Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Hawks 7pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Re: Bulls vs Hawks 7pm CT 

Post#61 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:16 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:I'm calling it now. We'll come back to tie it with 2 minutes left. Then go on to lose by 8.

I was wrong. We couldn't make it competitive.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,347

Post#62 » by Mk0 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:16 am

Stacey literally describing himself on the bench "Don't like a guy just sitting there eating popcorn and hotdogs on the bench"
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Mk0
RealGM

Post#63 » by Mk0 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:16 am

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:I'm calling it now. We'll come back to tie it with 2 minutes left. Then go on to lose by 8.

I was wrong. We couldn't make it competitive.

No fake comeback tonight
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#64 » by RastaBull » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:17 am

Remember when people used to constantly complain and beg for DeMar to be trade because he wouldn’t defer at end of games?

Well I find myself most frequently just begging for him to take every shot end of games. There was a nice stretch where Coby was worth it, but that’s passed. I love Coby and Ayo, but truly at this point no one can make buckets when it matters … except you know the most clutch guy in the NBA.
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Post#65 » by Red8911 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:17 am

Home court advantage for the play in game doesn’t really matter with these teams. Whoever is better that day will win.

Bulls are a coin toss every game anyway whether it’s home or away doesn’t make a difference.
Mk0
RealGM

Post#66 » by Mk0 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:19 am

Red8911 wrote:Home court advantage for the play in game doesn’t really matter with these teams. Whoever is better that day will win. Bulls are also a coin toss every game as well whether it’s home or away doesn’t make a difference.

We are totally going to lose to a Trae-less Atlanta in the play in just because they can hit more 3s
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#67 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:20 am

RastaBull wrote:Remember when people used to constantly complain and beg for DeMar to be trade because he wouldn’t defer at end of games?

Well I find myself most frequently just begging for him to take every shot end of games. There was a nice stretch where Coby was worth it, but that’s passed. I love Coby and Ayo, but truly at this point no one can make buckets when it matters … except you know the most clutch guy in the NBA.
No I don't remember that at all. I remember people wanting Demar traded back when he had value because the Bulls had an abundance of wings and no bigs.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,323

Post#68 » by kodo » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:21 am

RastaBull wrote:Remember when people used to constantly complain and beg for DeMar to be trade because he wouldn’t defer at end of games?

The thing with Demar scoring even in the 4th, it's on 2s and mostly contested. He'll make one, miss one, make one, miss one, as per usual. He's clockwork. But Demar scoring will never ignite a 15-0 run which is what we needed. You need 3s and you need hot, streaky scoring. Zach or Coby. Those guys can be flamethrowers. Demar is a treadmill.

When the game is tied, Demar is the guy. But down 15? Demar can't make that comeback.
Red8911
RealGM

Post#69 » by Red8911 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:22 am

Mk0 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Home court advantage for the play in game doesn’t really matter with these teams. Whoever is better that day will win. Bulls are also a coin toss every game as well whether it’s home or away doesn’t make a difference.

We are totally going to lose to a Trae-less Atlanta in the play in just because they can hit more 3s

It’s a 50/50 game can go either way. It all depends on what kind of day the bulls will have. If they play like last night against the wolves, easy win.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#70 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:24 am

kodo wrote:

The thing with Demar scoring even in the 4th, it's on 2s and mostly contested. He'll make one, miss one, make one, miss one, as per usual. He's clockwork. But Demar scoring will never ignite a 15-0 run which is what we needed. You need 3s and you need hot, streaky scoring. Zach or Coby. Those guys can be flamethrowers. Demar is a treadmill.

When the game is tied, Demar is the guy. But down 15? Demar can't make that comeback.

I've seen Demar do it a few times so it's not like he can't. I get your point though. He needs the calls to go his way as well, and he has no agency over that.

Our team really depends on Caruso, Coby, and Ayo to hit 3's and we won't win if they're cold.
Red8911
RealGM

Post#71 » by Red8911 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:25 am

kodo wrote:

Never thought of it like that but you’re actually right.

For a bunch of games Coby was the one who heated up to make the come back and then Demar took over to finish it off.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#72 » by Chi town » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:43 am

kodo wrote:

Yep. DDR ain’t getting you stops either.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#73 » by Chi town » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:45 am

Same story.

7-28 vs. 19-40.

DDR and Vuc SUCK in back to backs. No legs. Low effort. Empty 30 piece for DDR. Atrocious D and flopping.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,695

Post#74 » by Ice Man » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:59 am

Chi town wrote:Same story.

7-28 vs. 19-40.

DDR and Vuc SUCK in back to backs. No legs. Low effort. Empty 30 piece for DDR. Atrocious D and flopping.

The last 3 games the Bulls have played have been decided on which team makes the 3s. I mean, absolutely and totally decided. Forget everything else, the 3 Ball differential has overwhelmed the Final Score differential. I haven't done the work to figure out how many games have fit that pattern this season, but as with all NBA teams, it has been a whole lot. 3 ball has taken the old adage of "it's a make or miss league" to a whole 'nother level.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#75 » by Chi town » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:34 am

Ice Man wrote:
Chi town wrote:Same story.

7-28 vs. 19-40.

The last 3 games the Bulls have played have been decided on which team makes the 3s. I mean, absolutely and totally decided. Forget everything else, the 3 Ball differential has overwhelmed the Final Score differential. I haven't done the work to figure out how many games have fit that pattern this season, but as with all NBA teams, it has been a whole lot. 3 ball has taken the old adage of "it's a make or miss league" to a whole 'nother level.

I’d bet 75% of our games have gone to the team who made more 3s.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#76 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Apr 2, 2024 3:38 am

Is anyone still watching this garbage? I just check the box score and highlights if it’s a win.
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#77 » by Flopper » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:03 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:Is anyone still watching this garbage? I just check the box score and highlights if it’s a win.

That's why I miss the PG threads. Open Bulls forum, "PG: We Suck", minimal time and energy expended.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#78 » by RSP83 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:10 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:Is anyone still watching this garbage? I just check the box score and highlights if it’s a win.

Same. Today, I checked in in second quarter when the game is still level. i checked out in late Q2 after Hawks hit barrage of three, and Bulls couldn't counter.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#79 » by RSP83 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:21 am

The gap between Demar and the next guy on this team is too wide to maintain some type of stability.

Vuc is a shell of himself. Coby is still way too inconsistent and streaky to be relied upon as the second option. Ayo is not at that level yet.

As much as people here want Zach gone, he's the only guy who have shown to be capable of matching Demar's production.

So this team as it stands today is basically DeMar and the DeRozanaires. It's a sub-500 / 38 win team.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#80 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:25 am

same
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.

Return to Chicago Bulls