Image ImageImage Image

Bears 2024 4.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,622

Re: Bears 2024 4.0 

Post#1861 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 pm

JockItch43 wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:If Dave Kaplan is to be believe, the Bears apparently "loves" Malik Nabors. I would be ok with (outside of the 1 overall pick) sacrificing the rest of this year's draft picks, (9th OA, 3rd round and 4th round) plus Carolina's second in next year's draft to move up to 5 or 6 and draft Nabors.Moore/Allen/Nabors would drive the rest of the NFC North DB's crazy.

That would mean the Bears draft class would be just Caleb Williams and Malik Nabors but I would be more than ok with that. If this happened, the draft would be boring for the Bears fans after the first 30 minutes or so.

Would have been a lot better if we lost just one more game lol.

I already know CW is a big fan of Nabers as well. Wonder if he's lobbied the Bears to try to grab him.

I know it’s ESPN and you can only take so many of their people seriously, but they were talking about how he was the star of the LSU pro day and is likened to a mashup of Steve Smith and Tyreke Hill. So of course, I was like “what?!?!?”. They’re basically saying that there is now a real conversation about who will be the first WR drafted between he and MHJ.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1862 » by panthermark » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 pm

Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 593

Post#1863 » by Almost Retired » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 pm

NecessaryEvil wrote:^^^ that's an interesting way to decide.

“One team is going to talk about, ‘The tackle position is the best to go after’ [or] ‘the wide receiver’s the best’ [or] ‘the defensive end’s the best.’ — and use factual information to kinda spit that out,” Poles said. “And we’ll have a debate in terms of what’s more impactful for our football team, short-term and long-term.”

All three groups will have an argument.

“A lot of guys went back to school this year,” Poles said. “I think you’re going to see a significant drop off. … The way we’re set up in the draft this year actually pairs up really well with how I think it’s going to play out.”

Starting to think they may not move back @ all with statements like this

But I'd love to move down and add Verse + Thomas Jr.

No mention of the TE room in this article :cry:

I'll always love you Brock

I like the idea of moving down. But I think Thomas goes mid First Round. Chris Sims thinks he's the second best receiver on the Board. I think he's just a hair below the top 3...Nabors, Harrison and Odunze. But if we could nab a 2nd rounder by moving down to the 15-17 area we could get Verse, or down to the 21-24 area we might still be able to get Latu. Then with the 2nd rounder there are some Tier 3 receivers likely available. For immediate help as slot receivers I would be happy to draft Roman Wilson from Michigan or Ricky Pearsall from Florida or Malachi Corley from Western Kentucky. If we want an X receiver to groom there would be options like Xavier Legette, Dez Walker, J'Lyn Polk, Johnny Wilson, and Jermaine Burton of Alabama. But that's the route I'd take. Get the best EDGE in Round 1 and get a 3rd tier receiver in the 2nd Round.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#1864 » by _txchilibowl_ » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 pm

Been saying it since day one....Nabers is the man. If the Bears were somehow able to acquire him he would make DJ Moore their WR2 by the following season. And that's saying something...
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,255

Post#1865 » by TheJordanRule » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
JockItch43 wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:If Dave Kaplan is to be believe, the Bears apparently "loves" Malik Nabors. I would be ok with (outside of the 1 overall pick) sacrificing the rest of this year's draft picks, (9th OA, 3rd round and 4th round) plus Carolina's second in next year's draft to move up to 5 or 6 and draft Nabors. Moore/Allen/Nabors would drive the rest of the NFC North DB's crazy.

That would mean the Bears draft class would be just Caleb Williams and Malik Nabors but I would be more than ok with that. If this happened, the draft would be boring for the Bears fans after the first 30 minutes or so.

Would have been a lot better if we lost just one more game lol.

I already know CW is a big fan of Nabers as well. Wonder if he's lobbied the Bears to try to grab him.

I know it’s ESPN and you can only take so many of their people seriously, but they were talking about how he was the star of the LSU pro day and is likened to a mashup of Steve Smith and Tyreke Hill. So of course, I was like “what?!?!?”. They’re basically saying that there is now a real conversation about who will be the first WR drafted between he and MHJ.

I think this would be a disastrous move. I don't want to tank next season just to bring in Nabors. Nabors has Antonio Brown in his prime potential, but we have much bigger needs on the lines. Take CW, take a bunch of LTs and defensive linemen, and set us up to deal extreme damage from Day 1. Keenan Allen and DJ Moore are legit WR1s that defenses are gonna have to pick their poison with. Swift is versatile beast, a killer at RB. Cole Kmet is a great receiving TE. But ALL of them are going to blockers who are good at their jobs. And this game is won in the trenches, on offense and defense.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,893

Post#1866 » by Dresden » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm

nomorezorro wrote:he didn't run. lsu people said he could have run in the 4.3x range for whatever that's worth

Thanks- would have been interesting to see what he actually runs.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#1867 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 pm

So let’s say the top 8 picks shape out like this:

Bears - Williams
Commanders - Daniels
Broncos (via trade) - Maye
Vikings (via trade) - McCarthy
Chargers - MHJ
Giants - Bowers
Titans - Alt
Falcons - Turner

That would leave Nabors, Odunze, Fashanu, Latu and Verse all on the board at 9. Where do you go?
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 367

Post#1868 » by JockItch43 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:So let’s say the top 8 picks shape out like this:

Bears - Williams
Commanders - Daniels
Chargers - MHJ
Giants - Bowers
Titans - Alt
Falcons - Turner

That would leave Nabors, Odunze, Fashanu, Latu and Verse all on the board at 9. Where do you go?

