Image ImageImage Image

Bulls players who would be better suited for another team?

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

SirKaiser
Ballboy
And1: 7

Bulls players who would be better suited for another team? 

Post#1 » by SirKaiser » Tue May 7, 2024 9:57 pm

(if you had to pick one)

I've always thought that Vucevic gets a lot of unwarranted criticism. I'll admit that I scream at the TV with how he plays sometimes, but the guy has to shoulder a lot of the "weight" for the Bulls front-court.

It's a shame because like Lavine, I think he could have been a borderline superstar if paired with the right forwards. Think about a Aaron Gordon and Vooch front-court on our current Bulls team... not good as Joker/Gordon, but it certainly beats Torrey Craig and Pat Williams, right?

Honorable mention goes to Jevon Carter. Not a great player by any means but the guy had a career low 3pt% with us. I don't think it was entirely his fault.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,405

Re: Bulls players who would be better suited for another team? 

Post#2 » by drosestruts » Tue May 7, 2024 10:21 pm

No one on the Orlando Magic can put the ball in the hoop with any sort of efficiency. Zach LaVine would look amazing there.

Look at what Thibs has done with Josh Hart and Divencenzo then imagine what he could do with Caruso (in fairness Caruso probably fits on every team)

Kings bomb it away from 3, but struggle to close games. DeRozan could provide them with clutch scoring while they as a team provide him with plenty of 3-point shooting.

Jevon Carter looked a lot better on the Bucks than he did here.

The Heat could desperately use a point guard that can play a 3&d role off of Butler/Bam, but also at other times get their own shot and create for others. Ayo Dosunmy would be crushing it in Miami.

Kind of a cheat code but Patrick Williams would look amazing in Denver with his defense and shooting (a lot of people would look good in Denver I imagine).
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,388

Post#3 » by Hangtime84 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:34 am

Zach LaVine in the warriors system
Ayo on the clips
Coby on pelicans

Criticism on Vuc is factual and validated however, Vuc on Memphis would look good
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
prolific passer
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#4 » by prolific passer » Wed May 8, 2024 2:58 am

Ayo on the thunder. Coby on the Wolves.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,059

Post#5 » by NZB2323 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:50 am

We saw Alex Caruso win a championship on another team.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 661

Post#6 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed May 8, 2024 8:31 am

A Maxey/Caruso backcourt would be a game changer for the Sixers.
ROLES & HOLES
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,887

Post#7 » by dougthonus » Wed May 8, 2024 12:18 pm

I don't know that any players are particularly suited more for another team. If anyone, it's Zach LaVine sliding into a role where he's purely an off ball player with better guys he respects and gets into 3 dribbles or less Zach all the time.

Caruso wouldn't be any better somewhere else. He could obviously help a team in the same ways in a higher leverage situation, but it's not like we're misusing him. DeMar would probably worse just about anywhere else that has a real #1 option and forces him off the ball. Vuc would be probably be better if he had a coach that told him to stop using up so many possessions and had a great defensive PF and played him as a backup, but he'd have worse stats and people wouldn't think he was better there. Coby, Ayo, and Pat probably get the opportunity to maximize their roles here more than anywhere else. Everyone else is probably irrelevant.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,155

Post#8 » by MrSparkle » Wed May 8, 2024 3:59 pm

Truth is if these players really good fits for teams, there would’ve been a trade done that didn’t make us puke.

Fact that you have to think really hard to find some mutually beneficial trades means we don’t have good assets.

You could(er, have to) wait out Patrick, Phillips, Terry, Bitim. No high hopes, but they could pan into dependable role players one day. The alternative is dumping them (which may happen with Pat).

Caruso should be sold high if his value is close to the rumored value. You can get a lotto pick or two mid/late picks? Why in god’s name wouldn’t you do it at this point? He is expiring and going to need a pay raise. I’m a big fan of his game, but resigning him into his expensive 30s would be nonsensical (but guaranteed will happen).

Zach will fit any team with a good PG and rim protector, who catches him cheap. Charlotte (Bertans, filler & 6th pick if they fall out of 4, for example).
Narigo
Veteran
And1: 822

Post#9 » by Narigo » Wed May 8, 2024 5:30 pm

Alex Caruso and Pat Williams
Narigo's Fantasy Team

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Sidney Moncrief
SF:
PF: James Worthy
C: Tim Duncan

BE: Robert Horry
BE:
BE:

Return to Chicago Bulls