Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition Pick #11

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,150

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#121 » by MrSparkle » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:I'd usually never consider taking a prospect like Edey in the lottery, but in this class I might. So many bigs, so many small guards and really almost no potential on-ball creators in this class. Almost nobody who really stands out to me. Might as well see how it works out with a giant center with good feel for the game. I also don't get how some people rank Holland outside of the top 10. In this class, he's top 5 based on upside alone IMO.

So far, my hope would be that Cody Williams somehow falls to the Bulls, which is kind of funny considering I loved his brother in the 2022 draft and really hoped he would fall to the Bulls. But I'm still early in my "scouting" process.

Most have Williams in the 10ish range so he wouldn't really have to fall to be around for the Bulls to take him.

Cody and Patrick would make the Williams HOF for "most talented to never break a sweat." Low motor, low volume 3Ps (despite a good form and percentage), poor rebounding and invisible steal/block digits.

(Joking aside, I'd consider Cody, cause he's the best looking talent in this draft, but he has red flags all over the place). It's just funny that we could very well have the exact same Williams problem on our hands, if we pick him.
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#122 » by Bullflip » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Who is the best 3 point shooter in the draft who can at least play average defense?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,826

Post#123 » by Jcool0 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:I'd usually never consider taking a prospect like Edey in the lottery, but in this class I might. So many bigs, so many small guards and really almost no potential on-ball creators in this class. Almost nobody who really stands out to me. Might as well see how it works out with a giant center with good feel for the game. I also don't get how some people rank Holland outside of the top 10. In this class, he's top 5 based on upside alone IMO.

So far, my hope would be that Cody Williams somehow falls to the Bulls, which is kind of funny considering I loved his brother in the 2022 draft and really hoped he would fall to the Bulls. But I'm still early in my "scouting" process.

Most have Williams in the 10ish range so he wouldn't really have to fall to be around for the Bulls to take him.

Cody and Patrick would make the Williams HOF for "most talented to never break a sweat." Low motor, low volume 3Ps (despite a good form and percentage), poor rebounding and invisible steal/block digits.

(Joking aside, I'd consider Cody, cause he's the best looking talent in this draft, but he has red flags all over the place). It's just funny that we could very well have the exact same Williams problem on our hands, if we pick him.

Almost everyone in the top 10 has red flags.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,826

Post#124 » by Jcool0 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:10 pm

Bullflip wrote:Who is the best 3 point shooter in the draft who can at least play average defense?

6'3" 187lbs Reed Sheppard. 2.5 SPG. 52% from 3 on 4.4 attempts.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,150

Post#125 » by MrSparkle » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Almost everyone in the top 10 has red flags.

Yeah, but I’m talking specifically about the things Patrick suffers from.

Cody seems like a cross of Snell, Patrick and ERob. :lol:
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,397

Post#126 » by 2weekswithpay » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Bullflip wrote:Who is the best 3 point shooter in the draft who can at least play average defense?

Risacher if he falls. Although his shooting this season might be a fluke. He's only a 70% FT shooter and this is his first season shooting the 3 ball well.

Reed Sheppard. His efficiency was off the charts (52% from 3). Most of his value on defense is off ball, he forced a large amount of steals but struggles to stay in front of athletic guards. He's also 6'2/6'3.

Jared Mccain. 6'3 guard but solid defensively and a great rebounder at his position. 41% from 3.

Tristan Da Silva. 4-years player with 3 straight years of good shooting. Good team defender but won't get many blocks or rebounds.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,937

Post#127 » by ChettheJet » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:36 pm

OK it looks like the Bulls are at #11. What are the odds of someone 4-10 being willing to work on a deal for Lavine, Caruso, Vucevic or a S&T with DeRozan, to trade down to #11 from 4-10 plus some contracts/young guys who haven't measured up?

I'm looking at PORT with a roster of veterans signed to big long term deals Ayton, Grant, Simons, Thybulle and they're at #4 and #14 now. What are they going to do with 2 kids signed to rookie deals? They already have young guys needing playing time, Henderson, Sharpe, Murray, two picks sit or go to the G League?

Do TOR with 2 picks and HOU add more young guys to wait on or do they think enough of the young guys they have to play them and want to add a veteran to get deeper into the playoffs? MEM gets Morant back to start the season so it's not like they're rebuilding.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,060

Post#128 » by Chi town » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:13 pm

Andi Obst wrote:
kodo wrote:
Chi town wrote:These playoffs are making everything obvious.

3pt Shooting is all that matters.

Draft shooting. Not Dalen Terry’s.

Hmmm...

Nuggets are near the bottom in 3P shooting, 9 3s per game at 26%. Imagine when they start hitting them.
Orlando & TWolves are also low 3P teams, 33% and 32%. Low volume too.

If I'm going to write a headline for these playoffs, it's "Big Is Back."

Exactly. We're seeing the most physical basketball we've seen in years and "shooting is all that matters"? Are we watching the same games?

Shooting is extremely important, of course. You can't just ignore it like the Bulls have in recent years. But there are so many other important keys to playoff success.

You all read the stats about the playoff teams and 3pt shooting from last page right?

Yes, they are finally letting them play but if you are watching the games you are seeing the 3s more contested and much harder to come by.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 658

Post#129 » by Rose2Boozer » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:27 am

Jcool0 wrote:

If the Pistons get the number one pick Reed Sheppard should be their guy.
ROLES & HOLES
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,455

Post#130 » by LateNight » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 pm

Based on AKs scouting, draft tendencies and projected lottery position - it feels like we’re planning to draft Tidjane Salaun. Which I would understand - but, I do like the Jared McCain idea. if we draft salaun, I’d hope we try to get an additional pick to target an older 3&D player later in the draft
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,526

Post#131 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:58 am

LateNight wrote:Based on AKs scouting, draft tendencies and projected lottery position - it feels like we’re planning to draft Tidjane Salaun. Which I would understand - but, I do like the Jared McCain idea. if we draft salaun, I’d hope we try to get an additional pick to target an older 3&D player later in the draft

I watched some Salaun clips after reading this. He’s definitely intriguing to my eyes. Drafting another toolsy non-shooter would be tough, but you’d hate to abandon the archetype just when the right prospect comes along.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,754

Post#132 » by DuckIII » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:14 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
LateNight wrote:Based on AKs scouting, draft tendencies and projected lottery position - it feels like we’re planning to draft Tidjane Salaun. Which I would understand - but, I do like the Jared McCain idea. if we draft salaun, I’d hope we try to get an additional pick to target an older 3&D player later in the draft

I watched some Salaun clips after reading this. He’s definitely intriguing to my eyes. Drafting another toolsy non-shooter would be tough, but you’d hate to abandon the archetype just when the right prospect comes along.

He’s definitely the type of legitimately long and mobile athlete we need more of, that’s for sure. He’s certainly explosive.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#133 » by burlydee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:41 am

Jcool0 wrote:

If the Bulls get a top 4 pick, he's my guy. Only American player with true star power in my opinion.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#134 » by burlydee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:43 am

2weekswithpay wrote:

Risacher if he falls. Although his shooting this season might be a fluke. He's only a 70% FT shooter and this is his first season shooting the 3 ball well.

Reed Sheppard. His efficiency was off the charts (52% from 3). Most of his value on defense is off ball, he forced a large amount of steals but struggles to stay in front of athletic guards. He's also 6'2/6'3.

Jared Mccain. 6'3 guard but solid defensively and a great rebounder at his position. 41% from 3.

Tristan Da Silva. 4-years player with 3 straight years of good shooting. Good team defender but won't get many blocks or rebounds.

Da Silva is Kuzma 2.0 in my opinion. For better or worse. Not as good on the ball, but I think a better defender.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,681

Post#135 » by sco » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:28 pm

I don't like pissing away 1sts, but this year's and the POR pick seem like they should be traded for assets that are more likely to be beneficial - either a future 1st and/or players.
:clap:
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,002

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#136 » by MisterRoy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:33 pm

We should draft Bronny. Just cause we can. See how he feels when someone screw up your plans.

#HeatlesKarma

Sent from somewhere you’ve never been.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#137 » by drosestruts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:46 pm

if we stay at 11 would you trade this years pick to San Antonio for the return of our pick plus Atlantas 2025 1st?
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,526

Post#138 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:12 pm

drosestruts wrote:if we stay at 11 would you trade this years pick to San Antonio for the return of our pick plus Atlantas 2025 1st?

Abso-effing-lutely. But why would they do that?
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,390

Post#139 » by drosestruts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:06 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
drosestruts wrote:if we stay at 11 would you trade this years pick to San Antonio for the return of our pick plus Atlantas 2025 1st?

Because they feel those picks won't be as good in 2025 due to potential improvement of Chicago and Atlanta as what they can get now at 11.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,397

Post#140 » by 2weekswithpay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:44 pm

drosestruts wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

Because they feel those picks won't be as good in 2025 due to potential improvement of Chicago and Atlanta as what they can get now at 11.

Next year's draft should be better. The Spurs would be trading potentially two picks out of the better draft. Also, the Spurs own the Raptors' pick this year if it falls outside the top 6. They can get two lottery picks this year anyway.

Return to Chicago Bulls