Image ImageImage Image

Your offseason plans for the Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,065

Re: Your offseason plans for the Bulls 

Post#141 » by Chi town » Wed May 1, 2024 9:18 pm

MrSparkle wrote:#1 Draft Ja’Kobe, or some fella who could *shoot*, defend and handle.

#2. Extend Demar. No more than 2y- try to shoot for that $35m mark. Yeah, dunno what else to do but the logical course is keeping the best player.

#3. Sign Nets’ Claxton. He’s a UFA. Obviously we’re over the cap, so you have to S&T. Float the idea of Vuc and Jevon.

#4. Inquire about Cameron Johnson. Maybe just swap him for Zach. We’d get over $20m in cap relief if BRK agrees. (Of course Vuc and him wouldn’t be wise to pair, so Nets could flip one and involved a 3rd team)

#5 Let Pat find an offer, but shoot for a 40/3 (at most) extension if none comes.

#6 Try to waive Lonzo with the retirement/medical exemption. This dude isn’t going to play NBA basketball in 5 months.

Coby Walter
Caruso Bitim
Ayo Craig Terry
Demar Pat Phillips
Claxton Sanogo

Mr. Sparkle you seem to have lost the sparkle of hope.

Sadly, I think I have to. My only remaining hope is DDR walks to win instead of stays for the bag. That seems to be the only thing that could change course for the better.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#142 » by Chi town » Wed May 1, 2024 9:23 pm

Here goes…

Trade Vuc and Caruso for expiring filler and a 1st.

Let DDR walk.

Let Lonzo go with medical exemption.

Sign Bigs and Shooting. Take picks for bad salary.

Draft shooting DaSilva/Shannon

Keep Zach to let him cook as first option in fast paced modern offense. Trade him if you get a good package.

Coby/Ayo
Zach/
Pat/Shannon
DaSilva/Philipps
Drummond/FA Big
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,155

Post#143 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 1, 2024 9:59 pm

Chi town wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:#1 Draft Ja’Kobe, or some fella who could *shoot*, defend and handle.

#2. Extend Demar. No more than 2y- try to shoot for that $35m mark. Yeah, dunno what else to do but the logical course is keeping the best player.

#3. Sign Nets’ Claxton. He’s a UFA. Obviously we’re over the cap, so you have to S&T. Float the idea of Vuc and Jevon.

#4. Inquire about Cameron Johnson. Maybe just swap him for Zach. We’d get over $20m in cap relief if BRK agrees. (Of course Vuc and him wouldn’t be wise to pair, so Nets could flip one and involved a 3rd team)

#5 Let Pat find an offer, but shoot for a 40/3 (at most) extension if none comes.

#6 Try to waive Lonzo with the retirement/medical exemption. This dude isn’t going to play NBA basketball in 5 months.

Coby Walter
Caruso Bitim
Ayo Craig Terry
Demar Pat Phillips
Claxton Sanogo

Mr. Sparkle you seem to have lost the sparkle of hope.

Sadly, I think I have to. My only remaining hope is DDR walks to win instead of stays for the bag. That seems to be the only thing that could change course for the better.

Pretty much. If Ayo and Coby make unprecedented jumps again (and Pat, Terry, Phillips take their first jump), then I'll change my tune, but at the moment, if they're supposed to be the best part of this build, we are in no man's land. Also lost faith in the scouting department.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,809

Post#144 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed May 1, 2024 10:48 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
ChiefILL53 wrote:Quite frankly I hope for their own sake, Demar decides winning at this point in his career is more important than being in chicago. I love Demar and what he's been for the team, but tbh, 40per is not that crazy with respect of the contracts today being given to players with his production and even age. However, if theyre serious about making changes because they realize they cant keep running this team back, it has to start with demar walking. There's talent available this offseason, get creative and go get some.

I hope Philly offers him a big deal. They could really use him as a 3rd option.

Well, I definitely think Morey understands Embiid's health (based on his history) is a ticking time bomb, and he wants to go for it while that window's alive. I think Lebron, George and Siakam are gonna see a strong pitch.

I think Lebron is done ring chasing. He will remain a Laker until retirement. George is playing at home and their own will absolutely max him out again. Siakam is might be an option. I think DeRozan will be strong consideration too. Their perimeter players outside of Maxie are really underwhelming.

