Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Mavs 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,710

Re: Bulls vs Mavs 7pm CT 

Post#81 » by Ice Man » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:07 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:
WCJ. If you gave every playoff team the choice between Vuc and WCJ, WCJ would win easily. Being better defensively goes a long way.

WCJ is not better than Vuc and never will be. Waiting for Vuc to have a bad game still doesn’t change the facts.

Carter is and always will be a role player, pretty soon he will be coming off the bench no matter what teams he’s on and he’s only 24 years old.

I still can’t believe the Bulls tanked a whole damn year just to draft Wendell Fkn Carter.
Well said

It would be worse yet to have been Phoenix or the Kings and drafted Deandre Effing Ayton or Marvin Effing Bagley, while passing on Luka Effing Doncic. By the way, I recently watched a video of Luka's first NBA game and as a side point the announcer was gushing on what a great player Ayton was going to be. A NBA scout had recently told him that Ayton was "David Robinson with a jump shot."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,154

Post#82 » by MrSparkle » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Look- no doubt Vuc is “better” than Wendell.

The question is whether high-usage Vuc on 52%/28% splits and liability rim protection/help defense is better than ultra low-usage Wendell on 62%/40% (FG/3P) with better defense.

I believe it’s arguable. Period. It’s not a discussion we should be having, considering Vuc’s salary, all-star history, trade cost and high volume of shots.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#83 » by Dan Z » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
2weekswithpay wrote:
WCJ. If you gave every playoff team the choice between Vuc and WCJ, WCJ would win easily. Being better defensively goes a long way.

WCJ is not better than Vuc and never will be. Waiting for Vuc to have a bad game still doesn’t change the facts.

Carter is and always will be a role player, pretty soon he will be coming off the bench no matter what teams he’s on and he’s only 24 years old.

I still can’t believe the Bulls tanked a whole damn year just to draft Wendell Fkn Carter.
Well said

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app

If I remember correct the Bulls didn't properly tank that year. That was the year when Mirotic went off for a month or two...right? Or was that the Kilpatrick season?

Then they won the coin flip. Had they lost...the Bulls would've picked #2. A lot of things didn't work out, but it's also possible that, if they get #2, that they pick Marvin Bagley. Ugh.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bulls/bulls-win-lottery-coin-toss-with-kings/

Also, I thought for sure they were going to select Mikal Bridges because he seemed like a GarPax pick.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#84 » by madvillian » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:43 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Look- no doubt Vuc is “better” than Wendell.

The question is whether high-usage Vuc on 52%/28% splits and liability rim protection/help defense is better than ultra low-usage Wendell on 62%/40% (FG/3P) with better defense.

I believe it’s arguable. Period. It’s not a discussion we should be having, considering Vuc’s salary, all-star history, trade cost and high volume of shots.

They are very similar in overall value imo. Both are average starting centers or slightly below average. Difference is one is aging and overpaid and the other is younger and fairly paid. And of course we gave up more than just WCJR to get Vuc.

Whatever. I'm resigned to watching Vuc double double his way to a 35 win season until AKME are fired.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,849

Post#85 » by dougthonus » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:51 am

MrSparkle wrote:Look- no doubt Vuc is “better” than Wendell.

There's not much of an argument based on what you presented.

If you agree that WCJ is better than Vuc on defense, then you are left to argue that being high volume and also low efficiency is better than high efficiency and low volume, but that isn't true. High volume and also low efficiency is actually the worst case scenario, you hurt your team on offense more than any other possible combination of efficiency and usage.

I think if you wanted to make the Vuc argument, it would be based around durability. There's some value to just playing minutes and always being available, a big thorn in the side of WCJ's career.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#86 » by League Circles » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:24 am

Vucevic is the most skilled bad NBA player I've ever seen. Bad on offense, terrible on defense, but somehow LOOKS pretty solid on offense when he's not bricking wide open 3 pointers from the top of the arc.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 659

Post#87 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:17 am

At this point, Vucevic should be playing the 15-20 mpg Drummond role. We need to draft a young center, and allow Vucevic to feed on second units.
ROLES & HOLES
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#88 » by Stratmaster » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:27 am

Ice Man wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
Red8911 wrote:WCJ is not better than Vuc and never will be. Waiting for Vuc to have a bad game still doesn’t change the facts.

Well said

It would be worse yet to have been Phoenix or the Kings and drafted Deandre Effing Ayton or Marvin Effing Bagley, while passing on Luka Effing Doncic. By the way, I recently watched a video of Luka's first NBA game and as a side point the announcer was gushing on what a great player Ayton was going to be. A NBA scout had recently told him that Ayton was "David Robinson with a jump shot."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bahhh... that Doncic guy is overrated.

nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#89 » by nekorajo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:44 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
nekorajo wrote:What could have been with Gafford.
Yep. But most mocked him when he was with the Bulls.

They sure did mock. As if shot blocking centers that run like a gazelle grows on trees. And Pax signed him to long cheap deal.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#90 » by Stratmaster » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:12 pm

nekorajo wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
nekorajo wrote:What could have been with Gafford.
Yep. But most mocked him when he was with the Bulls.

They sure did mock. As if shot blocking centers that run like a gazelle grows on trees. And Pax signed him to long cheap deal.
He was a favorite of mine. Don't get me wrong. I knew he wasn't going to be all NBA. But yep, he's better at what he does than anyone we have.

Return to Chicago Bulls