Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

robert76
Junior
And1: 232

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#141 » by robert76 » Wed May 1, 2024 6:44 am

MisterRoy wrote:We should draft Bronny. Just cause we can. See how he feels when someone screw up your plans.

#HeatlesKarma

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

I wonder how much would the Lakers give up for the pick, if the Bulls let them know they intend to draft Bronny. Of course, that is extremely unlikely to happen, but it would be funny to see a GM basically holding Bronny for ransom.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,833

Post#142 » by Jcool0 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:50 pm

robert76 wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:We should draft Bronny. Just cause we can. See how he feels when someone screw up your plans.

#HeatlesKarma

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.

I wonder how much would the Lakers give up for the pick, if the Bulls let them know they intend to draft Bronny. Of course, that is extremely unlikely to happen, but it would be funny to see a GM basically holding Bronny for ransom.

Bulls would draft Bronny thinking Lebron would then sign with them and with the this teams luck then Lebron announces he is going back to the Lakers and the Bulls have to act like they drafted Bronny because he was there BPA only to ship him immediately to the G-League, never to be seen again.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#143 » by drosestruts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:39 pm

2weekswithpay wrote:
drosestruts wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Abso-effing-lutely. But why would they do that?

Because they feel those picks won't be as good in 2025 due to potential improvement of Chicago and Atlanta as what they can get now at 11.

Next year's draft should be better. The Spurs would be trading potentially two picks out of the better draft. Also, the Spurs own the Raptors' pick this year if it falls outside the top 6. They can get two lottery picks this year anyway.

The top of the draft is certainly better.

Haven't heard much analysis of how late lottery players will compare
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 989

Post#144 » by Chicagoat » Fri May 3, 2024 1:17 am

I would find it painfully funny, mostly painful, if the bulls end up moving up in this weak draft.
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#145 » by drosestruts » Fri May 3, 2024 4:42 pm

Just to change up the discussion some here - in a world where the Bulls win the lottery and get the #1 pick - who are you drafting?

I've long been a big "I wouldn't draft a big man with a top pick guy"

And it's not that I think he's going to some great great player, I just think this draft is kind of meh, and based on who's in the draft I might go back on my stance and take Alexandre Sarr if I had the top pick.

Walk away feeling confident I have a starting level center for the next 10 years
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,756

Post#146 » by DuckIII » Fri May 3, 2024 5:00 pm

Chicagoat wrote:I would find it painfully funny, mostly painful, if the bulls end up moving up in this weak draft.

It would depend on what they have to give up and who they target. I’m not real well informed on a number of the higher ranked non-college guys yet for this draft.

But I’m very high on Stephon Castle. I know he doesn’t address an obvious team need and he’s not a three point shooter yet, but this guy screams Jimmy Butler to me. If we could trade up without doing anything too drastic to get him, I would. In mocks he’s currently going anywhere from 2-8. Probably too pricy to move up to 2, but if he survives past the Spurs (who I could see loving him) maybe the trade up price is not especially high.

Just as a hypothetical.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#147 » by Chi town » Fri May 3, 2024 5:42 pm

Here’s my pick at 11. He will go late lottery after workouts and he length measures.

He’s 6’9 Franz Wagner. Watch his tape at Michigan. It’s eery. I know TDS is older.

https://youtu.be/XCukzaQbmoI?si=ljB50787ypcKe_It
Chi town
RealGM

Post#148 » by Chi town » Fri May 3, 2024 5:57 pm

Get a 2nd 1st rounder and get Shannon.

Kid is DDR with a 3 ball and more defense and hustle. Also has some Harden in his game. His game was made for the league.

https://youtu.be/A00VBqsIbK0?si=JlOt1WmmJAud6jkz

His work ethic is like Ayo. I can seem him being a 20ppg scorer and future all star. Patton would reroute his ball placement and his shot would be lethal. High volume 3s and FTs.

More about the guy.

https://youtu.be/JHY_La3Jkgc?si=Iwt0qux1NdbWhMHV
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by DuckIII » Fri May 3, 2024 6:45 pm

Chi town wrote:Get a 2nd 1st rounder and get Shannon.

Kid is DDR with a 3 ball and more defense and hustle. Also has some Harden in his game. His game was made for the league.

https://youtu.be/A00VBqsIbK0?si=JlOt1WmmJAud6jkz

His work ethic is like Ayo. I can seem him being a 20ppg scorer and future all star. Patton would reroute his ball placement and his shot would be lethal. High volume 3s and FTs.

More about the guy.

https://youtu.be/JHY_La3Jkgc?si=Iwt0qux1NdbWhMHV

He definitely has an NBA game and I think he’ll have a solid NBA career, but I’m not seeing a DDR comparison. DDR is the king of the midrange and has phenomenal post moves and footwork.

Shannon is an open court wizard and a downhill driver from the perimeter in the half court. Very different style of player from DDR.

Will be interesting to see how his sexual assault case impacts his draft status.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#150 » by Jcool0 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:29 pm

Chi town wrote:Here’s my pick at 11. He will go late lottery after workouts and he length measures.

He’s 6’9 Franz Wagner. Watch his tape at Michigan. It’s eery. I know TDS is older.

No chance he goes before #20.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#151 » by Jcool0 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:29 pm

Read on Twitter
Chi town
RealGM

Post#152 » by Chi town » Sat May 4, 2024 2:07 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Chi town wrote:Here’s my pick at 11. He will go late lottery after workouts and he length measures.

No chance he goes before #20.

Great. Glad you know.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#153 » by Chi town » Sat May 4, 2024 2:08 am

Also think Salaun is basically Jonathan Isaac. Difference maker on D. Offense has a long ways to go. 3 ball has potential.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 659

Post#154 » by Rose2Boozer » Sat May 4, 2024 11:05 am

Good to see Tyon Grant-Foster made the NBA Combine. He's definitely a 5 on 5 guy. Dude is gonna cook.
ROLES & HOLES
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#155 » by chitowndish » Sat May 4, 2024 4:06 pm

I like the idea of the Salaun pick. He's got some potential in a lot of interesting areas he could be a mobile PF that can defend the basket, shoot a bit drive and finish and he seems pretty coordinated and smooth for his size. He may not end up being anything so it is probably a risky pick and it seems like he has a lot to work on but he's got good potential in a lot of these areas where a lot of the picks are kind of lost causes at some of this stuff. I think this would be taking a swing but I like that idea in this draft and where we are.

Filipowski also that has what sounds like a nice skillset he can handle the ball, passes well seems to try on D and is fairly smart about it and shoots decently. I guess he can't defend the basket well but it sounds like he can defend in space which is nice for a 7 footer. Put him with an athletic rim defending 4 and someone with a bit of size like Drummond and that is a nice rotation. I don't hear too much about him (maybe he's too similar to Vuc) but his skill set and size seem pretty interesting.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#156 » by Chi town » Sat May 4, 2024 4:10 pm

So who will AK be trading the 11th pick for?

He wants to win not build a winner so I can see him moving this pick.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 606

Post#157 » by Almost Retired » Sun May 5, 2024 2:20 pm

chitowndish wrote:I like the idea of the Salaun pick. He's got some potential in a lot of interesting areas he could be a mobile PF that can defend the basket, shoot a bit drive and finish and he seems pretty coordinated and smooth for his size. He may not end up being anything so it is probably a risky pick and it seems like he has a lot to work on but he's got good potential in a lot of these areas where a lot of the picks are kind of lost causes at some of this stuff. I think this would be taking a swing but I like that idea in this draft and where we are.

Filipowski also that has what sounds like a nice skillset he can handle the ball, passes well seems to try on D and is fairly smart about it and shoots decently. I guess he can't defend the basket well but it sounds like he can defend in space which is nice for a 7 footer. Put him with an athletic rim defending 4 and someone with a bit of size like Drummond and that is a nice rotation. I don't hear too much about him (maybe he's too similar to Vuc) but his skill set and size seem pretty interesting.

I mentioned Filipowski a while back. Not that I think he'll be a star, but I think he'd make a solid starter with some height. We have too many guys between 6'4" and 6'7". Too many tweeners with questionable shooting abilities.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,286

Post#158 » by Dan Z » Sun May 5, 2024 7:30 pm

Almost Retired wrote:
chitowndish wrote:I like the idea of the Salaun pick. He's got some potential in a lot of interesting areas he could be a mobile PF that can defend the basket, shoot a bit drive and finish and he seems pretty coordinated and smooth for his size. He may not end up being anything so it is probably a risky pick and it seems like he has a lot to work on but he's got good potential in a lot of these areas where a lot of the picks are kind of lost causes at some of this stuff. I think this would be taking a swing but I like that idea in this draft and where we are.

I mentioned Filipowski a while back. Not that I think he'll be a star, but I think he'd make a solid starter with some height. We have too many guys between 6'4" and 6'7". Too many tweeners with questionable shooting abilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if AK picked Filipowski and then let Drummond walk.

As for Salaun I have mixed thoughts on players who have questionable jump shots. How many of them have panned out? I can think of many who end up with mediocre careers such as Josh Jackson, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Stanley Johnson, etc.

But it's not the best draft and sometimes you have to take a chance on someone. I'd just be disappointed to have another raw prospect who doesn't do much on an NBA level (I'm not saying that Salaun will necessarily do that, but mention it because of Terry and Phillips).
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,671

Post#159 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun May 5, 2024 9:55 pm

Finally got around to the tankathon simulator as we are a week away from the lottery. Bulls got 3rd and 4th by the sixth sim, 10 total. Drafting Reed Sheppard twice.

Reed was such an efficient player his freshman year. Plus posting a BPM of 11.4, elite stuff.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by DuckIII » Sun May 5, 2024 10:20 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:Finally got around to the tankathon simulator as we are a week away from the lottery. Bulls got 3rd and 4th by the sixth sim, 10 total. Drafting Reed Sheppard twice.

Reed was such an efficient player his freshman year. Plus posting a BPM of 11.4, elite stuff.

Which is why he’s not currently expected to be available when we pick. But things will change a ton between now and then.

Return to Chicago Bulls