IMO only Nabers and Odunze are worth staying at 9. The other guys, while great prospects, can be had in a small trade down. You never know... if both Nabers and/or Odunze are gone before 9, there may be a QB who is there and is a prime trade up target that we can take advantage of to extract a little more draft capital. You can either do a small trade down to grab one of the other guys on your list or go back into the late teens and pick up a guy like Brian Thomas Jr.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#1869 » by _txchilibowl_ » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:23 pm

Bears - Williams
Commanders - Daniels
Chargers - MHJ
Giants - Bowers
Titans - Alt
Falcons - Turner

There's zero chance that Bowers goes ahead of Nabers imo. Would be shocking.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#1870 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 pm

Bears - Williams
Commanders - Daniels
Chargers - MHJ
Giants - Bowers
Titans - Alt
Falcons - Turner

Nabors or trade down for an absurd package
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#1871 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:29 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:

Bears - Williams
Commanders - Daniels
Chargers - MHJ
Giants - Bowers
Titans - Alt
Falcons - Turner

There's zero chance that Bowers goes ahead of Nabers imo. Would be shocking.

It’s definitely a hypothetical scenario but you’re probably right. So let’s swap positions with Nabors going to the Giants and Bowers being on the board. Do you consider drafting any of those guys at 9?
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach

Post#1872 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:

Bears - Williams
Commanders - Daniels
Chargers - MHJ
Giants - Bowers
Titans - Alt
Falcons - Turner

Nabors or trade down for an absurd package

I’m generally game for this. However, I feel like we’d only get an absurd package if one of JJ or Drake are still on the board at our spot, which I find highly unlikely.

Even with that though, I’d still be on board with trading back as long as it doesn’t mean us missing out on a player that we really want. Even if we’re only getting an extra 3rd rounder, it’d be worth it if we’re still getting a Verse type talent in the process.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#1873 » by Dresden » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:36 pm

I saw a mock today that had 3 QB's and 3 WRs in first 6 picks. That would leave Alt, Turner and likely JJ McCarthy. I think some team will trade up to get JJ, so one of Alt or Turner should be there at 9. But JJ is kind of the wild card.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#1874 » by Dresden » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:38 pm

expected win totals for next season came out, too- Bears at 8.5. I will be disappointed with anything less than 10. Maybe 9, but definitely no lower.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,660

Post#1875 » by sco » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 pm

Dresden wrote:I saw a mock today that had 3 QB's and 3 WRs in first 6 picks. That would leave Alt, Turner and likely JJ McCarthy. I think some team will trade up to get JJ, so one of Alt or Turner should be there at 9. But JJ is kind of the wild card.

I would be happy if all 3 WR's go ahead of 9 so that we go another direction. I just think Edge and LT are better picks for us if we can nab one of the top guys.
:clap:
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 367

Post#1876 » by JockItch43 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 pm

sco wrote:
Dresden wrote:I saw a mock today that had 3 QB's and 3 WRs in first 6 picks. That would leave Alt, Turner and likely JJ McCarthy. I think some team will trade up to get JJ, so one of Alt or Turner should be there at 9. But JJ is kind of the wild card.

I would be happy if all 3 WR's go ahead of 9 so that we go another direction. I just think Edge and LT are better picks for us if we can nab one of the top guys.

JJ going before our pick is huge too if we are hoping a guy like Alt or Turner falls to us or really any of these top end guys. If he falls to 9 we have to listen to offers at that point to trade down. He's the wildcard for sure.

The Allen trade was huge because now we can be much more flexible in the direction we go.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#1877 » by Dresden » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:23 pm

JockItch43 wrote:
sco wrote:

JJ going before our pick is huge too if we are hoping a guy like Alt or Turner falls to us or really any of these top end guys. If he falls to 9 we have to listen to offers at that point to trade down. He's the wildcard for sure.

The Allen trade was huge because now we can be much more flexible in the direction we go.

The Allen trade was the jewel in Pole's offseason.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 903

Post#1878 » by HearshotKDS » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm

Im more and more turning on to the idea of trying to trade up into the 2nd round for a WR if the Bears go DE in the first. Points-wise #75 + Chicagos '25 2nd gets you to around pick 40-42 - very good chance you could grab someone like Polk/Walker/Worthy/Legette/McConkey/Franklin/Coleman at that spot. I dont normally like trading future picks but the WR class this year is so deep half of those guys are late first rounders in a normal year and it seems like a really good chance to grab someone we will say "I cant believe they got that guy in the 2nd round" about in a few seasons.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,520

Post#1879 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

We doing this if Alt/Nabers/Odunze are off the board at 9? The trade value chart has it as roughly equal.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#1880 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:48 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

We doing this if Alt/Nabers/Odunze are off the board at 9? The trade value chart has it as roughly equal.

Screw the trade value chart if they're trading up for a QB.

My initial thought is we keep 75 and then we consider it.

Return to Chicago Bulls