I was watching those bums Harris Oubre Jr. and thinking how better they would be with DeRozan.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#145 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 1, 2024 11:05 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
I hope Philly offers him a big deal. They could really use him as a 3rd option.

Well, I definitely think Morey understands Embiid's health (based on his history) is a ticking time bomb, and he wants to go for it while that window's alive. I think Lebron, George and Siakam are gonna see a strong pitch.

I think Lebron is done ring chasing. He will remain a Laker until retirement. George is playing at home and their own will absolutely max him out again. Siakam is might be an option. I think DeRozan will be strong consideration too. Their perimeter players outside of Maxie are really underwhelming.

I was watching those bums Harris Oubre Jr. and thinking how better they would be with DeRozan.

I'm surprised Buddy's out the rotation.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,321

Post#146 » by d boy gentleman » Thu May 2, 2024 12:26 am

Offseason plan:

Go scorched Earth...

Trade LaVine for Ben Simmons, a late 1st and 2 2nds
S&T DeMar and hopefully get back some young end of bench guys and a 2nd
Trade Vooch for some other bad salary or end of bench guys
Let Patrick walk
Do not re-sign Drummond or Craig
Trade Caruso for a late first
Trade Coby to OKC for a 1st and a 2nd
Trade Ayo for a 2nd
Fire Billy and hire Becky Hammon

This plan puts us at the absolute bottom. We win 11 games and be in prime position to draft Cooper Flagg in 2025 and another top 3 pick in 2026. This puts us in contention starting in 2030.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,565

Post#147 » by Andi Obst » Thu May 2, 2024 6:26 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Nets don’t have his restricted rights. Not really up to them.

Just letting Claxton go for nothing is much better for the Nets than this deal. You can't force them to take negative value.

I don't think that's true at all. They're over the cap, they owe their picks, and a near expiring contract on a good locker-room guy who has some skills (and probably should be coming off the bench) has more value than losing their starting center.

"Near expiring" is a hilarious description for a deal that will be even more horrible in 25/26.

Do you actually not agree that both Vuc and Carter are negative assets? That's pretty shocking to me tbh.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
MrSparkle
RealGM

Post#148 » by MrSparkle » Thu May 2, 2024 6:39 pm

Andi Obst wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:
Just letting Claxton go for nothing is much better for the Nets than this deal. You can't force them to take negative value.

I don't think that's true at all. They're over the cap, they owe their picks, and a near expiring contract on a good locker-room guy who has some skills (and probably should be coming off the bench) has more value than losing their starting center.

"Near expiring" is a hilarious description for a deal that will be even more horrible in 25/26.

Do you actually not agree that both Vuc and Carter are negative assets? That's pretty shocking to me tbh.

I don't think he's a positive asset, but I believe if an over-the-cap team trying to not be the worst team in the league has a choice between taking a competent starter with zero baggage who has 1y left on his deal vs. nothing, they'll probably go for it.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#149 » by Andi Obst » Thu May 2, 2024 6:52 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

I don't think he's a positive asset, but I believe if an over-the-cap team trying to not be the worst team in the league has a choice between taking a competent starter with zero baggage who has 1y left on his deal vs. nothing, they'll probably go for it.

I don't view Vuc as a competent starter, so that's where we disagree.

I'd much rather have nothing than Vuc and Carter on their current deals. Vuc should be making Carter money and 23/24 Carter shouldn't be in the league. And it's not like Claxton can just decide to go to the Bulls and force the Nets to do a S&T. Sure, Claxton could leave for nothing, but not to Chicago.

Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#150 » by Andi Obst » Thu May 2, 2024 6:54 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:Trade Ayo for a 2nd

Insanity.

Starting your rebuild by dumping a 24-year-old on a great deal.

MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#151 » by MGB8 » Thu May 2, 2024 8:42 pm

Trade that works on trade checker and might be step 1 towards a reset while allowing AKME to indulge in the “stay competitive by building around a resigned DDR” - LaVine and Vuc to GS for CP3, Wiggins and Moody. Moody hasn’t done anything, and Wiggins has declined, so for GS they get a big (who would be used as a reserve) and a shooter without losing that much.

For the Bulls, CP3 adds leadership and teaching and yada yada illusion of competitiveness, and Wiggins can be the new scapegoat - but at least he fits “3&D+” more or less.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,479

Post#152 » by jnrjr79 » Thu May 2, 2024 11:53 pm

MGB8 wrote:Trade that works on trade checker and might be step 1 towards a reset while allowing AKME to indulge in the “stay competitive by building around a resigned DDR” - LaVine and Vuc to GS for CP3, Wiggins and Moody. Moody hasn’t done anything, and Wiggins has declined, so for GS they get a big (who would be used as a reserve) and a shooter without losing that much.

