Image ImageImage Image

Would we want to help Miami??

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

tyrususi007
Senior
And1: 0

Would we want to help Miami?? 

Post#1 » by tyrususi007 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:19 pm

First. We have all been talking about finding a place to dump Ben Wallace, and after watching Miami lose game after game (i know they have alot of injuries) Does anyone think they would be interested in Ben Wallace?

We have been talking about Pau Pau Pau. So at first I had two trades and I went back and rolled it into a three team, three way deal.

Check this out.

Chicago Bulls get: Daequan Cook & Jason Williams (from Miami) and Pau Gasol and Juan Carlos Navarro (from Memphis)

Memphis gets: Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, Joe Smith and Viktor Khryapa (from Chicago) and Smush Parker (from Miami)

Miami gets: Ben Wallace (from Bulls)

Maybe there needs to be a draft pick or two thrown at Memphis, so be it.

I know that it would be strange to send Wallace to the Heat, but they are close to desperate to get things back on track in a hurry. They have talked about trading Jason Williams and Smush, at least with Ben Wallace Miami would have him under contract for another few years.

Why for Memphis? they save save save! that is their goal anyways. with Smith under a decent deal for one more season after this year (and maybe Joe Smith could help with Darko) Duhon can be resigned as a solid backup Gordon if he cant be signed can be used as trade bait for a sign and trade and Smush and V.K. come off the books

thoughts?
tyrususi007
Senior

Post#2 » by tyrususi007 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:22 pm

oh and it does work in the trade checker.

Trade ID 4386160
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#3 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:25 pm

Riley isn't stupid. He knows that Ben Wallace isn't that good; certainly not good enough to drag a 8-23 team out of the doldrums.
tyrususi007
Senior

Post#4 » by tyrususi007 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:27 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Riley isn't stupid. He knows that Ben Wallace isn't that good; certainly not good enough to drag a 8-23 team out of the doldrums.

I agree with you 100% Cliff, but what are they giving up to get the somewhat servicable veteren?? see what I mean?
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#5 » by newskoolbulls » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:32 pm

He has one aging center making a ton, i doubt he wants to take on another.
Kneepad
Sixth Man
And1: 39

Post#6 » by Kneepad » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:38 pm

newskoolbulls wrote:He has one aging center making a ton, i doubt he wants to take on another.

Miami eeked out one championship with Shaq. Now they need to back up the truck and totally rebuild.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#7 » by Cliff Levingston » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:43 pm

tyrususi007 wrote:I agree with you 100% Cliff, but what are they giving up to get the somewhat servicable veteren?? see what I mean?

They're not going to, see what Cliff Levingston means?

Using what they have right now, there's very little chance they can get anyone of real impact. They'd be much better off just tearing it down and rebuilding around Wade. Getting a guy like Beasley sure wouldn't hurt.
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#8 » by NLK » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:10 pm

Help Miami now, but not allowing to give them a high draft pick that could help Dwayne Wade later. I find it smart to do that. Regarding to the actual specs of the trade...I don't like it one bit. Sorry tyrususi007, I can't get on board with that. Had there been a mention of getting Miami's 1st Rounder, you'd have me at Hello!
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
antemiogordon
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by antemiogordon » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:49 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Riley isn't stupid. He knows that Ben Wallace isn't that good; certainly not good enough to drag a 8-23 team out of the doldrums.

:clap:

Someone should evaluate how that trade checker affected this forum and fans behavior :o

Return to Chicago Bulls