852

Post#87 » by Bullflip » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:06 am

I think they just ran out of gas. Derozan and Coby are logging in way too many minutes but I don’t blame Billy. He just doesn’t have enough bench support to lessen their load
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#88 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:30 am

All I saw was Paul George and Kawhi working our little wings. Size played a factor in this loss. The mismatches led to so many open 3s.

Was a good effort, but our lack of depth/size show ed up.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,052

Post#89 » by erlim » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:25 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:All I saw was Paul George and Kawhi working our little wings. Size played a factor in this loss. The mismatches led to so many open 3s.

Was a good effort, but our lack of depth/size show ed up.

We absolutely will not take on guys over 6’6”. Billy and AK have a fetish for playing SGs out of position in the front court.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,707

Post#90 » by Ice Man » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:20 pm

The second half was a combination of running out of gas and being smacked in the mouth by a superior team, at home, that was turning it on. This was the key stretch, with the Bulls up 67-57 -

Miss
Miss
Miss
TO
Miss
Made (DDR)
Made 2 FTs (DDR)
TO
TO
Miss

At which point the Clippers took the lead. Three of the misses and one of the TOs came from Vuc, which brings me to the second half of my post. Any game in which Vuc takes the most shots, on either team, is likely to be a Bulls loss. He had 22 shots yesterday. DeMar was 2nd with 19, and nobody on the Clippers had more than 16. That is exactly what the opposition wants. As with Boozer before him, Vuc is the weak scoring link on the Bulls -- a low-efficiency shooter who thinks that he his high efficiency, and whom therefore the opposing defense can goad into taking too many shots.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,684

Post#91 » by sco » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:43 pm

Ice Man wrote:The second half was a combination of running out of gas and being smacked in the mouth by a superior team, at home, that was turning it on. This was the key stretch, with the Bulls up 67-57 -

Miss
Miss
Miss
TO
Miss
Made (DDR)
Made 2 FTs (DDR)
TO
TO
Miss

At which point the Clippers took the lead. Three of the misses and one of the TOs came from Vuc, which brings me to the second half of my post. Any game in which Vuc takes the most shots, on either team, is likely to be a Bulls loss. He had 22 shots yesterday. DeMar was 2nd with 19, and nobody on the Clippers had more than 16. That is exactly what the opposition wants. As with Boozer before him, Vuc is the weak scoring link on the Bulls -- a low-efficiency shooter who thinks that he his high efficiency, and whom therefore the opposing defense can goad into taking too many shots.

I will chime in and say, beyond the good/bad opponent thing, we don't do well against teams with decent rim protection, which LAC did. We are so much better off in those situations giving Drummond a lot more run.
:clap:
kdapiton
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#92 » by kdapiton » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:38 pm

it was gonna be a really unlikely game to win and we were bound to come down form the 3 game high. Hoping for a good outcome against DAL and IND.

That 5-14 start is really freaking hard to get over. Real shame.
we go jim
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#93 » by Stratmaster » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:50 pm

Ice Man wrote:The second half was a combination of running out of gas and being smacked in the mouth by a superior team, at home, that was turning it on. This was the key stretch, with the Bulls up 67-57 -

Miss
Miss
Miss
TO
Miss
Made (DDR)
Made 2 FTs (DDR)
TO
TO
Miss

Interesting comment on Vuc. The Bulls started the season 5-10. If you recall, Vuc threw a fit about not being a big enough part of the offense. I think it was after game 1. But it may have been after the Detroit loss in game 3. I don't recall. But in games 4 through 15, Vuc took the most shots in 9 of them. The Bulls were 2-7 in those games.

I don't have time to go through every game of the season, and I don't have a stat service that can give me the number. It would be interesting to see what the Bulls record is in games when Vuc takes the most shots. This year, and for his entire time with the Bulls.

You would expect it to be really good, right?

"It's a simple game"
"Mouse in the house"
"Have to see the mismatch in the post"

Etc. Etc.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,707

Post#94 » by Ice Man » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:23 pm

The Bulls are 11-14 when Vuc takes the most shots on the team (or ties for the most), which isn't far off their overall record. So perhaps I should tone down my criticism of Vuc's shot attempts.

That said, it's not actually a "simple game." :wink:
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,293

Post#95 » by prolific passer » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:29 pm

.500 record eludes the bulls to the max.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#96 » by Stratmaster » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:29 pm

Ice Man wrote:The Bulls are 11-14 when Vuc takes the most shots on the team (or ties for the most), which isn't far off their overall record. So perhaps I should tone down my criticism of Vuc's shot attempts.

That said, it's not actually a "simple game." :wink:
Those kind of numbers usually reflect the team as a whole once sample size gets to where it needs to be. It's really difficult for 1 player to dramatically affect the team dynamic, unless they are a superstar carrying their team to wins.

FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#97 » by FriedRise » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:03 pm

Damn, Zach came back and we went back to losing?

I kid, I kid.
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#98 » by Stratmaster » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:33 pm

FriedRise wrote:Damn, Zach came back and we went back to losing?

I kid, I kid.
He's poisoning the atmosphere

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#99 » by weneeda2guard » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:35 pm

Schedule softens up some after these next 4. If we can go 2-2 in that span then we should catch and pass .500
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"

Return to Chicago Bulls