For the Bulls, CP3 adds leadership and teaching and yada yada illusion of competitiveness, and Wiggins can be the new scapegoat - but at least he fits “3&D+” more or less.

IMO, you need a pick back with this to make it worthwhile.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,321

Post#153 » by d boy gentleman » Fri May 3, 2024 4:33 am

Andi Obst wrote:

Insanity.

'Tearing down to the studs" means just that: Tearing it completely down. Ayo is a nice player, but not the type of player that is a franchise player that you build around. They most certainly won't stick around in a rebuild, so trade him away, accept that we have waived the white flag and have accepted that we will not be a top team in the East and simply sink to bottom and wallow in obscurity for a top 3 pick and the chance to draft a true franchise player
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#154 » by Andi Obst » Fri May 3, 2024 5:57 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:

Insanity.

'Tearing down to the studs" means just that: Tearing it completely down. Ayo is a nice player, but not the type of player that is a franchise player that you build around. They most certainly won't stick around in a rebuild, so trade him away, accept that we have waived the white flag and have accepted that we will not be a top team in the East and simply sink to bottom and wallow in obscurity for a top 3 pick and the chance to draft a true franchise player

None of that makes any sense to me, I'm sorry.

Dumping a good young player on a good deal is simply bad. Always.

amcfad27
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,564

Post#155 » by amcfad27 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:04 am

Tobias Harris mle

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,090

Post#156 » by MGB8 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:19 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:Trade that works on trade checker and might be step 1 towards a reset while allowing AKME to indulge in the “stay competitive by building around a resigned DDR” - LaVine and Vuc to GS for CP3, Wiggins and Moody. Moody hasn’t done anything, and Wiggins has declined, so for GS they get a big (who would be used as a reserve) and a shooter without losing that much.

IMO, you need a pick back with this to make it worthwhile.

Not sure that you can get it, but let’s say you get some far out, conditional, lotto protected 1st.

Team is now:

G1: CP3, Ayo, J.Carter (maybe moved in a cash dump for a TPE or for a team’s excess serviceable b/up C)
G2: Coby, Caruso, Moody
W: Derozan, Wiggins, Terry
F: P.Williams, Craig, Phillips
C: MLE FA, Min FA, Min FA

if you could hold onto Drummond for a good chunk of the MLE, and add a competent backup that can defend decently (and defensive centers aren’t particularly expensive unless they are phenomenal)…

That team wouldn’t be any worse than what we saw this season, and likely a bit more balanced - possibly a better overall record.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#157 » by Andi Obst » Fri May 3, 2024 1:25 pm

amcfad27 wrote:Tobias Harris mle

The wing version of Vuc. Perfect.

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,762

Post#158 » by DuckIII » Fri May 3, 2024 1:40 pm

Chi town wrote:Here goes…

Let DDR walk.

Keep Zach to let him cook as first option in fast paced modern offense. Trade him if you get a good package.

Coby/Ayo
Zach/
Pat/Shannon
DaSilva/Philipps
Drummond/FA Big

I really like this plan. A lot. You’re not secretly AK by any chance are you?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,762

Post#159 » by DuckIII » Fri May 3, 2024 1:42 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Pretty much. If Ayo and Coby make unprecedented jumps again (and Pat, Terry, Phillips take their first jump), then I'll change my tune, but at the moment, if they're supposed to be the best part of this build, we are in no man's land. Also lost faith in the scouting department.

No one on the roster is the “best part of this rebuild.” That’s kinda why a rebuild is necessary. The point is to get younger, get more assets and flexibility, and also hopefully land a real franchise player.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#160 » by Chi town » Fri May 3, 2024 2:18 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Chi town wrote:Here goes…

Let DDR walk.

Coby/Ayo
Zach/
Pat/Shannon
DaSilva/Philipps
Drummond/FA Big

I really like this plan. A lot. You’re not secretly AK by any chance are you?

Nah. AK is delusional. He wants to win instead of building a winner.

What’s here is the simple fair minded approach to building a team that can compete and attract a key piece to make them a perennial playoff team and hopefully contender.

Return to Chicago Bulls