Image ImageImage Image

Rondo retires

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,232

Re: Rondo retires 

Post#21 » by Red8911 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:18 am

Muzbar wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
kodo wrote:He was dirty earlier in his career, but he matured and one of the highest IQ guys I've seen play. He certainly wasn't in the NBA due to his size, athleticism, and shooting ability.

Aside from his playoff-Rondo vs the Celtics, the most memorable moment was Rondo defending the Bulls youngsters against the leadership of Butler & Wade. I'm as a big a fan of Butler as anyone, but he had a lot of growing up to do as a leader while he was on the Bulls. He was far from perfect when he was here.

Loved Rondo when he was on the Bulls and he was 100% right defending his teammates. Wade then was the biggest problem for that team. Not only was he washed up but he also had the nerve to separate himself and Jimmy from everyone else and blame everyone for the teams issues.

Wade was all talk no action. Funny when he got injured for a while the bulls started playing some very good basketball without him and Rondo was a big part of it. Wade was probably one the worst bulls signings even though in his head he thought he was MJ.

Its a shame Rondo got hurt in the playoffs vs Boston and also a shame Pax rebuilding and moving on from him and Jimmy.

As a big Wade fan, I loved the signing initially, but thought with Rondo he was a poor fit.

If the Bulls had picked up someone that could shoot instead of Wade, Rondo would have been much better and made the team run smoother. Mirotic would have benefited with Rondo running the show more.

Initially I too liked both signings and having 3 alphas was exciting at first.Problem is Wade was done and the player he once was in Miami was long gone.

I do agree a shooter instead of Wade next to Rondo would have worked a lot better. I don’t blame Pax for making those signings, he tried something that didn’t really work out but I do blame him for giving up on them. Could have simply replaced Wade and keep on going, instead he traded Jimmy and blew up the team.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,663

Re: Rondo retires 

Post#22 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:38 pm

I had no issue with the 3 Alpha's and they weren't the disaster history makes them out to be. That being said... I was pissed that they didn't go into full rebuild that was the year to do it and it was just a bad move. Compounded on if you go and do that but then don't go and bet on Jimmy after that ugh... The 3 alpha's was much like this team, it was never going to contend.

Return to Chicago Bulls