Image ImageImage Image

JJ Redick anyone?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

chrisbshenk
Ballboy
And1: 0

JJ Redick anyone? 

Post#1 » by chrisbshenk » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:43 pm

Say what you will about the guy, but he is buried on the Orlando bench and can shoot the lights out. He would be a good addition to the team, and especially crucial when teams overplay Gordon, because unlike Captain Kirk, and Du-slob, he can actually drain shots. That may be all he can do, but it is a needed skill for us. If we could get him on the cheap, I am all for it.
Kneepad
Sixth Man
And1: 39

Re: JJ Redick anyone? 

Post#2 » by Kneepad » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:54 pm

chrisbshenk wrote:Say what you will about the guy, but he is buried on the Orlando bench...

For a reason...
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#3 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:01 pm

Hmm, just occurred to me when I was reading the Magic article before even seeing this thread -

People here wish we drafted Ronnie Brewer...
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#4 » by Dieselbound&Down » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:12 pm

Redick will make a nice assistant to WoJo at Duke some day.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#5 » by girlygirl » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:31 pm

Until Redick larns how to play defense, he's going to be sitting on the bench of any team.

If he could play any defense at all or was a good playmaker, I wouldn't mind him on the Bulls. But if we are looking for another shooter off the bench, why not take a look at JamesOn Curry first? He may not be quite the deadeye Redick is, but chances are he's be much better on the other end of the floor
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#6 » by TB#1 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:04 pm

According to the ads for the Better Basketball videos, JJ Redick is "perhaps the best shooter in basketball history"

Dare we argue the point? Is there, perhaps, some other deficiency (deficiencies) in his game that has kept him from MVP/GOAT status?

Tune in to find out, my friends.

Same Bat time.

Same Bat channel.
bre9
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by bre9 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:51 pm

Duhon and Thabo for J.J. Redick and Dooling. Helps the bulls a lot.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#8 » by JimmyJammer » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:57 pm

Pietrus is the player the bulls needs to go out and get.
lxAsTrOxl
Sophomore

Re: JJ Redick anyone? 

Post#9 » by lxAsTrOxl » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:59 pm

I'll Pass on him for now. I'll take Jameer Nelson though.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#10 » by girlygirl » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:17 pm

TB#1 wrote:According to the ads for the Better Basketball videos, JJ Redick is "perhaps the best shooter in basketball history"

(picture)

Dare we argue the point? Is there, perhaps, some other deficiency (deficiencies) in his game that has kept him from MVP/GOAT status?

Tune in to find out, my friends.

Same Bat time.

Same Bat channel.

That is the funniest commercial for basketball instruction I've seen in a long while. I don't think it claims that he's "perhaps" the best shooter ever...I think it says he "is" the best shooter ever (not sure, would have to watch it again)

First of all, there have likely been some guys who were as good or better pure shooters than Redick in the history of college basketball. Not to say he wasn't very good, because he was. But his career shooting percentages at Duke don't knock one's eyes out -- 43.3 FG%, 40.6 3-PT% -- those are actually rather ordinary numbers. Just because he has more career 3-point FG than anyone in NCAA history doesn't make him the best shooter ever.

Does he have the best shooting form? He has excellent form, but so do a lot of guys (including Ben Gordon).
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#11 » by suckfish » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:35 pm

Best catch and shoot with nobody in the gym shooter? Maybe. Add Dave Hopla to that list and a bunch of other guys.

Still I like JJ. Someday I think he will find a team that has a suitable role for him, there will always be a place for shooters like him. Sure he can't create for himself and he sucks defensively and in a bunch of other categories, but alongside the right players and under the right coach he could be a nice guy to have.

I'm surprised he hasn't had more success around a low post monster like Howard.
SkillzDatKillz
Senior

Post#12 » by SkillzDatKillz » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:48 pm

I would happily had JJ as a backup guard here..Thabo sucks.
BuLLzDoMaIn
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#13 » by BuLLzDoMaIn » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:38 pm

thabo and a 2nd rounder for JJ lets get it
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#14 » by Nolan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:05 pm

I like JJ buts he's not what we need. Right now he's just a poor mans Ben Gordon and we definetly don't need that.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to Chicago Bulls