Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Pistons 6pm CT

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,845

Re: Bulls @ Pistons 6pm CT 

Post#41 » by dougthonus » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:31 am

This game was so unwatchable.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#42 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:36 pm

Simpleton wrote:There are some redeemable young pieces on this team so I don't begrudge them for not burning it all down. Theoretically if you could surgically remove the $60 million in dead money sitting on the bench in Lavine and Ball (not even going to include Williams here) and add in an average amount of reasonably motivated talent equivalent to $60M to the roster you're probably looking at a 45-47ish win team.

Still no chance at a title and mostly treadmill but I kind of get the idea of wanting to cultivate young players like White, Ayo, Williams, Terry and such in a somewhat competitive environment.
That makes the assumption that the players you bring in will all be injury free.

If Ball, and now Lavine, had never been injured you would have a 50+ win team.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
DropStep
Junior
And1: 158

Post#43 » by DropStep » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:18 pm

It's probably been this way for three years, but it just popped out at me that in the ESPN box score, they are acknowledging that our PF is a guard. They've got us PG/SG/SF/G/C. Even in three guard lineups, I thought they would sub out the SF position for the third G, not the power forward - but not for your Chicago Bulls. They could call SF DeMar the PF, or Javonte, but to their credit they reflect the situation accurately.

Billy and AKME, you have advanced the game so far that you have broken the box score. Well done, very avant garde. One day we will achieve GGGGC, if not five Javontes.

But, we did beat our arch rival and nemesis, the worst team in the league, so it's a good day, I guess. We're competitive!
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Post#44 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:47 pm

dougthonus wrote:This game was so unwatchable.

Yep. What is left of this roster is very tough to watch.

I ALWAYS watch every game...for many seasons now. Even if it is days after the game is played. There have been 2 games recently that I could not watch live, and I just decided to delete them from my DVR instead of bothering to watch them.

There really isn't anything to watch. Demar foul hunting would be the most quality thing to watch. When Coby had his cute hot streak and many decided he is an all-star and MIP, that batch of games was at least kind of fun to watch. Then Ayo had a stretch that was fun.
Now it is:

-Demar foul hunting
-Vuc Bricking
-Caruso getting knocked to the floor multiple times, when he is playing.
-Coby launching bad shots. (aside, not for you specifically: Coby's percentage and PER36 numbers are now pretty much in line with last season, his TS% and his WS/48 are lower than last season)

All balled together with stupid technical fouls, stupid basketball plays, and constant whining at the refs. And that is from our VET players. The dumbest team in the NBA.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,059

Post#45 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:18 pm

Hahaha.

That’s why I refused to watch.

Box score shows DDR had a good time. He’s loves to bumslay.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,231

Post#46 » by Red8911 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:57 pm

Chi town wrote:

Hahaha.

I don’t get it did you want Demar to not score because it’s the Pistons ? He averages 24 ppg this season and 30 ppg the last couple of weeks. Does that mean he bumslays the whole league ?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#47 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:02 pm

Red8911 wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Hahaha.

I don’t get it did you want Demar to not score because it’s the Pistons ? He averages 24 ppg this season and 30 ppg the last couple of weeks. Does that mean he bumslays the whole league ?

I’m done explaining the demise of the DDR Bulls.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#48 » by dougthonus » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:43 pm

Chi town wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Hahaha.

If you are done intelligently commenting about the conversation, then you could also be done snarkily trolling about the situation.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#49 » by Indomitable » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:00 pm

Stratmaster wrote:

Yep. What is left of this roster is very tough to watch.

I ALWAYS watch every game...for many seasons now. Even if it is days after the game is played. There have been 2 games recently that I could not watch live, and I just decided to delete them from my DVR instead of bothering to watch them.

There really isn't anything to watch. Demar foul hunting would be the most quality thing to watch. When Coby had his cute hot streak and many decided he is an all-star and MIP, that batch of games was at least kind of fun to watch. Then Ayo had a stretch that was fun.
Now it is:

-Demar foul hunting
-Vuc Bricking
-Caruso getting knocked to the floor multiple times, when he is playing.
-Coby launching bad shots. (aside, not for you specifically: Coby's percentage and PER36 numbers are now pretty much in line with last season, his TS% and his WS/48 are lower than last season)

All balled together with stupid technical fouls, stupid basketball plays, and constant whining at the refs. And that is from our VET players. The dumbest team in the NBA.

I miss Lonzo. He allowed this team to work.

He was a plus defender
Push the ball or threw it ahead
He could play off the ball in the half quarter

He would have add 8 to 10 wins to this mess.
:banghead:
Chi town
RealGM

Post#50 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:45 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Red8911 wrote:I don’t get it did you want Demar to not score because it’s the Pistons ? He averages 24 ppg this season and 30 ppg the last couple of weeks. Does that mean he bumslays the whole league ?

If you are done intelligently commenting about the conversation, then you could also be done snarkily trolling about the situation.

I wouldn’t call any of my comments intelligent. Simple observations.

I hate snarky. Hate trolling even more.
Sorry.

Guess I’m frustrated with another lost season of mediocrity without any hope due to AK.

No more DDR comments from me.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#51 » by dougthonus » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:06 pm

Chi town wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Chi town wrote:

I wouldn’t call any of my comments intelligent. Simple observations.

I hate snarky. Hate trolling even more.
Sorry.

Guess I’m frustrated with another lost season of mediocrity without any hope due to AK.

No more DDR comments from me.

Believe me, I get it. I'm not trying to stifle frustration with DeMar or the team. Just if you want to engage on a topic with DeMar (be it negative or positive), then really engage in it. Certainly a valid point that he isn't an A1 option out there.
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls